Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Let's dedicate this one to Ravine and his overstuffed mailbox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzEY6ZqkuE

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I was in a classical mood today.... and listened to a very nice different genre...

Opera meets Pop Music.... this trio of future opera stars [[1st singer has already been named the next Andrea Bocelli)... these incredibly talented youngsters are only 16... Justin Bieber move over... they're already #3 on the European Billboard charts... and are touring America this year with their 1st album out in 3 weeks... group and album called "IL VOLO".... They were at the "Haiti We Are The World -25" songfest, and even Celine Dion wants to sing with them...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teOJp3Vidyw
    Wow... who would have thought that the group I was listening to back in January that none of you had ever heard of.... would today be the #1 in album sales in the USA....

That would be the "classic crossover" group known as IL VOLO... 3 young tenors [[16,16 and 17) from Italy who have voices like 45 year old classical stars...

They stormed into America this week as their album went on sale... on American Idol on Thursday [[and on Jay Leno on Friday). On Idol... they were the ones that overwhelmed the audience [[and remaining idol stars... their stunned expressions are priceless).... and were given a standing ovation...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZvz0pXV48

Most of the hundreds of thousands of hits went to other versions of their songs..... [[not this Idol version).

IL VOLO said that they wanted to conquer America with their classic songs... especially American youth. I think that they might actually suceed... in all age group categories...

This week their CD became the #1 seller... pushing Lady Gaga out of first place in Amazon.com CD sales!!

IL VOLO said that they wanted to conquer America with their classic songs... especially American youth. I think that they might actually suceed...
    But are they cuter than the Jonas Brothers? Not really my type of sound, but at least they don't use autotune.

"In a Persian Market", by the DSO. Doesn't anyone here care for the classics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    "In a Persian Market", by the DSO. Doesn't anyone here care for the classics?
    My twelve year old is trying to soften me up for downloading a copy of Grand Theft Auto by using his mom's credit card numbers. Some of the optional soundtrack on GTA is of classical [[mainly operatic arias).
    See dad how good this game is???
    The soundtrack is to a game where the player steals cars, trucks, and other vehicles and sometimes beats the crap out of them. Howdya like that Ray1936?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    The soundtrack is to a game where the player steals cars, trucks, and other vehicles and sometimes beats the crap out of them. Howdya like that Ray1936?
    Well, ya gotta take the good with the bad. Anything that exposes young 'uns to fine music is okay with me.

Beautiful music is everything from Beethoven and Vivaldi to the Beatles and Simon & Garfunkle, with a nod also to C&W. But this Rap and heavy metal is NOT music.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    But are they cuter than the Jonas Brothers? Not really my type of sound, but at least they don't use autotune.
    Pam, I never would have guessed that "classic crossover" [[the genre that Celine Dion, Josh Groban, IL DIVO and Andrea Bocelli sing) would one day be popular with American teens... it never has before... and as for the Jonas Brothers.... here's some comments I've culled from the Youtube videos on IL VOLO.... [[still #1 selling CD in America as of last week on American Idol)....

- "I think they will become popular with the younger people cause im 14 and i only heard of them 3 days ago and im already in love with thier music. which is kinda strange for me cause i like punk and rock.....and punk rock...lol."

- "I think it says a lot when USA has people like justin bieber hanna montana and lil wayne who are ridiculously overrated and then meanwhile Europe is being conquered by these teens. i mean THIS is what Singing is!"

- "I don't know who was responsible for bringing these wonderful European, young talents to this show but it clearly put the American Idol voices to shame. You could see it in the eyes of those who watched. Italian voices... You can't even come close."

- "Pretty sad when we present Nicole S and 50cents as our American talent[[?) and then these amazing men come on and show what real music should be. They arent auto tuned-no naked dancers-no nasty or sugestive lyrics just beautiful talent. Bravo Il Volo."

- "HAHA they definlately took america by storm. it's a little sad that this is what's going on in italy, these good looking boys with voices from the gods, and we have miley cyrus, rihanna, and other overrated losers who can't even sing. it's so sad."

- "Gawd they are so freaking awesome! I love them! I'd hate to be one of the Jonas Brothers right now 'cause damn, they got taken to the cleaners in the triple threat category [[by this I mean ALL three talented singers, looking cute, and having style!)"

Pam, I never would have guessed that "classic crossover" [[the genre that Celine Dion, Josh Groban, IL DIVO and Andrea Bocelli sing) would one day be popular with American teens... it never has before
    I think Josh Groban has some younger fans, because he does have the cute factor. I think Celine had teen fans during the Titanic craze. But, I think what we all want to know is-will Ray 1936 like Il Volo?

Speaking of Josh Groban...I enjoyed this performance by him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Axzxe1a78E

LOL... maybe we should have Ray1936, The Rock, and Old Guy check them out....

I like Josh... but he's needs to do something with that hair.....

I think Josh Groban has some younger fans, because he does have the cute factor. I think Celine had teen fans during the Titanic craze. But, I think what we all want to know is-will Ray 1936 like Il Volo?
    Like him? [[her, it). I never even heard of him. [[her, it.)

Like him? [[her, it). I never even heard of him. [[her, it.)
    See link posted by Gistok above.

See link posted by Gistok above.
    Got it, Pam.

Actually, I'm not happy with myself that I'm.......well, I'm what some would call a musical snob, because I don't like ALL music. There must be something in rock and heavy metal and rap because it's so popular, but I just find it all quite grating.

I'm the one that's poorer for that view, but it's me. Can't help it. Took piano lessons from age five and flute starting at seven. Mackenzie HS Band and Orchestra and WSU band. Give me a Sousa or a Vivaldi [[some spread!) and I'm in pure heaven. It's my background.

But give me Snoop Doggie Dog and I may upchuck.

Saving redeeming quality? I do like C&W. Oh. And Mexicana is just fine with me. Love those bass guitars!!!

Got it, Pam.

Actually, I'm not happy with myself that I'm.......well, I'm what some would call a musical snob, because I don't like ALL music. There must be something in rock and heavy metal and rap because it's so popular, but I just find it all quite grating.

I'm the one that's poorer for that view, but it's me. Can't help it. Took piano lessons from age five and flute starting at seven. Mackenzie HS Band and Orchestra and WSU band. Give me a Sousa or a Vivaldi [[some spread!) and I'm in pure heaven. It's my background.

But give me Snoop Doggie Dog and I may upchuck.

Saving redeeming quality? I do like C&W. Oh. And Mexicana is just fine with me. Love those bass guitars!!!
    I doubt there is really anyone who likes all music so don't feel bad. Here's one for you-a country song done Mexican style.

http://youtu.be/pwMsKGw8Rkc

I wasn't exposed to classical music or instruments growing up , so I guess in a sense that is my misfortune . There is a few genre's I don't care for as well , but if it makes people happy , its all good .
    Here's one of my favorite S & G tunes

I still find stuff on You Tube I never heard before. I've heard of this group but never listened to them before. Here's an appropriate song for today since we are under a flood watch.

http://youtu.be/GpFlO07L5KM

[[Boswell Sisters 1931)

I doubt there is really anyone who likes all music so don't feel bad. Here's one for you-a country song done Mexican style.

http://youtu.be/pwMsKGw8Rkc
    Oh, that's cool! Thanks!

The Trans Siberian Orchestra is very popular with all age groups. Besides their Christmas music, which a lot of people are aware of, they have taken many classical pieces, put them in rock music format and put them together in a rock opera with lengthy stories built around the music. Check out Beethovan's Last Night and/or Night Castle music on YouTube and you will see what I mean, although there is nothing like being there and listening to the entire story. Their concerts are attended by every age group and their shows are fantastic!

Oh, that's cool! Thanks!
    I'm glad you liked it.

It should be against the law to be this beautiful ............ sorry ladies I'm getting carried away again lol

Robbie Fulks sings Cher. Funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB4GG979qnw

Motorhead - Please don't touch; Motorhead; We are the Road Crew.

Social Distortion - 99 to Life

Jesus and Mary Chain - Bo Diddley is Jesus.

I'm rediscovering Joe Sample's brilliance on this fine, lazy Sunday morning. Just went through two of his albums that I recorded onto cassette back in 1990...my honey had never heard of him. We just spent over two hours watching the sunrise blend into what promises to be another beautiful day.

Cheers!

Last couple of days, a lot of Bob Dylan.

Hey Gannon- here's a James Taylor song for you. I'm not normally a James fan but I'm a fan of these two people:

http://youtu.be/jtSfXu3-hFQ

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast