Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1333

Hybrid View

Rumours of War....

The late Gregory Isaacs sings much of this song in Jamaican Patois yet the point is still clear:

Rumours and rumours and rumours and rumours
    Whole lotta propaganda
    Rumours a gwan
    Can't stop it...

Rumours dem spreadin'
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-25-22 at 10:17 AM.

Can't remember if anyone else here was a fan of this guy.

Mark Lanegan, Screaming Trees frontman and grunge innovator, dies at 57 - CNN

Something classical...

Played at the conclusion of the wedding of Edward Duke of Wessex [4th of 4 child of QE2 and Phillip Mauntbatten] at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle [where Prince Harry also married]... the song is called "Widor's Toccata"... and it was played as the "processional" as the bride and groom were exiting the royal chapel.

Here it is played on the mighty 4/36 Wurlitzer at the Detroit Fox by house organist David Callendine... playing the "slave console" up in the balcony of the Fox [first 2 minutes of this video]...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0rrR1n9l9I
    Last edited by Gistok; February-26-22 at 11:53 AM.

Been clicking on a lot of music on YouTube lately. Some great stuff from classics to jazz there, as Gistock notes in the above post.

Minecraft Disc Stal [Repeated] For 10 Hours

I play it as background music when there's no need for any other audio. Plus, the parrots like to dance to it:

Minecraft Stal

Elvis - His Latest Flame Remix - Hot Girls Shuffle Dancing - YouTube

I have no idea what connection this guy has to Detroit, but it's become my 'relax & be happy' video. It's always been my favorite Elvis tune. Remember when you had that kind of energy? lol...me neither!

U2 and this amazing Harlem gospel choir "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"

https://youtu.be/M8Wt3dhF4fU
    Last edited by Former_Detroiter; May-27-22 at 08:56 AM.

^ Nice!

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

https://youtu.be/aLtmq0g_4Og

These mist covered mountains
    Are a home now for me
    But my home is the lowlands
    And always will be
    Someday you'll return to
    Your valleys and your farms
    And you'll no longer burn to be
    Brothers in arms
    Through these fields of destruction
    Baptisms of fire
    I've witnessed your suffering
    As the battle raged high
    And though they did hurt me so bad
    In the fear and alarm
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms
    There's so many different worlds
    So many different suns
    And we have just one world
    But we live in different ones
    Now the sun's gone to hell and
    The moon's riding high
    Let me bid you farewell
    Every man has to die
    But it's written in the starlight
    And every line in your palm
    We're fools to make war
    On our brothers in arms

by Mark Knopfler

Came across this Rasputin song. I wondered if the singer Aurora was somehow comparing Putin with Rasputin. But I gave up on that idea when I noticed that this was sung before Putin's began his war. Putin has compared himself to Peter the Great rather than Rasputin. I did look up the meaning of Vladimir and Putin. Vladimir means " "of great power" [[folk etymology: "ruler of the world", "ruler of peace") / "famous power", "bright and famous. Putin means "someone belonging to the way/road, someone who goes along the way."

I might as well post this. It's sort of a catchy tune well done by Aurora.

Lyrics: There lived a man in Russia long ago He was big and strong, in his eyes a seeming glow Most people looked with terror and with fear But to Moscow chicks, he was such a lovely dear He could preach the Bible like a preacher Full of ecstasy and fire But he also was the kind of teacher Women would desire

Ra ra Rasputin Lover of the Russian queen There was a cat that really was gone Ra ra Rasputin Russia's greatest love machine It was a shame how he carried on.

"This man's just got to go", declared his enemies But the ladies begged, "Don't you try to do it, please" No doubt this Rasputin had lots of hidden charms Though he was a brute, they just fell into his arms For the queen, he was no wheeler-dealer Though she'd heard the things he'd done She believed he was a holy healer Who would heal her son.

Mackenzie High school band, 1954. I was there, flute section. Some favorite life time memories there, and it gave me an appreciation for find music to this day.

Yakety sax played on harmonicas:

https://youtu.be/9yB0I9HQ14E

Amplified history video from arctic Norway's early iron age by the German, Danish and Norwegian trio Heilung that receives a disproportionate number of positive comments from Native Americans and people healing from depression and PTSD. The costuming, singer's voice range and power, the imagery, cinematography, and connecting musical and scenic segments all are very good. There is even the best 53 second proto-Norse rap segment you've ever heard. The rapper has a necktie and also joins in the background of the final segment with the muskox. This isn't Hollywood. The baby Anoana is born. She is seen as a girl and later as a woman whose spirit merges with the muskox [[my interpretation). This is well before Vikings and their male religion. This is an ode to the power of women creating life, healing, and being one with nature. It is best listened to full screen and rather loudly with headphones. Loop it. Glance at the comments. The reed tube above the birthing woman has been described as either representing the birth channel or the entrance to the tube of light some dying people witness. When Heilung performed to 9,500 attendees at Red Rock last year, costumed Native Americans performed on stage with Heilung each in their native costumes.

Charismatic Voice's review of Anoana
    Last edited by oladub; July-19-22 at 06:58 AM.

Pulling this to front stage from the playlist because it deserves some limelight.

ELO - Don't Bring Me Down Remix w/ Beautiful shuffle girls

Okay, sexism aside and four years hence, the skill alone deserves to be revered. There is some real talent here.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-21-22 at 10:45 PM.

Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong - Dream A Little Dream Of Me {Audio}

Take My Hand {extra long version} - Dune {1984} closing credits music
    This video uses the version of the song mixed for the film.... It's been looped ... because no one wants it to end.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-26-23 at 10:45 PM.

Default Ren - Hi Ren

This is a live video in which insanity meets genius. It’s not pretty but needs a prize. Maybe a good introduction is to find a reviewer to walk you through this https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...i+Ren+reaction 6.8M hits since December. I just stumbled into it.

This Welsh singer/performer ran into serious physical and mental problems after several years of undiagnosed Lyme disease. He had stem cell therapy and is now being treated in Canada.

Last edited by oladub; March-08-23 at 10:40 PM.

Giù La Testa {Duck, You Sucker} -
    Soundtrack - Ennio Morricone -
    Full Album {1971}

Gordon Lightfoot - Complete Greatest Hits
    Gordon Lightfoot Best Songs Playlist
    Listen to the Complete Greatest Hits from legendary singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot featuring folk hits such as "Sundown", "Carefree Highway", "If You Could Read My Mind" and "The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald"....

1. Early Morning Rain 0:00:00
    2. For Lovin' Me 0:03:04
    3. Go Go Round 0:05:32
    4. Canadian Railroad Trilogy 0:08:12
    5. Pussywillows, Cat Tails 0:14:35
    6. Bitter Green 0:17:26
    7. If You Could Read My Mind 0:20:11
    8. Summer Side of Life 0:23:59
    9. Cotton Jenny 0:28:04
    10. Beautiful 0:31:47
    11. Sundown 0:35:15
    12. Carefree Highway 0:38:41
    13. Rainy Day People 0:42:22
    14. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald 0:45:13
    15. Race Among the Ruins 0:51:41
    16. Daylight Katy 0:55:02
    17. The Circle Is Small 0:59:14
    18. Baby Step Back 1:03:21
    19. Stay Loose 1:07:19
    20. Restless 1:11:15
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-02-23 at 09:22 PM.

City of New Orleans, Arlo Guthrie

Burt Bacharach special on PBS; Dione Warwick singing Say a Little Prayer

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Burt Bacharach special on PBS; Dione Warwick singing Say a Little Prayer
    Good stuff. But I still prefer the classics. [[No, not Frank or Bing, the real stuff, Wolfgang or Johannes.)

I Thought She Was A Rock 'n' Roller Until THIS Happened
    Jessica Norton is the amazing artiste in this video. Check out her YouTube channel here: / jcnorton14

Originally Posted by Ray1936
    Good stuff. But I still prefer the classics. [[No, not Frank or Bing, the real stuff, Wolfgang or Johannes.)"

Maybe Grieg then. Hall of the Mountain King. From the sort of sedate to metal.

Grieg: Peer Gynt / Järvi · Berliner Philharmoniker

Ragnhild Hemsing & Trondheim Soloists - Grieg: In the Hall of the Mountain King With Hardanger fiddle [[9 strings) and nature in the mountains where Peer Gynt took his bride.

https://youtu.be/Jg6s2gqd9pI <strong><font color="#222222"><span style="font-family: Verdana">

Eluveitie is a Swiss group.I believe the repeated lyrics are"Slagt ham! [[slay him). from the lyrics I didn't know went with the music. Be patient. This starts for real at 26sec. It has everything from a hurry gurdy to a bagpipe to an old guy in a suit.
    Last edited by oladub; May-23-23 at 09:54 PM.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast