NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit 1-8-7

Today's Macomb Daily states 187 will be filming in Clinton Twp

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2010...4940254781.txt

kinda find it odd that nissan and mazda advertise heavily on this show

Quote Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
    kinda find it odd that nissan and mazda advertise heavily on this show
    I kinda find it odd that there are no fatties on this show.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by izzyindetroit View Post
    I kinda find it odd that there are no fatties on this show.
    A few pop up from time to time. Wish I could find the Detroiters/"We are not expendable" speech online.

Quote Originally Posted by lafontaine View Post
    Today's Macomb Daily states 187 will be filming in Clinton Twp

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2010...4940254781.txt
    I know the area. My ex boss lives in Emerald Pointe sub. Homes there are very nice, 200-325,000 range. Dunham is near the Macomb County jail, otherwise known as the Hackel Hotel. Rose street winds around towards Romeo Plank or Grosbeck I think. Kind of rural back there in some parts.

lilpup Guest

would have a tough time convincing me "ass bag" isn't derived from "asshat"

Ratings this week rose a bit, which is very good news. I'm thinking it'll get an order for the back nine, which means a full first season [[22 episodes, right now they have orders for 12+pilot). Here's hoping anyway!

It wasn't that bad. I am enjoying the way they're pounding some stakes for future episodes. There's always one groaner, though, in each episode. For me, last night, it was "Warren Avenue? Which Warren Avenue?"

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Watching now on Hulu. Scene that begins at around 31:10: that fire truck got there FAST! For a baby fire like that? LOL! Couldn't resist.

ABC has ordered 5 more episodes, 18 total for the season. Great news !

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    ABC has ordered 5 more episodes, 18 total for the season. Great news !
    I'm glad for 18, but.. why not 22? Hopefully sweeps in November, February and May can pull off some better numbers..
    I hope that the show can eventually have some celebrity-actor guests like the Law & Order shows do...

That was one of the best police chases EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    That was one of the best police chases EVER.
    "I used to run track" LOL

Ravine Guest

It's fun to watch, in a Detroitocentric way, but the dialogue is absolutely atrocious [[seems like it was written by a eighth-grader; I don't think real cops say things like, "...she might reveal the identity of...") and while a couple of the characters are, *ahem*, almost likable or at least somewhat sympathetic, a couple of them [[the Latina, worst of all) are cardboard cut-outs.
    And the token attempts to have the cops oh-so-willingly reveal how the incidents they are covering relate to their own experience were worn out by the middle of Episode II.
    Also, the attempt at presenting two cases, and switching back & forth between them, is not such a bad idea, and it seems as though it could be made to work, but it isn't working. Always, there is a case in which I find myself to be somewhat interested, with the other one being the "oh yeah, this one, too" case. Worse, they start switching to & fro before either case is solidly established, which tends to create a blur between the two and makes it easy to get them mixed up.
    The show has some upside, but much more downside.

lilpup Guest

Wow, psycho Barbie hurled ethnic insults at the faux-Armani wearing detective that I've never heard before. I'm sure it happens but I've never encountered someone here spewing at a person of Eastern Indian descent.

Ravine Guest

Lilpup, I thought about that, too.
    First, let's acknowledge that we are allowing ourselves to be kind of anal-retentive about the issue of whether or not the show is scripted in a way that is "true to Detroit."
    Hey. We live here. We are "here." We get dissed all of the time. If we choose to be whiny little you-know-whiches about that particular issue, then that's what we're gonna do, and if anybody thinks that we're being overly-critical or unfair, I think most of us can agree: that's too goddam bad. If the network wants to play off of Detroit's rep for mayhem & murder, then I say they are honor-bound to get the little stuff correct, too.
    In other words, if you want to show a bridge on which the shell-casings outnumber the cigarette butts and imply that such a thing is just plain typical of Detroit, then I don't want to even think I heard the term, "soda."
    In any casing, about the insult, I was wondering if maybe in the 'burbs wherein there are a few more Indian folks, possibly that slur-- "bindi," was it?-- is heard with some regularity. As a Detroiter, I am more attuned to the various slurs directed at Arab-Americans, the slurs with which so many black Detroiters go a long way toward proving that they're really just as hatefully racist as is 90% of Homo Sapiens, so maybe everybody should either break off into little clannish groups, sub-groups, and sub-sub-groups of folks just like themselves, or-- better made, oops, strike that, I meant "better yet"-- just resolve to stop "playing the race card" and 'fess up to the fact that we are all in this together, and that maybe we really should judge individuals not by the color of their skin [[skins... Better Made makes those, too, tha-thump!!) but by the condiments on their Coneys.
    Ah, sorry. I started somewhere, ended up somewhere else, and I'm not even sure how I got there.
    Guess I should stay off of Outer Drive. This shit always happens.
    Last edited by Ravine; October-27-10 at 01:28 AM.

187 is new territory in TVland. They may not get it 100% right every week, but it is something. A start. I don't recall a mainstream show about Detroit going national before. Not off the top of my head 8am in the morning anyway. Whether this show ever catches up to half the quality of NYPD Blue is the tell. IMO it is a good show. Not great, but good . Can it get good enough to last more than one season ? A big maybe there. Show last night had some twists and turns that kept my interest. They are trying to develop the characters. We need more Fitch. He is the Andy Sipowicz of the show. Sorry to compare, but I watched NYPD Blue for Andy and Bobby.

I vote less Fitch. He just is too awkward in a "Hey, I'm awkwark. Cool, huh? Look... I'm awkward! I'm always right too!" way. The best cops on the show are the Indian & the older guy. They work best though as a secondary team.

As for the psych-barbie and her going off on the Indian detective and how real that might be, as a character she was highly intelligent and seemed to have a knack for pushing buttons. She pushed his.

Anyone else interpret the last scene to mean the couple took the foster girl to live in Canada, since the Ambassador was shown prominently in the background? I pointed that out to the Mrs. and she felt that wasn't the case, since only people from Detroit would have known where the bridge lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Anyone else interpret the last scene to mean the couple took the foster girl to live in Canada, since the Ambassador was shown prominently in the background? I pointed that out to the Mrs. and she felt that wasn't the case, since only people from Detroit would have known where the bridge lead.
    I agree with the Mrs.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Just watched the episode on Hulu. I thought that couple who took the foster girl lived in Bloomfield Hills....

The police "chase" aka "jog" was HILARIOUS!

Which college campus involved the storyline with the college girls?

The lieutenant's wardrobe is a bit unrealistic for working in Detroit. It looks like the same suit every episode. She needs some pantsuits, at least. She wouldn't keep wearing those short skits as the weather gets colder. [[I know they filmed these initial episodes during the warmer months).

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyScholar10 View Post
    Just watched the episode on Hulu. I thought that couple who took the foster girl lived in Bloomfield Hills....

The police "chase" aka "jog" was HILARIOUS!

The lieutenant's wardrobe is a bit unrealistic for working in Detroit. It looks like the same suit every episode. She needs some pantsuits, at least. She wouldn't keep wearing those short skits as the weather gets colder. [[I know they filmed these initial episodes during the warmer months).
    If you watch the scene where the lieutenant, Fitch, and the other cops are meeting with the ass't prosecuter in the lieu's office, the prosecutor says they went to the W. Bloomfield home to take the boy with kidney problems and they had packed up and left. She asks Fitch if he tipped them and he says not everyone was as brave as the woman who was killed trying to rescue the abused foster children

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If you watch the scene where the lieutenant, Fitch, and the other cops are meeting with the ass't prosecuter in the lieu's office, the prosecutor says they went to the W. Bloomfield home to take the boy with kidney problems and they had packed up and left. She asks Fitch if he tipped them and he says not everyone was as brave as the woman who was killed trying to rescue the abused foster children
    Ahhh... ok.... I must have missed that part.... Thanks.

Ratings went up one tenth to a 2.0 [[around 8.5 million viewers), but apparently Dancing with the Stars ran over its time so D-187 will probably be adjusted down slightly. Still, the website TV by the Numbers believes it's certain to be canceled.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/26/abc-is-no-ordinary-family-this-seasons-v/69491

Edit: Sorry, I don't know why the link goes down to one of the user comments. Just scroll up a bit to see D-187 listed with a sad face.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyScholar10 View Post
    It was another fake college, but it looked like that scene was filmed at Wayne State. Not sure tho...

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast