Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

---but all April Fool's festivities aside, folks. I have thought about a phone app for the blind that acts as an echo-locator for "friends". It's based on remedying the scenario where one blind person may be going down the opposite side of a street where another fellow blind person maybe walking in the opposite direction, and where of course, they can't "spot" each other in passing. Those who subscribe to the app, can work the perimeters that determine who your "local friends" are. When in open vicinity [[given it won't create the confusion of height difference on a 3-dimensional scale-such as when both are in the same building but on different floors. A bug to work out, yet, than again, a simple call can confirm location and arrange a rendezvous from there.), an alert is given to both phones indicating that their "friend' is in the nearby area.

There's a lot af bugs and unforeseen dilemmas that can occur with this. So, it's just something I've thought about....

That sounds interesting G-DDT. This might be a bit off topic, like, why did they invent it. When I go to the drive through ATM at my bank, there's a brail keypad next to the regular keypad. I've wondered on occasion who would use a brail keypad at an ATM that's built only for drive through.
    Maybe I'm missing something or it's a regulation of some sort, but I'm curious as to its placement. I don't mean to be disrespectful if I'm overlooking something here, just curious.

Maybe there is a braille keyboard there just in case a blind person manages to walk up to the ATM. I have walked up to the drive through ATMs a time or two myself.

Or maybe it's so a blind person could keep their PIN secret from a sighted person who drove them there.

It seems redundant to have two keypads though. Maybe they should just put braille on all keypads and be done with it.

Wow.... some interesting ideas [[and explanations)... the best I could ever come up with was creating and selling Hasidic Jew Bobble-Heads at a concession at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem...

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    That sounds interesting G-DDT. This might be a bit off topic, like, why did they invent it. When I go to the drive through ATM at my bank, there's a brail keypad next to the regular keypad. I've wondered on occasion who would use a brail keypad at an ATM that's built only for drive through.
    Maybe I'm missing something or it's a regulation of some sort, but I'm curious as to its placement. I don't mean to be disrespectful if I'm overlooking something here, just curious.
    I've wondered that myself, a local Big Boy had a sign on the table saying if you are blind ask for a menu in Braille.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I've wondered that myself, a local Big Boy had a sign on the table saying if you are blind ask for a menu in Braille.
    And I assume the sign was not written in Braille. Now that's funny.

A couple of kinetic sculptures [[at least three of them-one can be a wind sculpture-sort of like the "thingy" at Porter Square in Cambridge, MA-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAd500QwfU-right on the riverfront for us to see whipping about.) in Detroit would be nice.

a pole that hooks your ceiling and holds your tablet in place so you can work, read, watch while laying down without holding it :-)

Shallow tubs for Mayo or Miracle Whip. Why do I have to stick a 10" knife in a 10" jar to get what I paid for?
    You've been there before, Mayo knuckles !
    Two tubs when needed. 2" deep.
    Case closed, Beeatch whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Shallow tubs for Mayo or Miracle Whip....
    Or maybe a large squeezable container?

I love how they print ketchup labels upside down now because the applicator end is also the base. No more ♫anticipation♫ though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

I love how they print ketchup labels upside down now because the applicator end is also the base. No more ♫anticipation♫ though.
    They're giving you something to read as it slllooowwly makes it's way down. Would be more amusing if it were all written by Dr. Bronner.

How about fireworks with subliminal messages worked into the explosions? They can say things like [[pow!) "Hungry?"-[[Pow! Pow!) "Lafayette Coney Island!" or things like [[pow!) "Sanders 2016".

For quite a long time I've always wanted to see books about:

1.) a collection of mug shots through the ages and comparisons with the real culprit. It would be interesting to see just how off the artist was or dead on. Also, it would be an interesting commentary to see how much of racial bias there was.

2.) a tabulated index of false alarms and false arrests [[plane groundings, etc.-and there are a lot of them-much more so than any possible threat) since 9/11. This recent event would definitely be added. http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/03/us/ohi...e-isis-report/ I think the clerk must've misheard his request for a hotel with "ice".....
    "
    3.) a large book about the "Hollywood That Wasn't". This would be about every scrapped idea [[an octopus was mentioned in "Goonies", but we never got to see it in the final product-boo hoo), deleted scenes from every movie [[May include DVD), casting decisions not followed through [[ie. Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones), scrapped titles [["Beetlejuice" was almost called "Scared Sheetless"), characters removed [[Peeves from Harry Potter), not to mention all the various rewrites [["Ghostbusters" had at least four versions since Aykroyd thought it up-one included having Paul Reubens as the Gozer spirit). This would be a very huge undertaking which shows that maybe in an alternate existence, all would've been very different.

Somebody Needs to Invent ...

A Donald Trump coloring book. Seriously. They'd fly off the shelves!

For quite a long time I've always wanted to see books about:

1.) a collection of mug shots through the ages and comparisons with the real culprit. It would be interesting to see just how off the artist was or dead on. Also, it would be an interesting commentary to see how much of racial bias there was.
    I just saw a documentary on CICA TV the other day about mugshots, and in Canada, they are not allowed out for public viewing until 100 years after the crime has passed !

That seems a bit extreme to me. Even for Canada.
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-23-16 at 07:34 AM.

There were a few coloring books for president Obama!

https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...ih=656#imgrc=_

Somebody Needs to Invent ...

A Donald Trump coloring book. Seriously. They'd fly off the shelves!

My wireless mouse has a plastic power switch so you can turn it off when not in use to conserve battery power. Over the years that plastic switch has worn down to the point where it's no longer usable as designed.

A more durable/intuitive design would have been a mercury [[or some nontoxic equivalent) switch that would turn the power off when you turn the mouse upside down.

Heh. You'd know your mouse is dead when it's belly-up.

Time to hack. Now where'd my soldering iron go?
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-01-16 at 08:49 AM.

My wireless mouse has a plastic power switch so you can turn it off when not in use to conserve battery power. Over the years that plastic switch has worn down to the point where it's no longer usable as designed.

A more durable/intuitive design would have been a mercury [[or some nontoxic equivalent) switch that would turn the power off when you turn the mouse upside down.

Heh. You'd know your mouse is dead when it's belly-up.

Time to hack. Now where'd my soldering iron go?
    Usually wireless mice have a timeout feature built in, when they're not in use, to conserve battery life. The reason for the power switch is when you're transporting them, and they're shaken, they won't be stirred.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Usually wireless mice have a timeout feature built in, when they're not in use, to conserve battery life....
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm just a bit more frugal than that though.

Another tip for wireless mice is to invest in rechargeable batteries. One set can charge while you're using the other.

Long ago I had a different mouse that burned through one set of batteries every day. I think it wasn't a design flaw but rather a manufacturing defect. When I returned it, the salesman turned it over and was temporarily blinded by the laser! Yeah, I think that might account for a battery drain. LOL!

I'm a fuddy-duddy for cordless. I have had a cordless mouse fail me during a meeting using my laptop so I avoid them.

Good ole Logitech black corded one does me fine. Also if you're on the go working in different sites it's easy to forget the USB plug! Rechargeable batteries are the move if you do choose to go cordless!

It already comes in squeezable containers: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/products...-spr-1477.aspx
    But I do like the idea of a shallow tub container.

I know about the squeezables, but you get 1/3 the product for the same price as a large jar.

Now I just use a Kroger brand Deli meat tub and fill it once.

And my two Belkin wireless mice have served me faithfully for about 20 years now. Alkaline battery life is about six months with daily use.

My setup now is a big/tall Man's leather recliner, with a sturdy rolling laptop table next to the left 10" wide arm, a full size keyboard in my lap, and the wireless mouse moving on the right arm.

Plus a 55" TV right in front with Roku/Netflix.

Best ever!
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-16-16 at 04:19 PM.

A better supply chain from China. They have, we want.

Now it takes six weeks to get an item ordered directly from the factory. Don't get me wrong, I get a lot of free stuff now because of missed arrival dates.

But an item two weeks away would be a plus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2