I love pesto too, still have not put up my mustard leaves pesto, I'm having too much fun trying other things with the leaves. But, tomorrow will be the day.

Dinner tonight was awesome! I unearthed a small venison tenderloin from the freezer, thawed it in one hour on my copper trivet -- magical thing. Made pilaf of wild rice, chopped red sweet pepper, chopped asparagus, garlic mustard leaves cut in strips. This was a Pure Michigan spring dinner. No real recipe, I just used what I had, in this order:

Wild Rice, microwave method: 1 cup wild rice, 3 cups water. Heat on High for five minutes, to boiling or almost. Then cook on 50% power for 30 minutes. When it is done, take out the finished rice and leave covered while you finish up the rest.

While the rice is cooking, start browning the loin, then cook about 5-10 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Add in chopped red bell pepper and chopped asparagus stems. Let them cook awhile. The loin may end up cooking on low heat there for about 20 minutes. I cook everything slow like that.

Take the loin out and mix a cup or two of the rice in with the veggies, stir it up and get it good and hot. Stir in the chopped asparagus tops and the garlic mustard leaves cut in strips. Stir for a minute or two. This will be smelling fabulous. Make a hole or two in the mix and put the loin in. Mine was in two pieces. I added four steamed asparagus stalks on top to look pretty. I steamed them on the rice after I took it out of the microwave.