Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    True. The only scripted TV cop show I ever saw that showed the real obstacles in time and resources that City homicide detectives have to deal with was The Wire.

The pace of solving homicides on Detroit 187 is similar to the pace in Homicide: Life on the Street and NYPD Blue. I don't think that is a drawback to the quality of the show. I remain a fan and I'm telling all my friends nationwide to watch it.
    The thing that made The Wire unique was that it was telling an overall story rather than an episode about some cops trying to solve a case. The city was always the story.

Weren't people crying on here before the show started about this show not giving the city a bad name? I mean if you wanted this show more about the city the city would have gotten a bad name with a splash of hope if the writers would have covered some of the recovery stories. Either scrape the surface or dig a hole....it's network TV. The writers are playing it safe just by using some surface material of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    The thing that made The Wire unique was that it was telling an overall story rather than an episode about some cops trying to solve a case. The city was always the story.
    Agreed. That show could have just been called "Baltimore, Maryland" and that title would have been appropriate.

I thought the episide about the riots was "Detroit-like". What more could you want? Have a cameo of yourself?

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    Agreed. That show could have just been called "Baltimore, Maryland" and that title would have been appropriate.
    "Appropriate" titling does not a hit show make. Plus, the title "Baltimore, Maryland" is so ambiguous compared to the title "The Wire". Because at least one could begin to make logical leaps toward the broad perspective of the show: law enforcement.

I just watched The Wire this summer. Any similar will pale in comparison.

And for the record, I don't think the show itself [[Detroit 1-8-7) is "bad" for the city. I do not like the TITLE of this show. I think the constant reminder of murderous code "1-8-7" [[regardless of where that code comes from) is not helpful to rebuilding the city's image.

QUESTION????? WHy was there a rerun on Tuesday? Is the season over? Are they gonna make more episodes? Anyone?

aren't most shows in rerun mode until after the first of the year?

TV shows are often rerun in between the sweeps months [[November, February and May).

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    QUESTION????? WHy was there a rerun on Tuesday? Is the season over? Are they gonna make more episodes? Anyone?
    Pretty much all of the prime time shows are on their holiday break now.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    WORD! The Wire def had a bigger perspective which made all the difference. D187 seems to have two murder cases every show which is so damn predictable. While D187 may mention street names and have all the local scenery its very shallow as far as whats really happening. Im sure D187 doesnt have the budget HBO does and obviously not the writers but damn, wish they would have a little more balls, tackle something real for cripes sake, go take David Simon to lunch and get some clues. I got to admit the only reason I really watch the show is to see what part of Detroit is going to be on TV.

Give us an Omar.
    Last edited by Django; December-18-10 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    WORD! The Wire def had a bigger perspective which made all the difference. D187 seems to have two murder cases every show which is so damn predictable. While D187 may mention street names and have all the local scenery its very shallow as far as whats really happening. Im sure D187 doesnt have the budget HBO does and obviously not the writers but damn, wish they would have a little more balls, tackle something real for cripes sake, go take David Simon to lunch and get some clues. I got to admit the only reason I really watch the show is to see what part of Detroit is going to be on TV.

Give us an Omar.
    And the 12 year old kid that killed him

I have heard from a friend that knows some insiders that ABC likes the show and is heading toward renewing 187 for another season. Only thing that would hold it back is if they find another show and need the time slot. Being that they have not cancelled it yet is a good sign. If they were going to dump the show, they would have said by now.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    I have heard from a friend that knows some insiders that ABC likes the show and is heading toward renewing 187 for another season. Only thing that would hold it back is if they find another show and need the time slot. Being that they have not cancelled it yet is a good sign. If they were going to dump the show, they would have said by now.
    Yay!!!
    Now, if I could only be in a place where Fitch/Imperioli is hanging out. I would be a fool.

I really hope that's the case, Fanniemae. This has been one of my favorite shows this year, and not just because of the Detroit references, though I probably never would have started watching it if it didn't take place here.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    If they were going to dump the show, they would have said by now.

There was an article in the Freep a few weeks ago that stated that they [[ABC) doesn't announce which shows are coming back until sometime in the spring [[May I believe) when they bring out their new fall lineup. The most discouraging sign for this shows survival has to be that it wasn't given it's full allotment of episodes.
    Last edited by rjk; December-28-10 at 07:10 AM.

I just cant wait till the 4th season of Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post

There was an article in the Freep a few weeks ago that stated that they [[ABC) doesn't announce which shows are coming back until sometime in the spring [[May I believe) when they bring out their new fall lineup. The most discouraging sign for this shows survival has to be that it wasn't given it's full allotment of episodes.
    I still think they are brining it back. They ordered more eppy's after the first run, even though it was only a few. They are hoping it takes. Some of the former NYPD Blue staff are on board and they want to keep them .

I hope the show will go another season. I want to see Impereoli's character develope a romance with the hispanic cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I just cant wait till the 4th season of Breaking Bad.
    Second that

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I hope the show will go another season. I want to see Impereoli's character develope a romance with the hispanic cop.
    If they want to keep Imperoli and MacDaniel they need to keep them on contract which means re newing the show soon. That way they don't lose them. My source is pretty good and they say the show will make it.

Since I work afternoons for the most part I miss the show. I did work days for a month in the fall and did catch a few episodes which I liked.I hope it does get renewed.As I like seeing sights that I am familiar with on a national show.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    Second that
    Third. Best show on TV.

check out the description of tomorrow night's episode:
    “Ice Man/Malibu” Episode 11 – The squad “goes Hollywood,” investigating the high profile homicide of a movie star who had been filming in Detroit. Actress Kristin Keller was many things to many people — a meal ticket to some, a lover to others. But Fitch, Washington and Mason have to unmask her secret life, the life unknown to her fans, to find the murderer. Meanwhile, the strange case of a young homeless man found upside down encased in ice in a shantytown confounds Longford, Mahajan, Stone and Sanchez. The detectives discover that the transient had another totally different life before his descent into hell, as they piece together the puzzling clues in his chilling demise.

Wowza. Is Detroit 187 doing a bumsicle episode? I wonder if they'll name the character Johnnie.

......*crickets*......

seriously? am i the only one who thinks the bumsicle episode is interesting?

Waitaminute, waitaminute, wouldja give a guy a chance to google?!

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast