Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

FoxyScholar10- the library scene where the brunette collapsed looked like the UGL [[undergrad library) at Wayne State.

izzyindetroit wrote:
    >> kinda find it odd that there are no fatties on this show.

Ha ha, well I guess that was fixed on this show with the fat pusher selling No Doz who thinks he is street sazy. I really enjoyed this episode. I thought the scenes with the No Doz pusher were really funny. I really liked the underground railroad for kids abused by the adoption system concept. [[that was a mouthful). I thought that last twist where Fitch had to say "No" to the Latino's beer offer, where he goes off to do something noble [[and it would have been very noble to her she she had a troubled adoption when she was a child). I really enjoyed this episode.

...LOL at the 'becky' reference.. heh.. i'm sure there are some 'sisters' out there with the name, though..

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodeme View Post
    Ratings went up one tenth to a 2.0 [[around 8.5 million viewers), but apparently Dancing with the Stars ran over its time so D-187 will probably be adjusted down slightly. Still, the website TV by the Numbers believes it's certain to be canceled.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/26/abc-is-no-ordinary-family-this-seasons-v/69491

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why the link goes down to one of the user comments. Just scroll up a bit to see D-187 listed with a sad face.
    CBS owns Tuesday night. If I wasn't watching Detroit 1-8-7, I would be watching the Good Wife. The problem that Detroit is going to have is when DWTS ends its season. V is scheduled to return in November and the question would be: do they move it back to the 10PM time they had last year and let Detroit follow NOF or have V come on at 9PM and keep 187 at 10. My opinion: it is going to be rough because of CBS. Both NCIS are averaging 16M plus

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyScholar10 View Post
    Which college campus involved the storyline with the college girls?
    It was recorded at UM-Dearborn.

There are no trees or grass on the WSU main campus.

I watch the show for the Detroit vibe,whatever that is.One thing I notice is when they show the streets ,whether its car chases or just driving around,is the lack of crowds/people.Downtown needs to have foot traffic,or they need to film where the people are.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    It was recorded at UM-Dearborn.
    Ok... this sounds right because I saw the banners on the lightpoles and the banners looked blue and yellow.

Plus I think I was going to Wayne State [[grad school) when the UGL was built and I don't remember it looking like that.... But just wanted to be sure.

Thx.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    I watch the show for the Detroit vibe,whatever that is.One thing I notice is when they show the streets ,whether its car chases or just driving around,is the lack of crowds/people.Downtown needs to have foot traffic,or they need to film where the people are.
    That's not how it works. They need to be able to control their shots so random people walking through doesn't work. The 'crowds' you'll see are extras.

How are the ratings for 1-8-7? It's doesn't seem to be catching with me. Having lived in Cal for some years after being in Detroit for fifty years, a number of the street scenes look like northern Cal. Is some of 1-8-7 shot in Vancouver, Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    How are the ratings for 1-8-7? It's doesn't seem to be catching with me. Having lived in Cal for some years after being in Detroit for fifty years, a number of the street scenes look like northern Cal. Is some of 1-8-7 shot in Vancouver, Canada?
    The pilot episode was filmed mostly in Atlanta. All episodes after the pilot were filmed in Detroit.

The ratings have been good, but not great. It regularly finishes second in it's time slot to The Good Wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Anyone else interpret the last scene to mean the couple took the foster girl to live in Canada, since the Ambassador was shown prominently in the background? I pointed that out to the Mrs. and she felt that wasn't the case, since only people from Detroit would have known where the bridge lead.
    The scene prior to the meeting with the couple shows Fitch driving through what appears to be a tiled tunnel. I immediately took it to be the Detroit Windsor Tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingellgirl View Post
    The scene prior to the meeting with the couple shows Fitch driving through what appears to be a tiled tunnel. I immediately took it to be the Detroit Windsor Tunnel.
    I thought he was driving under Cobo... but I can see your point. Maybe that part was ultimately edited out of the final version. But other than a few perceptive people who are familiar with Detroit's geography, absolutely no one else would be able to deduce that they were fleeing to Canada.

Yeah, the fat pusher was hilarious.
    According to IMDB the actors name is Fatso-Fasano.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I thought he was driving under Cobo... but I can see your point. Maybe that part was ultimately edited out of the final version. But other than a few perceptive people who are familiar with Detroit's geography, absolutely no one else would be able to deduce that they were fleeing to Canada.
    That's definitely the Lodge. I also thought they heading to Canada.

The Canada thing, call it a subtle reference.

lilpup Guest

don't know that they'd allow filming in the tunnel - homeland security and all that...

Canada reference for escape...kind of Underground Railroadish, which I like
    Last edited by lilpup; October-29-10 at 06:05 PM.

Last night, the show was really good IMO. It had a more honest take on the city. Camera work was better too. They finally used the word " pop" for soft drink. A guy I know a little, he is an extra on the show. He got called back for more background shots. This will be his third appearance. He is a layed off car saleman so the moeny don't hurt. We have not discussed what he makes. He has no speaking parts, so he does not have to join the actors guild. That costs some bucks to join.

I only watched a little bit of the first episode switching back and forth with Sons Of Anarchy. I prefer SOA which runs at the same time as 187.

Im glad to hear 187 is getting better, Ill give it another shot.

Have they had any scenes on Chene X 94 area yet? If so what episode.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    They finally used the word " pop" for soft drink. .
    i think it was even the same character that said "soda"

I like how they underlined the scene where the guy says "Can you get me a pop?" Haha. A hilarious little wink-wink pause and the scene ends. Loved it. Feels like the writers are perhaps reading along in this humble forum????

lilpup Guest

Strong comment toward the end of the show last night about how planting gardens, etc. is all well and good, but doesn't mean squat if people don't do what's right to put away the bad guys 'cuz they'll just come back and destroy all the good that's attempted.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Strong comment toward the end of the show last night about how planting gardens, etc. is all well and good, but doesn't mean squat if people don't do what's right to put away the bad guys 'cuz they'll just come back and destroy all the good that's attempted.
    I caught that too. I liked how they placed the attempts to returns parts of Detroit to green space and at the same time pointed out that if Detroit don't raise a hand to stop the vermin then all the good work will go to shit. That was a strong message towards the citizens of Detroit.

"We have not discussed what he makes..."

When I was an extra in the Semi Pro movie I got paid 8 bux an hour plus they fed me.

I am really starting to like this show. Not sure if I would tune in every week if it were set anyplace but Detroit, the cases are too simple and easy to solve so the show gets wrapped up nice and neat in one hour. It's good brain junk food.

I liked it ,and I believe it is getting better and better.

Like mentioned above, strong message about the gardens, and a very fitting Eminem song at the end to go with this episode.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast