Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ravine Guest

Oh hell, Laurin, don't take it all back; doing so casts the impression that you are siding with Mr. Sam's hysterical, half-rational and race-obsessed assessment, an assessment which is nearly incoherent and scatter-shot in its presentation.
    The "smart money" says that Mr. Sam sees everything through the lens with which he produced the crackpot perception he shared with-- or, more to the point, excreted upon-- us.
    Also, this would be a good time to take a minute and remind ourselves that the incident just happened and the "story" just broke.
    One of the issues in play, here, is that the media-- not just our local posse of camera-wielding voyeurs-- jumps all over an incident as soon as they learn of it, and in the rush to be the first ones on the air with it, they paste together whatever they think they have, and blurt it out in another one of their juicy "Breaking News Alerts." That's how their business is run, and if people didn't eat it up like a goddam ice cream cone, they would've stopped doing it a long time ago.
    So let's not become part of the same cycle of rushing to judgment ahead of having the facts, eh?
    Oh, never mind. What was I thinking? This is DetroitYes.
    In any case, they ran with what they thought they had, and part of that was the "shooter was philandering" angle.
    Since that particular angle doesn't seem to be all that germane to the meat of the story, I think it is unfortunate [[maybe even downright tacky & insensitive) that they chose to include it in their coverage of the incident, but I don't see anything racist going on, here.

I just watched the channel 4 story and it does seem they are playing up his double life.

Thay also reported that the carjacker's family/posse has threatened the double daddy's life and therefore he has been removed to a private hospital. No indication that the carjacker's family/posse is angry over the bigamy, but the report certainly leaves you with that impression.

However, Mr. Sam, I'm not getting the racial angle here. Could you expalin that a little. Are you saying the news is only reporting on the double life because DoubleDaddy is black? Or are you saying that since DoubleDaddy is black the news felt it was their duty to expose his lifestyle. Or are you saying that this is common within a certian demographic and to expose it is needlessly airing of dirty laundry?

I sure do wish BlkSoulX was around to decipher this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Oh hell, Laurin, don't take it all back; doing so casts the impression that you are siding with Mr. Sam's hysterical, half-rational and race-obsessed assessment, an assessment which is nearly incoherent and scatter-shot in its presentation.
    The "smart money" says that Mr. Sam sees everything through the lens with which he produced the crackpot perception he shared with-- or, more to the point, excreted upon-- us.
    Also, this would be a good time to take a minute and remind ourselves that the incident just happened and the "story" just broke.
    One of the issues in play, here, is that the media-- not just our local posse of camera-wielding voyeurs-- jumps all over an incident as soon as they learn of it, and in the rush to be the first ones on the air with it, they paste together whatever they think they have, and blurt it out in another one of their juicy "Breaking News Alerts." That's how their business is run, and if people didn't eat it up like a goddam ice cream cone, they would've stopped doing it a long time ago.
    So let's not become part of the same cycle of rushing to judgment ahead of having the facts, eh?
    Oh, never mind. What was I thinking? This is DetroitYes.
    In any case, they ran with what they thought they had, and part of that was the "shooter was philandering" angle.
    Since that particular angle doesn't seem to be all that germane to the meat of the story, I think it is unfortunate [[maybe even downright tacky & insensitive) that they chose to include it in their coverage of the incident, but I don't see anything racist going on, here.
    Point taken.
    I still do not believe it was racial-- it was just a mess of a story. So I don't take it all back.

Wow.

First, the thieves. Why would you steal power from a home where the homeowner is obviously right there? You don't think they're going to notice? You don't think, even if this works, that they're not going to call and the illegal hookup won't be removed as the legal homeowner works to get power restored?

Onto the homeowner. You don't like people stealing your power? Understandable. You want to stop them in their tracks. Fine. How about a warning shot to the ground or there's always a clearing of the throat while loading up the chamber? That usually gets someones attention. Call 911, grab a chair, and keep the boys up in their pole for the few hours that the cops take to get there. Even if they do get down, it's probably not going to be hard to find the idiots since, presumably, they are redirecting power to a house in plain sight of his own.

The ability to think ahead is obviously not a strong suit of anybody involved here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2