Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Buju Banton and Cutty Ranks. Gettin my reggae and dance hall on!

Always loved Lady Jane, one of my favorites by the Stones. Great guitar picking, love that intro. While the Beggars banquet-to-Exile era was proabably them at their best, I still love the older stuff too. Songs like Heart of Stone, I'm Free, It's All Over Now, etc, still sound great after all these years. I was listening to the 12x5 album when I was four years old!

Yes the early stuff was great and evolved much like the Beatles did . Playing the dulcimer was the late Brian Jones .

Another great one. Pretty irritating how all the other band members can't be seen during the song! The Animals went through more lineup changes than just about anyone. By this time they were basically a different band - the only original member was Eric Burdon [[I think). Andy Summers [[The Police) was in the band for a short time. They managed to put out good music through all the changes.

I think Eric Burdon just did or will do a gig at one of the Adiamo's . Here's another oldie [[1965) check out a 24 yr. old David Crosby [[dark shirt) . My hips hurt just watching those go-go dancers lol

check out a 24 yr. old David Crosby
    Forget Crosby-what about young Gene Clark?!

Default Street art made from explosions

Rush...er, I mean Rash [[for those who know will get the joke). Slings and Arrows, Working Man.

Andre Williams Shoo Doo.

Jazz Portrait of Frank Sinatra by the Oscar Peterson Trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Pondering the former criticism here of stenciled graffiti, I'm wondering whether stenciling can be excused if it compensates for all the [[un?)anticipated random imperfections of explosive art.

Note that post-production video editing is itself a form of stenciling—masking the failures reveals the successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Forget Crosby-what about young Gene Clark?!
    Love that jangly 12 string Rickenbacker guitar music. I'll listen to it every time Beatles, Byrds, Petty, R.E.M., Gin Blossoms LOVE IT

RIP Phoebe as well

I just heard Poly Styrene died. Sad. One of the coolest of the 70s British punks in my opinion.

http://youtu.be/A_R2UrRME_E

Jason Isbell.

anyone remember Buffy and this anti war classic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    Good song, bad hats.

I remember seeing Bob doing this tune on Belle Isle [[free concert) in the early 70's at a '' Kite-In'' on the Island . I always wondered who the girl in the band [[at the time '' Back In '72 '') providing back up vocals , so I looked it up and it was Marcy Levy a.k.a. Marcella Detroit who went on to back up many big name artists including Leon Russell , Eric Clapton '' The Core ''

Quote Originally Posted by SMRJim View Post
    While the Beggars banquet-to-Exile era was proabably them at their best
    Yes, yes it was.

Oh and to keep on topic, I've been on a Kinks kick lately.

I've been on a Kinks kick lately.
    I was listening to a few tunes by them recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOSe53DzLP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzpShIhvrjU

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast