Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

If you were to have some construction work done on your property, lets say window replacement or a driveway replacement, would anyone be comfortable if they saw the workers down a 40 and/or smoke a joint on their lunch break? I'd be on the phone before they could get another ounce down their throat and tell the owner what's going on. I bet you those guys would be canned on the spot. News of that starts spreading that owner is losing jobs/money.
    When you're paying good money for a project you expect the workers to show up and act professional.

They were not on the job.
    There has been NO information on their work performance.

What if they had beer and MJ for breakfast at home? What if a third shift worker had the beer and smokes before going to work?

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    If you were to have some construction work done on your property, lets say window replacement or a driveway replacement, would anyone be comfortable if they saw the workers down a 40 and/or smoke a joint on their lunch break? I'd be on the phone before they could get another ounce down their throat and tell the owner what's going on. I bet you those guys would be canned on the spot. News of that starts spreading that owner is losing jobs/money.
    When you're paying good money for a project you expect the workers to show up and act professional.
    You guys really need to stop making shit up because it is not funny anymore. Any asshole or a group of assholes who would have the balls to be smoking weed in front of a customer while on the job need to be fired, period but really who would be dumb enough to do such a stupid move. If I recall, the Chrysler guys were not on Chrysler property but a park doing their business.

As for drinking beer, well I recall when I worked for a defunct swimming pool company and we would visit the customers residence they would give us beer to drink. Stop trying to hijack beer as this deadly substance to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Gosh, I seem to remember big shot, corporate guys drinking and dining at private clubs at all times of the day and night. Morning and lunch time was just the start. Then there was the 19th Hole, the Card Room, Happy Hour, and dinner time. All signed and sealed to their respective companies. I think that means they were working at the time. Some even had private suites that were very well stocked. I'd like to see Faux News go into one of those clubs in pursuit of big shot corporate malingerers. They'd have to take a small army to run by security. Not very appealing, or economical, when you can catch a working stiff right there in the parking lot or at a corner bar.
    If one wants a job where one is expected to conduct business over dinner and drinks, go into sales or the corporate world in general, not heavy machinery operations. Simple as that. stop whining. Also stop worrying. every single one of these guys will have their jobs back in less than a year.

Default Dont watch Fox 2

I'm pretty sick of Fox news and the right wing aholes beating up on the regular joes.I will never watch Fox 2 again,they are the bottom feeders of news, as far as the fired workers one can only hope they drag the slezzy little reporter in a dark alley, I didnt see anything did you.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    You guys really need to stop making shit up because it is not funny anymore. Any asshole or a group of assholes who would have the balls to be smoking weed in front of a customer while on the job need to be fired, period but really who would be dumb enough to do such a stupid move. If I recall, the Chrysler guys were not on Chrysler property but a park doing their business.
    It's amazing how you get caught up in the minutia of a post.

Okay, try this. The guys who redid my driveway take their break and go up to a convienence store and buy 40's and sit in their truck and down the beer and smoke a joint. Me, I go up to the same store and buy a diet Coke, some Peanut M&M's and a bag of Fritos. Just as I walk to my car I say to myself, "Hey, the name on that truck is the same company that's doing my driveway." Then I see one of the people toss a 40 out of the window towards a garbage can, but he misses and it lands on the grass. As I walk over to them, they see me and then speed off.

The bottom line is, I don't want people working on my property being under the influence of alcohol and pot.
    I think Chrysler and car buying public have the right to expect the same. At least expect that Chrysler is doing everything they can to ensure that this is the goal.

For all you guys that defend the Chrysler lunch time drinkers behavior, thank you. You guys are true altruists. You do a great service to every other city in the country, and a few foreign countries too. .

DC48080 Guest

I'm on my lunch break from work right now and I am not on the company's property. I also am not consuming alcohol or illegal drugs. Why? Because it is WRONG to do so during the work day. Period.

It is wrong to drink or do drugs before work. It is wrong to drink or do drugs on a break from work. Period.

You people with the silly little conspiracy theories about some evil corporate bigwig from some news network pulling the strings to defame blue collar workers or President Barack Hussein Obama really need to take your tinfoil hats off and come back to reality.

The issue here is workers intentionally breaking the rules. Nothing more and nothing less. This isn't deep, this isn't rocket science.

What was the rule?

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    I'm on my lunch break from work right now and I am not on the company's property. I also am not consuming alcohol or illegal drugs. Why? Because it is WRONG to do so during the work day. Period.

It is wrong to drink or do drugs before work. It is wrong to drink or do drugs on a break from work. Period.

You people with the silly little conspiracy theories about some evil corporate bigwig from some news network pulling the strings to defame blue collar workers or President Barack Hussein Obama really need to take your tinfoil hats off and come back to reality.

The issue here is workers intentionally breaking the rules. Nothing more and nothing less. This isn't deep, this isn't rocket science.
    I'm sorry but you are a riot. "It is wrong to drink or do drugs on a break from work." Now I agree about the drugs because drugs is wrong but taking a page from my buddy MCP-001 alcohol is legal and your suggestion that people should not drink while on lunch is going to put a lot of adult entertainment clubs out of business. You should visit the Flight Club on Michigan in Inkster. I know that Ford white collar employees would go there for lunch and they weren't drinking water.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    You should visit the Flight Club on Michigan in Inkster. I know that Ford white collar employees would go there for lunch and they weren't drinking water.
    You really are funny. It is wrong to drink on lunch whether you are white collar or blue collar. Quit trying to say that one wrong justifies another.

And just because something is legal doesn't mean it is appropriate during working hours. Firearms are legal. Using them at work is not appropriate.

Do you honestly feel it is appropriate to drink and do drugs during a lunch break?

You really are funny. It is wrong to drink on lunch whether you are white collar or blue collar. Quit trying to say that one wrong justifies another.

And just because something is legal doesn't mean it is appropriate during working hours. Firearms are legal. Using them at work is not appropriate.

Do you honestly feel it is appropriate to drink and do drugs during a lunch break?
    When the facts are against you, argue the law.
    When the law is against you, argue the facts.

DC48080 Guest

And just what facts are agianst me?

I'm sorry but you attempting to make drinking alcohol on lunch a morality question is funny. For the record, I have drank beer on lunch but as a professional I know I have a time limit so I am not going to be guzzling beer after beer to get drunk. I suppose if people were coming back from lunch sleeping, falling out of their chair, making lewd statements then yes they should not drink but I like to deal on the level that there are some professionals out there that can conduct themselves when they are around alcohol. Perhaps you should treat this as: to each it's own

When the facts are against you, argue the law: "Do you honestly feel it is appropriate to drink and do drugs during a lunch break?"

When the law is against you, argue the facts: "White collar employees are able to routinely flout all the rules you're suddenly banging the table about. Regardless of the law, the fact is that they are able to get away with boozing through lunch without surveillance or censure."

So, naturally, you want to bang the table and argue the law. Only thing is, the law is a human institution. The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    And what about CEO's and all of their malfeasance? We just witnessed our entire economy go into the dumpster because of the criminal behavior of CEO's. How many of those were featured on the nightly news? What became of them? This is typical class warfare. These guys got a more severe punishent than Bush and his staff got for starting wars. Justice - there is none.
    I feel ya. The executives who ran these auto companies and Wall Street in the ground and led them into bankruptcy get a flier? Why isn't FOX2 News chasing them down? There is no justice. Where's the accountability for them? They get to retire with their "Golden Parachute" pensions after they screwed people, never to be heard from again. This country is gone to the _hitter.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    When the facts are against you, argue the law: "Do you honestly feel it is appropriate to drink and do drugs during a lunch break?"

When the law is against you, argue the facts: "White collar employees are able to routinely flout all the rules you're suddenly banging the table about. Regardless of the law, the fact is that they are able to get away with boozing through lunch without surveillance or censure."

So, naturally, you want to bang the table and argue the law. Only thing is, the law is a human institution. The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
    Your response is nonsense and indicates that your reading comprehension skills are rather poor.

Where did I argue the law? I asked if another poster thought it was appropriate to drink and do drugs while on a work break. But if you want to discuss the law, smoking pot is illegal. As much as a great number of members of this forum like to cry about it, it is indeed against the law.

Regarding the text of yours that I highlighted above in red: You put that text in quotation marks so as to indicate that I said it originally. I never said any such thing and I challenge you to find any instance in which I did.

What I said, and I will repeat it in the hopes that you can understand, so please read slowly, was "It is wrong to drink on lunch whether you are white collar or blue collar". See post # 86.

Most companies have policies in employee manuals that prohibit comsuming alcohol or illegal drugs during the work day. What is so hard to understand about drinking and doing drugs at lunch being wrong?

I think the only reason that they are against this is that they are under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

Your response is nonsense and indicates that your reading comprehension skills are rather poor.

Where did I argue the law? I asked if another poster thought it was appropriate to drink and do drugs while on a work break. But if you want to discuss the law, smoking pot is illegal. As much as a great number of members of this forum like to cry about it, it is indeed against the law.

Regarding the text of yours that I highlighted above in red: You put that text in quotation marks so as to indicate that I said it originally. I never said any such thing and I challenge you to find any instance in which I did.

What I said, and I will repeat it in the hopes that you can understand, so please read slowly, was "It is wrong to drink on lunch whether you are white collar or blue collar". See post # 86.

Most companies have policies in employee manuals that prohibit comsuming alcohol or illegal drugs during the work day. What is so hard to understand about drinking and doing drugs at lunch being wrong?

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    I think the only reason that they are against this is that they are under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
    I had not considered that idea. Good point.

Or maybe it was one or more of them that we saw on that TV report.

R&RBob wrote:
    >>Perhaps you should treat this as: to each it's own

Sure, we can treat it that way, unless your business has rules that say you cannot do it. Chrysler has rules that forbid it.
    To simply justify drinking while on the job because the other group does it, that is like justifying having sex with a woman, "He can do it, so can I", and ignoring the fact that he is not married but you are. I mean, there are certain little details you have to pay attention to. I guess you could call that the "Envy Argument", because I think that is all it is based on.
    If under the business rules of your business, the hourly works cannot drink but salaried employees can drink, then, if you want to drink while working, you will have to become a salaried employee, won't you? I guess that is a perk some salaried employees and business owners, they get to make the rules.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    This was discussed in depth last week on Dyes. Chrysler has terminated some of the employees caught drinking and smoking pot recently.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...eo_20100927_dk
    I certainly don't drink or smoke pot on my work breaks. Although, I don't do it in general, the effects last much longer than a typical break. Although, I wasn't even aware that you could drink pot until this story broke.

Ravine Guest

Once again, you are being nauseatingly condescending, and any part, of your remarks, that may have some worth is irredeemably de-valued by your obnoxious, insulting tone.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    I certainly don't drink or smoke pot on my work breaks. Although, I don't do it in general, the effects last much longer than a typical break. Although, I wasn't even aware that you could drink pot until this story broke.
    Indeed, someone might have just pissed in it [the pot part that is] as part of their drug test.
    Jeez...

littlebuddy Guest

When I worked at Fisherbody Fleetwood plant on Fort St. I worked on the 6th floor and used to laugh when lunch came and all these old guys would run like crazy to cross Fort St. to go to one of the bars and gulp down a few brews and maybe a dog or two. You never seen these same guys move with any motion like that while working. The bosses had to know, but nobody ever said or did anything about it. Do the workers at Chysler have such a mindset that no mater what they do wrong they will not lose their job? Don't they ever care that the company they work for almost went under? You would think people would buckle down and do the right thing, and if they needed a beer could they not wait until after work? I don't feel sorry for them if the get fired, but because the union is involved, they will just get their hand slapped.

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Once again, you are being nauseatingly condescending, and any part, of your remarks, that may have some worth is irredeemably de-valued by your obnoxious, insulting tone.
    Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast