Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdoc View Post
    Does anybody know what house they filmed in for the latest episode "Stone Cold?"
    Don't know if this is the right episode, but the crew was filming by my school in the University District on February 7th or 8th. They were filming on Muirland Street.

Reminder that the last two Detroit 1-8-7 episodes air this week!!

Tuesday, March 15, 10pm

Season finale, Sunday, March 20, 10pm

Mark your calendar to watch them both!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Reminder that the last two Detroit 1-8-7 episodes air this week!!

Tuesday, March 15, 10pm

Season finale, Sunday, March 20, 10pm

Mark your calendar to watch them both!!!
    Yes, and tell your friends!

I will be at the Mark Dion lecture at CCS, it starts at 7, but will rush home after it is over to see DETROIT 187! My friend Council Cargil may be on this episode, and I will also be on the lookout for some of my artwork....specifically some some small colorful abstract paintings of Eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by LEOQUEEN View Post
    I will also be on the lookout for some of my artwork....specifically some some small colorful abstract paintings of Eyes!
    Will keep my eyes peeled for your Eyes!!! Let us know if any of your work made it into a scene.

Unbelievably good TV. I hate tv. It's all such consumer, crime, sex empty unattainable crap.

But this has gotten so real, authentic and dramatic. And Detroit needs the PR bad. Even the painful truth is cathartic in our case. The whole world forgot about us for 40 years. They only started to look at us again in December 2008 when the Big 3 execs took their jets to Washington. That started a necessary PR process for us.

It will be a waste if they cancel this show. I will send a hard copy letter to ABC in New YORK or LA

ABC is notorious for jerking around the schedules of new shows and not giving them a fair chance to succeed before churning out new ones. The major-nets are all bad, but ABC has a particularly crack-headed approach to scripted shows since Disney moved in.

BTW: No industry uses such an antiquated method of market analysis as television. It's still done the way it was done in the 70s....inaccurately. Ratings don't take into account DVR recordings, either, which would probably make a difference.

I'd really like to see this show get picked up for next season but I don't think its going to happen.

The story line just keeps getting better and better , and I hope they give the show another season . I read a nice story in the Detroit News yesterday .... here The kid playing Fitch's son is actually his son
    Vadim Imperioli , he did a nice job !

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    The story line just keeps getting better and better , and I hope they give the show another season . I read a nice story in the Detroit News yesterday .... here The kid playing Fitch's son is actually his son
    Vadim Imperioli , he did a nice job !
    i wondered if it was his son. looks just like him

Another great episode. Anyone else notice the graffiti in the lockup when Fitch was talking to his son? One of the things scribbled on the wall said "kwame lies". That was priceless!

Screw ABC! There's nothing else on that network that is worth half a lick. How "Dancing With the Stars" has the ratings it does is beyond me. I actually hope that a network like AMC or FX picks up 1-8-7, because they would give it far more of an opportunity to succeed than ABC! This show has consistently gotten better and deserves another season and a better time slot.

I saw the "Kwame Lies" on the cell wall. Laughed my ass off. Great episode.

I loved the shout out to Avalon bakery. I like the local flavor, but even if the show was set in Cleveland, I would enjoy it. I've enjoyed the storylines and character development. The show is also not afraid to take chances, as killing off Stone, a fan favorite, was a risky move.

I thought Stone was one of the weaker characters and was not surprised they offed him. The lady DA getting killed was more shocking to me as I could have seen the show's writers doing a lot more with her. I liked the anamosity between her character and Fitch. Is it just me or was the original intent of the show supposed to be that it was a reality film crew following along as this homicide unit went about thier business? I can see how that premise would not have allowed for much character development.

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    I thought Stone was one of the weaker characters and was not surprised they offed him. The lady DA getting killed was more shocking to me as I could have seen the show's writers doing a lot more with her. I liked the anamosity between her character and Fitch. Is it just me or was the original intent of the show supposed to be that it was a reality film crew following along as this homicide unit went about thier business? I can see how that premise would not have allowed for much character development.
    It was supposed to be documentary style but they decided to scrap that after the little girl was killed during the raid last year. That's partly why the first few episodes differed so much in style from the more recent episodes. I personally think that scrapping the documentary style format was a good move, albeit under unfortunate circumstances.

There is no doubt that the writing in last nights episode was some of the finest in the series. Especially the discourse of Fitch's ex-wife outside of the police station. Also noteworthy was the scene with Fitch and Detective Sanchez after she returned to work. Every viewer in the country knew where she was going while Fitch slyly declined to follow up on her invitation. It must be great TV when it makes you want to yell at your screen.

The suits at ABC should be required to actually view some of their dramas, instead of making decisions based on columns of numbers on a spreadsheet.

The real shame is they are working up to the mobster harming Fitch or his son. As usual it will be a cliff hanger episode to make you wonder how it turns out. Problem is will we ever get to find out due to ABC and their ignorance?

Last nights episode was SO GOOD. I knew that kid had to be related to Imperioli, he looks and acts just WAY too much like him. I really hope they pick up the show, it is something I look forward to every week.

Yep, most likely a huge cliff hanger with no idea what happens. Sad too, because the show really has a lot of potential. Lets hope Michael Imperioli still has some pull with HBO from his Soprano days, lol.

Only complaint was that they went to American Coney Blah!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman0077 View Post
    Only complaint was that they went to American Coney Blah!
    I thought that too! But as hubby noted...American is the original of the two, and it is more open and so worked better for shooting the scene.

ABC not saying anything up to this point has me worried now. A friend of mine in the business told me ABC liked the show. Things looked good. Now I don't know. The scripts, acting, directing are first rate. Hope cable picks it up if ABC bails.

A USA Today [[rather positive) review of the show. I hope it's not too little too late.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...oit18_ST_N.htm

I heard some good reviews lately also. Maybe it can be saved. I agree with everyone else, its gotten better an better. I wast so hot for it when it first started but have really liked it more and more as the season went on.

I noticed watching the show from March 8th they were behind the Grand Trunk building where they found the dead graffiti artist. They also seem to have a thing for art galleries. I believe early on I noticed a painting or two from William Hafer. Jerome Ferretti was supposed to be in one episode but havent seen his work in a show yet. I havent seen all of them yet though.
    LEOQUEEN, did you see your work? I hope so.

Nice shout out to Avalon too.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast