Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Count Scary

My brother and sister watched Sgt Sacto. I can't remember him, though. I think it was my brother who was always imitating him and laughing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Anybody remember " Morgus" ? I think he did the weather as a joke on Channel 2 late 60's.
    You could probably count on one hand [[no pun intended), how many people here are familiar with Morgus [[or even his connection with The News...now I'm really dating myself).

The last I heard, he went down to New Orleans and was doing his show down there for a number of years. I don't know if he's still doing it or even if he's still around.

Morgus The Magnificent He's a tongue-in-cheek conspiracy theorist.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-20-10 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    You could probably count on one hand [[no pun intended), how many people here are familiar with Morgus [[or even his connection with The News...now I'm really dating myself).

The last I heard, he went down to New Orleans and was doing his show down there for a number of years. I don't know if he's still doing it or even if he's still around.
    Show was called "Morgus Presents" if I am correct. He used a laboratory setting as his backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJ View Post
    fanniemae, George Noory from Art Bell's "Coast 2 Coast" worked @ WJBK then and had a hand in bringing Morgus here still has him on fairly often

Detroitplanner, I recall Tom Ryan copping @ the time that he ripped off "Count Floyd" from SCTV. You can rip off a show on tv for a comedy bit on the radio & it's no biggie, but when you take it to TV...now that's painful. And all the Detroit media pretending this guy invented sliced bread when the source material was on NBC Friday night @ 12:30 AM[[10 PM on the CBC if you preferred Channel 9) starring John Candy & Joe Flaherty[[who'd essay the SE Michigan father role in "Freaks & Geeks") is just a small illustration of local media's tunnel vision
    Thanks for the info. I listen to Noory a lot, CKLW 8 AM at 1 in the morning. I bet his show before Halloween will be a scream. Morgus was a unique and goofy character. Around that time , the Munsters came out and there was an interest in goofy , mad scientists. I don't remember which came first though. Morgus or Grandpa Munster. I liked Count Scary for about 5 seconds. Thought that was more a kids thing.

I remember my mom going to Great Scott to get the 3 D glasses to watch Count Scary's movies.

I think he was also the voice for the Daly Drive In ads.

Quote Originally Posted by polaar View Post
    Does anybody remember when Tom Ryan was the Sergeant Sacto character on channel 50 in the 1960s? A Mr. Spock-like character who did bits between the kids' shows in the afternoon.
    I give you a Sargent Sacto salute!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2