Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: NYTimes again!

Default NYTimes again!

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/201...tml?ref=travel

Maybe featuring Rub BBQ Pub is their way of addressing the "backlash" on the Slow's article?

Quote Originally Posted by Pushtina View Post

Maybe featuring Rub BBQ Pub is their way of addressing the "backlash" on the Slow's article?
    what is this backlash you speak of?

It's probably just coincidence. That Nudge sandwich sounds good. Anyone tried rub bbq pub?

Anyone tried rub bbq pub?
    I haven't tried Rub Pub, but I did try Red Smoke in Greektown the other day, and it was great. It's definitely in an odd location for a BBQ joint though, sandwiched right there between Laicos Greek Cafe and Cyprus Taverna in the heart of Greektown. Nonetheless, it was fantastic. Red Smoke is owned by the same brothers who own Astoria.

It's probably just coincidence. That Nudge sandwich sounds good. Anyone tried rub bbq pub?
    I have been there several times and I love it. I have only had the sandwiches but they prepare them great! Also, I like the sauces at Rub better than Slows [[yup, I said it). They are sauces that have influences from different places [[they have a Kansas, Texas, Detroit one etc). Also, their beer selection is massive [[I dunno if it is bigger than Slows though), I would check it out for sure if you have never been there.

I've been down there a couple of times. Only place in the area I've noticed that offers burnt ends [[god I miss KC BBQ). I kida became a snob during my time down there and *gasp* there is no BBQ in MI that even comes close [[even Slow's). The Mac'N'cheese is pretty good. I do like the sauces. The atmosphere is good, tons of TVs full of sports, giant mugs of a large selection of draught beer, and it's two doors down which always makes it easier for me.

Supposedly this place in Clarkston kills it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/union-woodshop-clarkston

yeah, but who's gonna drive through the whole of the OC to go there. Blah!!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman0077 View Post
    yeah, but who's gonna drive through the whole of the OC to go there. Blah!!
    Taking a direct quote from the late George Carlin... his same response to Ethiopian famine victims.....

... move to the food!!

I've been to the spot in Clarkston it was pretty good. It is part owned by Kid Rock and the guy that owns the Clarkston Union I believe. The food was no better than Slows although the service was much better.

Sam Kinison. I guess all those dead white comics look the same to you.