Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Whatever you teachers earn in the US...is not enough! Sorry for the threadjack, but this I truly believe. Teachers are well paid in Ontario.

Tammypio - You are so right that kids remember their teachers. I would love to be able to tell my 9th grade typing teacher how many times I've thought of her over the years. And to tell her how grateful I am for what all she taught me. Her lessons have served me well. I've made quite a good living using my typing abilities.

In my former life I was supervisor at a law firm and did some independent contracting at other firms and a Fortune 500 company.

I am soon to graduate from Trios College in Windsor, and look forward to being a Medical Transcriptionist. I've reinvented myself for this new career at the age of 61. Onward & Upward!!!

I work as an attorney at a large law firm in Boston, generally doing securities-related stuff. In my free time, I like bowling and reading about/visiting Detroit, as well as photography. [[Gsgeorge, I love your work!)

Linda, I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts.
    Last edited by cman710; May-02-09 at 06:45 PM.

Default former detroiter

not by choice! Born and raised in East Detroit, moved to Redford 1960.
    Live in Sun City az. now [[since 71)

I work at Banner Health in Sun City, switchboard opr. here for 15 years.

Would love to move back to Michigan, but my current husband [[former Detroiter) won't budge.

This is a great blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to hear from any of ya. Miss Michigan

Grumpyoldlady.....
    .....you know Dale Pegg?

I'm a full-time college student at OCC, mostly the Royal Oak campus, and graduated from Brandon HS in '08. I've been a citizen adviser to the Oakland Press Editorial Board since 2006 and work part-time as a freelance writer. I'd like to transfer to Wayne State. I always thought I wanted a B.A. in Journalism, not so sure about that now that the news business is tanking.

Wsu som: I teach cardiology and medicine and see and care for detroiters

Custodian, but you can't tell it by the inside of my house.

Worked on prototype to production Military vehicles and equipment in the Detroit metro area most my life .
    I am now working about a hundred miles east of Kandahar Afghanistan for the next 1 to 3 years

I am a Steelworker who does heavy machine operating on a steel slitter and shipping clerk. We use to supply all of the big three and some general products. Now we only supply general products, construction, and sea walls. But I am always a student aswell I will be done with OCC soon with an associate in business, but I will be going back to wayne state in the fall to get an urban studies or geography degree.

collision repair tech.

Quote Originally Posted by tammypio View Post
    I've been teaching at a Catholic school on the west side of Detroit for 17 years now. ... When my students ...remember their first grade teacher... :-)
    For what it's worth, I still remember my 1st grade teacher Miss Kelly, and 1st grade was 1966-67 for me! Back in those days I learned to read via the Dick and Jane books [[and Spot and Puff...). I imagine by now they've come up with something different. First grade for me [[as well as 2-12) just happened to be at a Catholic School in Northwest Detroit - St Marys of Redford, which just closed down last year.

tammypio:
    "...Plus...I figure the Catholic school teachers will have mansions in heaven one day too!..." LOL :-)

I hope so. My three aunts, who taught at Detroit parochial schools for decades, deserve it! [[Especially for putting up with this wayward soul.)

Olddetroiter.....yes, it was ANR, formerly known as Michigan Wisconsin Pipe Line. I started with MWPL in the One Woodward building, then moved to the Guardian Building and then to the Ren Cen over the course of 20 years.

G:
    You must have worked with my brother there all that time....

douglasm....I remember the name Dale Pegg from my TV2 days, but can't put a face with it.

That's where you would have known him. Dale and I were roomates at Northwood Institute. He was with WJBK for a long time as a photographer and then producer. We ran the NI carrier current radio station back when I knew I was going to be a Top 40 radio star.....

Bobl....if i didn't work WITH him, I probably knew his name...I worked in the Corporate Communications and Employee Publications departments, as well as the mail room and corporate records departments. What is his name?

Jim L.
    Works at Red Cross now..
    Last edited by Bobl; May-03-09 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lombaowski View Post
    I sell Astroglide door to door.
    Do you knock on the front or the back when you make house calls???

I am a design professional...

I am a paralegal.

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    Worked on prototype to production Military vehicles and equipment in the Detroit metro area most my life .
    I am now working about a hundred miles east of Kandahar Afghanistan for the next 1 to 3 years
    Been wondering why I haven't seen you around!

*Business school grad.
    *DFD firefighter
    *Detroit business owner
    *real estate dabbler

I'm in radio. Mostly behind the scenes these days in NYC while working on a degree and dreaming about returning home.

Project manager for a commercial contract glazing company. Glass not doughnuts!

Automotive Engineer: 1993 to present with a few years off to pursue a degree.
    Last edited by CountrySquire; May-04-09 at 12:58 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast