Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    I'm just now catching up with your idiotic response.
    You seem to have an illness. Perhaps infecting, with an injection of sourness, one of the few DY threads which was free of mean-spiritedness or malice has treated some of your symptoms.
    In your rush to be foul, it appears that you have mis-read my post.
    My love of music, it seems, is innate; it is a fact that it cost me nothing.
    Now go poison some pigeons, or something.
    Poisoning pigeons may not be free, but listening to music about poisoning pigeons is free if you do it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    I'm just now catching up with your idiotic response.
    You seem to have an illness. Perhaps infecting, with an injection of sourness, one of the few DY threads which was free of mean-spiritedness or malice has treated some of your symptoms.
    In your rush to be foul, it appears that you have mis-read my post.
    My love of music, it seems, is innate; it is a fact that it cost me nothing.
    Now go poison some pigeons, or something.

From DW33512
    -Good health.
    Healthcare isn't free.

Nice Ravine. When I posted a sibling was dying, and passed not long after that. Healthcare would not have saved them. Goat is always a jerk.
    Last edited by DW313512; November-17-10 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Money don't buy friendship. PERIOD!
    I think you should clarify that it doesn't buy TRUE friendship.

IMO:

Money cannot buy true happiness. True happiness must come from within you.

Money cannot buy class. Class is learned along the way through life.

Money cannot buy health. It can buy a new aortic heart valve; but even that does not make one heart disease free.

Money cannot buy the laughter of my grandchildren. There is no sweeter music to my ears than their laughter. Motown music comes close to being the sweetest, but my grandchildren win that prize regardless!

What money cannot buy...

The feeling of transcending the idea that "no good deed goes unpunished" by instead committing to perform good deeds evermore relentlessly and if necessary, clandestinely.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-17-10 at 11:07 PM.

Default The elders speak

"Money cannot buy affection."

-- Mangas Coloradas, APACHE

In these modern times we put too much emphasis on material things and on money. We believe that money is power. If we have money, people will respect us. If we have money, people will admire us. If we have money, we can have anything we want. Maybe we can purchase anything in the material world, but we cannot purchase anything in the Unseen World. The Unseen World is not for sale. It can only be given away. Love, affection, admiration, trust, respect, commitment -- these must be earned or given away. If we use these things from the Unseen World, we are using real power.

My Creator, let me demonstrate Your power today. Let me be loving to all I meet

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    IMO:

Money cannot buy the laughter of my grandchildren. There is no sweeter music to my ears than their laughter. Motown music comes close to being the sweetest, but my grandchildren win that prize regardless!
    True, but now the grandchildren are entering college, and I'm hearing hints for $$$ from them and their parents. Sigh.

Haven't seen you post for a spell, Erie. All OK?

Money can not buy hands, and as it turns out, it don't need to

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3e0_1290210604

Glenn Beck's comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    True, but now the grandchildren are entering college, and I'm hearing hints for $$$ from them and their parents. Sigh.

Haven't seen you post for a spell, Erie. All OK?
    Hi Ray! Yes all is ok here. Just busy and don't get to the forum as much as I'd like to. I promised myself I'd check in here more frequently - but that went by the wayside. Some days, before I know it - it's time for bed! Then start it all over again the next day!

I understand all about those hints! Sheesh! We made it on our own somehow. They could do it too, eh??

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post

I understand all about those hints! Sheesh! We made it on our own somehow. They could do it too, eh??
    They will for the most part, but I suspect most birthday and christmas presents will be cash in the years ahead. I shudder at these stories of young folks graduating and having a $100,000 student loan debt to share their lives for the next twenty years or so. That's downright obscene.

I kept searching for and missing this thread because I was thinking it was named something like "What Can't Be Done." Then I remembered it was titled "What Money Can't Buy."

Now I know better. Just because money can't buy a thing doesn't necessarily mean its benefits can't be realized. The true value of a thing is not necessarily related to its monetary value.

Now I know better.

Money cannot buy anything truly worthwhile. Ever.

If you think you can buy it, you are living a delusion.

A Glenn Beck fatal heart attack....

Can't stand the guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2