Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah! I loved that... I prefer garlic granules over powder, or I just use fresh.

I find that onions can be used to invigorate frozen veggies when your fresh produce stocks are low. Example, I recently pulled out my freezer some frozen store-brought frozen Kale. Not the most interesting item, so I tossed in a skillet with a bit of olive oil, chopped up a generous amount fresh onions into it, added some slivers of fresh garlic [[I am a garlic maniac), a few frozen meatballs - seasonings, simmer a bit, bang fast dinner: one pot wonder!
    Yes, that and it's tastier and healthier then most of the carry-out restaurant food available these days. Over priced and over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ...frozen store-brought frozen Kale. Not the most interesting item,...
    Today my wife bought frozen spinach.
    Am I wrong: now I'm wary?
    I say frozen and canned spinach is what gave it a bad name.
    'Cause fresh spinach-- with garlic, pepper, and salt-- is delicious!
    Maybe only surpassed by mustard greens [[fresh!), for their occasional surprise.
    Last edited by bust; December-07-20 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    ...it's tastier and healthier then most of the carry-out restaurant food available these days. Over priced and over rated.
    And restaurant food is never big enough, especially if it's healthy.
    I have to always order an extra.
    If anyone knows exceptions I'm sure we'd all appreciate recommendations.
    Last edited by bust; December-07-20 at 06:37 PM.

Tell her to mix that into some stuffed peppers with parmesean, burger, dried bread, eggs and garlic and you'll love it. My God mother's recipe for stuffed peppers that no one else makes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Today my wife bought frozen spinach.
    Am I wrong: now I'm wary?
    I say frozen and canned spinach is what gave it a bad name.
    'Cause fresh spinach-- with garlic, pepper, and salt-- is delicious!
    Maybe only surpassed by mustard greens [[fresh!), for their occasional surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Am I the only person that cannot do a hardboiled egg? I've You Tubed , Web searched, Pinned food articles, and googled countless times. and yet the guy at work can peel an egg in 10 seconds.

Trust me I've tried for 15 years. Are there any REAL eggperts?
    Bigb, just curious, did you ever figure it out? It’s been what, 4 or 5 years, maybe instapot.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Bigb, just curious, did you ever figure it out? It’s been what, 4 or 5 years, maybe instapot.
    Yeah -

I just buy the peeled H-B eggs at Kroger, and watch the machines do it on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Am I the only person that cannot do a hardboiled egg? I've You Tubed , Web searched, Pinned food articles, and googled countless times. and yet the guy at work can peel an egg in 10 seconds.

Trust me I've tried for 15 years. Are there any REAL eggperts?
    My wife puts eggs in cold water, heats them to a boil, turns the heat off upon boiling and lets the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes. I spoon the egg out of water, cool it under tap water just long enough to handle it, whack in half with a sharp steak knife through the equator, hollow out the two halves with a t-spoon, check for shell fragments and chop with a fork.

Rooster sauce, in moderation, is a nice addition to any kind of egg.

^^^ Woo-hoo I'm getting hungry. And I love eggs. We can never get thru our bottle of Rooster sauce before it starts to get dark and taste changes. Otherwise I like it. Just wish it came in smaller size.

Boiled egg woes? For me I just boil then sit the eggs in cool water afterwards for a half an hour or so. Shells come right off.

I was introduced to something like rooster sauce on "onion pancakes with eggs" by a street vendor in Taipei. Here is a video. This has got to be one of the best ways of using eggs. The pancakes are both greasy and flaky. Put the rooster sauce on before rolling it up. They cost about $1.25[[US) there.

I've never noticed Rooster sauce changing color. We keep it in the refrigerator if that makes a difference. However, I have noticed Louisiana hot sauce fading in the fridge. That's for hotdogs. Hot dogs with yellow mustard and Louisiana hot sauce go good together.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13