Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1963 Corvette Stingray split rear-window coupe. #1A would be any 1963-67 Corvette ragtop.

Well, that was then. my updated dream car is a little more like this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO4cw565V98

regardless what I have, it's going to be a Ragtop

Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle St. View Post
    I wanted '68 Dodge Charger R/T.
    Probably the handsomest car Detroit, or anyone, ever built.

[img]http://www.theultimate-carcollection...ges/1_1574.jpg[/img]

Be still my heart.............

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    I think we've gone full circle to the cool bus of yesteryear thread now. Cause I saw a picture with a Futurliner in the background of this car!

This will get you to school on time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ2iNOmPI-0

Whitehouse....
    ....I got to DRIVE one of those things. Dad worked for Chrysler in the heater/a-c lab in Highland Park and brought one of them home one evening. Would have been late '64, and I drove it a grand total of about a mile. Memory says it drove like a Plymouth and sounded like a Hoover.

From Dad's standpoint, they were a pain. The problem was cooling the exaust gasses enough to be useful in heating [[through a heat exchanger) the cabin and defrosting the windshield. Alas, they only got about 18 mpg, generating all of about 140 hp.

One more, though. I'd take back my '69 Barracuda coupe [[black vinyl over silver) any day.

When I was in elementary school I wanted a 1957 Desoto similar to the one below, but in black and yellow instead.

For me the Jaguar XKE. Even old man Ferrari said it was one of the sexiest cars ever built. A second choice would be the Corvette Stingray. Too bad they don't make them as pretty any more.

The beautiful supercharged Cord was actually built in Auburn Indiana but that hardly means anything considering it is one of the coolest cars of its time.

My childhood dream car was a Lincoln Mark VII and I had the pleasure of owning a Wixom built 1991 Mark VII LSC SE, great car. Hot rod Lincoln had the Mustang engine and luxobarge appointments.

Teen dream car was a 87-93 Mustang 5.0 and when I was 25 and could "afford" to get a Mustang I bought what at he time was the best Mustang to date and still a fantastic automobile with 500 supercharged ponies on tap.

Rouge built.
    Love it, love it, love it.

I had Mopars......'65 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible & '71 Dodge Challenger, one with a 383 the other a 440.

But what I really wanted was a dark blue '66 Goat convertible with a black rag top.

Does the Batmobile count??

smogboy, assuming your handle refers to living in SoCal [[or even if it doesn't), you might want to check out the Peterson Automotive Museum at Wilshire & Fairfax [[in the former Orbach's store building) across the street from LACMA. The original Batmobile is there.

Quote Originally Posted by downtown_racine View Post
    The beautiful supercharged Cord was actually built in Auburn Indiana but that hardly means anything considering it is one of the coolest cars of its time.

My childhood dream car was a Lincoln Mark VII and I had the pleasure of owning a Wixom built 1991 Mark VII LSC SE, great car. Hot rod Lincoln had the Mustang engine and luxobarge appointments.

Teen dream car was a 87-93 Mustang 5.0 and when I was 25 and could "afford" to get a Mustang I bought what at he time was the best Mustang to date and still a fantastic automobile with 500 supercharged ponies on tap.

Rouge built.
    Love it, love it, love it.
    I thought this car was one of the least favorite of the pony cars. Especially the rear lights. They were on on top of each other instead of three side by site. I must say this Mustang was an improvement from the bulky mark II.

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    Does the Batmobile count??
    I expect you mean the 1960 series car? This was based on a prototype, the Lincoln Futura. Damn shame this never went into production. Everyone could have own it's own batmoblie. You one had to insert some gadgets and an afterburner.

The original Lincoln Futura concept car was transformer into the original Batmobile. An additional three copies of the batmobile were made by famed designer George Barris. In 1990 a limited ammount of Batmobile replicas was made. One of them was retrofitted into the original Futura. So this is the only existing Futura in the world rignt now, pictured above.\

Strange. No one mantioned the Kowalski Challenger.

Other impressive movie cars:
    Christine, 1957 Plymouth Fury
    Bullitt: 1968 Ford Mustang GT390 Fastback
    Blues Brothers: 1974 Dodge Monaco Police patroller.

And for the ladies: 1948 Ford De Luxe.
    Which movie?\

What might be a surprise to you is that the AMC pacer can be seen over here in the Netherlands pretty often. I guess it has a cult following.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; September-23-10 at 01:45 PM.

Whitehouse, this is a fun thread.

Do you yourself have a favorite or favorites?

1. 1970 Dodge Challenger - Plum Crazy
    2. 1959 Cadillac Seville - Black
    3. 1959 Nash Metropolitan - Turquoise/White

All classics for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    I thought this car was one of the least favorite of the pony cars. Especially the rear lights. They were on on top of each other instead of three side by site.
    Wuh???

Christine was a '58.

1. Knight Rider [[1984? Trans Am)

2. Anything else with four wheels and a motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Wuh???
    I stand corrected. That was an edition later. This is 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    Christine was a '58.
    Could you tell the difference? This is a scene from the opening of the movie.

I wiki'd the car and maybe you're right.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; September-23-10 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huggybear View Post
    1. Knight Rider [[1984? Trans Am)

2. Anything else with four wheels and a motor.
    I am sure a fan of 2 and I guess I guess I was guilty of loving Knight Rider the show as a young boy in the early 80's.
    My uncle even a Firebird/Trans Am alot like it, later when I knew something about engine I found out his was equipped with a weezy 4 banger.

Meh on the tail lights on the 94-95 Mustangs. I got an 03 Cobra and while most pony car folks will never mistake my Cobra for a 94 or a base car it doesnt matter much seeing as how I bought it for its insanely potent and easily modified for serious power drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    Whitehouse, this is a fun thread.

Do you yourself have a favorite or favorites?
    The opening of this thread....

And I would upload pictures BUT TINYPIC JUST SUDDENLY CHAINGED THEIR MODE OF OPERATIONS!

I can't post pics no more from here. Maybe the from the US you can still do but they urge me to ise photobucket. I need to register for that.

F@#k photobucket. I have an Alternative.

Anyway,
    Back on topic. In case I want to contribute myself to global warming I would choose one of the ultimate ganger [[or gangsta) mobiles; the Lincoln Continental from the 70's. It's a bit fuzzy, sorry.

Maybe you can shine some light on this one. It's a Caddy no doubt, but I think it never left the factory like this. The front end look familiar..... [[As you can see, there's always a bike around. )

...the back end is a totally different stoy!

Is this some after market remodelling or did someone smuggle a concept car to the Netherlands???
    Last edited by Whitehouse; September-23-10 at 09:06 PM.

That is a funky looking Caddy and I'm not sure its funky in a good way but it is very clean, well taken care of and nice paint. I bet it can burn some dead dinosaur gas too.
    Nice choice on the 72-79 mark IV's & V's.
    Since pics are a fun thing to post I guess I'll post my old and beloved Mark VII.
    Bulky ? IMO the car was smooth as glass loved that air ride and powerful with its 5 liter V8.

Also love all the Boss and Mach Mustangs, 67 is my favorite year of Chevelles, also liked the Boat Tail Rivi's and various Road Runner Superbirds and GTX's.
    Lest us not forget about the Shoebox Chevies, true classics.

Ah Detroit American excess at its best and worst.

1957 Chevrolet, unless one of those Jetson cars became available...

1987 Buick Grand National! Stock preferred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast