Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

That's what happens when homosexuals rule the world. I've seen the results from the blog.

Danny, that is probably the most inane thing you've ever said, and that is going some. Where, from this discussion, do you glean that gays rule the world. If they did, there wouldn't be accusations of hate crimes or bigotry because they would be in the majority.

Ravine Guest

Jcole Or Not Jcole?

Quote Originally Posted by President Sekou View Post
    T And what is bigoted to some is not to others. Besides, its not like anyone is forcing anyone to read that nonsense, the man is clearly a loon, so why treat his little blog and his little protest as anything of consequence?
    Yes, to bigots, bigotry might not seem bigoted.

And we don't want people who are clearly loons in positions of significant power in the state legal system.

Posted: 2:39 p.m. Oct. 29, 2010 | Updated: 3:52 p.m. today
    U-M student leader seeks assistant AG's disbarment

By Lori Higgins
    Free Press Education Writer
    Chris Armstrong is going after Andrew Shirvell’s law license.

Armstrong, the president of the Michigan Student Assembly at the University of Michigan, today filed a misconduct complaint with the Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission.

Shirvell is the Michigan assistant attorney general who has been under fire for a blog in which he attacks Armstrong, the first openly gay president of the MSA.

Armstrong is seeking an investigation, discipline and possible disbarment of Shirvell, according to a press release sent by his attorney, Deborah Gordon of Bloomfield Hills. The complaint is on the grounds that Shirvell “repeatedly harassed and defamed Armstrong in a relentless, six-month campaign of lies, dishonesty, heckling, hate speech, and even job interference."

The misconduct rule Shirvell is accused of violating says it’s professional misconduct for an lawyer to “engage in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, misrepresentation, or violation of the criminal law.”

Armstrong said in his filing that Shirvell made “obviously false, disgusting, and utterly outlandish allegations about Armstrong’s lifestyle and personal behavior and by trying to get Armstrong ousted from a summer internship on Capitol Hill.”

“I felt that I could not stand by and let Mr. Shirvell continue his reckless, bullying behavior,” Armstrong says in the release.

The filing comes four days after Armstrong withdrew a request for a personal protection order against Shirvell, saying he had been assured that Shirvell would not contact him again.

Shirvell’s blog, which is now private, has described Armstrong as promoting a “radical homosexual agenda.” He has also called Armstrong a racist and Nazi.

Shirvell is on a voluntary leave from the attorney general’s office, but plans to return Nov. 5. He faces a disciplinary hearing that day.

The complaint alleges five specific actions Shirvell has taken against Armstrong:

• Calling Armstrong “Satan’s representative” on the MSA

• Repeatedly harassing and heckling Armstrong outside his home and on other locations in and around the U-M campus

• Falsely accusing Armstrong of binge drinking and improper conduct at churches and on school grounds

• Trying to get Armstrong removed from a summer internship in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office in Washington

Gordon, in a letter to Shirvell, is also asking that he retract his misrepresentations and defamatory statements, stop “his ugly hate speech, and cease any stalking behavior and harassing conduct directed at Armstrong."

Armstrong’s attorney filed a complaint herself against Shirvell, citing a Michigan Rule of Professional Conduct that a lawyer who has knowledge that another lawyer has violated the rules shall inform the commission. She released a copy of her complaint, but declined to release a copy of Armstrong’s complaint.

Shirvell’s attorney, Philip Thomas of Grosse Pointe Park, said he was shocked to see the news release today – four days after Armstrong dismissed his PPO request.

“Why here on Oct. 29 after we resolve something on Monday of this week? Both sides made a good faith pledge. There would be no further contact, no further problems. None of it makes sense to me,” Thomas said.

Thomas had just returned to his office from Ann Arbor, where he attended a hearing to try to overturn an order that bars Shirvell from stepping foot on the U-M campus.

Thomas said he can’t comment on the specifics of the grievance commission complaint without seeing it. But, he said, “Everything that Mr. Shirvell did was protected by his First Amendment rights to free speech – as objectionable as somebody may find it.”
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle
    Last edited by Meddle; October-30-10 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Danny, that is probably the most inane thing you've ever said, and that is going some. Where, from this discussion, do you glean that gays rule the world. If they did, there wouldn't be accusations of hate crimes or bigotry because they would be in the majority.
    Yep, Danny's rants have gone above and beyond with that one. He's set a new low when it comes to no facts to supporting his "arguments".

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...who-s-stalking

Jason Jones interviews Andrew Shirvell.

As an alum, I find it amazing that it took this long for that hotbed of political correctness and lefty-ism to actually elect the first openly gay MSA president.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcove Magnesia View Post
    As an alum, I find it amazing that it took this long for that hotbed of political correctness and lefty-ism to actually elect the first openly gay MSA president.
    I know. We had a gay student body president at MSU way back when I was there in the late '70s.

Guess my 'cow college' alma mater wins again... ...by more than 30 years. And no creepy alumni bigoted religious zealot closet case government official stalkers either. In fact, as I remember, not really much controversy at all. So much for all that vaunted AA tolerance and looove. Go State!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russix View Post
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...who-s-stalking

Jason Jones interviews Andrew Shirvell.
    The interview was hilarious! That dude seems strange [[to put it mildly). How did he ever get hired as Asst AG?! For him to voluntarily agree to do this interview shows an extreme lack of wisdom on his part and hints that he may be a bit delusional.

Watching Andrew Shivrell speak on camera makes it hard for me to believe that he is heterosexual. Maybe he is just a nerd, but my gaydar perks up when he is on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    Watching Andrew Shivrell speak on camera makes it hard for me to believe that he is heterosexual. Maybe he is just a nerd, but my gaydar perks up when he is on camera.
    I thought the same thing.

IMO, Shivrell is nothing more than an attention whore and has unfortunately targeted Armstrong. He has aligned himself with Westboro for even more attention. I can't believe Cox's office puts up with this crap knowing full well the publicity damage Shivrell is causing his office. When I worked for state government we weren't even allowed to write a letter to an editor without our supervisor's approval. If it wasn't approved, it wasn't published. Some people complained but it was in our employment contract. We even had to have permission for part time work. Shivrell's actions are a direct reflection on the State Attorney's Office and free speech or not, the man should be canned.

How did he ever get hired as Asst AG?!
    Maybe he sucked some cock to get there??

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That's what happens when homosexuals rule the world. I've seen the results from the blog.
    Proof that we Gays don't rule the world? You're still breathing aren't you, Danny?
    Now away with you homophobe, before someone outs YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Maybe he sucked some cock to get there??
    ...well, he did go to Ave Maria.

https://www.michigandaily.com/conten...enerals-office
    Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox wrote in a statement released this afternoon that Shirvell "was fired for conduct unbecoming a state employee."
    Cox wrote that Shirvell wasn't fired for exercising his First Amendment rights, but rather for "harassing conduct" among other reasons.
    "The cumulative effects of his use of state resources, harassing conduct that is NOT protected by the First Amendment, and his lies during the disciplinary conference all demonstrate adequate evidence of conduct unbecoming a state employee," Cox wrote.
    According to the press release, Shirvell went to Armstrong's house three times — once at 1:30 a.m.
    "That incident is especially telling because it clearly was about harassing Mr. Armstrong, not engaging in free speech," Cox wrote.
    The former assistant attorney general's behavior also included "harassing Armstrong's friends as they were socializing in Ann Arbor" and "attempting to 'out' Armstrong's friends as homosexual — several of whom were not gay," Cox wrote.
    This is a change from Cox's opinion on Shirvell's behavior last month, when the attorney general was on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. On the show, Cox said Shirvell's actions were protected by the First Amendment.
    Shirvell's "use of state resources" included calling Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi's office — where Armstrong worked this past summer — during work hours, the press release states. Shirvell tried to get Armstrong fired from his job with Pelosi's office, according to Cox's statement.
    Also, "Shirvell would, at times, post attacks on Armstrong on the Internet while at work," Cox wrote in the press release.
    The decision to fire Shirvell was also based on his dishonesty with other assistant attorneys general who investigated Shirvell's case throughout his disciplinary hearing, Cox wrote. The disciplinary hearing to determine Shirvell's employment status with the state's attorney general office began on Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinmotown View Post
    This guy is a totally gay and hates himself for it. He thinks that by attacking gay people he will make himself straight. Come on his name is Andrew. How gay is that. One of these days he will be arrested for having sex with a man in a public bathroom. Remember the racist Storm Thurman. He hated blacks then it turned out he was banging his black maid and produced a child. Racist bastards. Both of them.
    I totally agree with you on this one!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4