Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Comerica park is ass.

Of all the newer ballparks, it has to be one of the worse. If they would would have done it right, it could have been a really neat stadium. It is probably the least intimate ballpark I have even been in.

I will take crummy old bleachers over some dumb tacky fountain any day. Wow it erupts water every time a Tiger hits a home run. How exciting and original! Lets go ride the Ferris wheel now. That sounds like fun too.
    To put it bluntly, you're full of crap. The fact is that Comerica Park is a better place to see a game than most of the newer stadiums, including Camden Yards, Petco Park, Turner Field, etc. You don't have to do any of the carnival stuff if you don't want to . I'm sorry you miss Tiger Stadium, I do too, but deal with it.

Did anyone ever get correct answer? Is it this?

After years of debate and rescue attempts, demolition on the 93-year-old former Cass Technical High building will begin next month, school officials announced today.

The old building sits adjacent to the newer facility built in 2005 on Second Ave near downtown and has been targeted by vandals.

Read more: After years of debate, old Cass Tech to be razed | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010101...#ixzz12puBpyie

I assumed he was referring to the University Club. Cass has been a done deal for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Did anyone ever get correct answer? Is it this?

After years of debate and rescue attempts, demolition on the 93-year-old former Cass Technical High building will begin next month, school officials announced today.

The old building sits adjacent to the newer facility built in 2005 on Second Ave near downtown and has been targeted by vandals.

Read more: After years of debate, old Cass Tech to be razed | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010101...#ixzz12puBpyie
    You didn't. I guess you haven't been paying attention to the thread you replied to.

buildingsofdetroit I don't mean to be cryptic, but I was urged not to say anything because they are trying to seek a court injunction to stop demo this weekend. It's not the GAR or the Eddystone. All I can say is think empty buildings on East Jefferson and of buildings that have recently changed hands. Until I'm given the OK, I can't say. I really don't want to jeopardize anything, and I thought I'd have the OK by now but still waiting.
    buildingsofdetroit
    Again, think East Jefferson Avenue, just outside downtown.
    Last edited by leland_palmer; October-20-10 at 09:31 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3