Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Toolbox Guest

I work for a dental floss manufacturer in Montana.

I supply pigmy ponies to the burgeoning dental floss industry.

I provide flavored straw for pigmy ponies. This month's special is peppermint.

anybody in the photography business?

Yippy-Aye-O-Ty-Ay

Default What Do You Do For Work....

civil servant

Professional snowboarder.

heavy machine operator and shipping clerk for locally owned steel processing plant. been there over 6 years only laid off for totally of two months

I would have thought that I would have responded to this thread a long time ago but after viewing four pages of replies, I see I haven't.

I was a Machine Repairman at Budd at Conner and Charlevoix, then a power plant mechanic at Detroit Edison Conner Creek. Moved to Houston, worked for Hughes Tool until the oil tool market fell apart in '82. Moved back to Detroit, worked again at Budd until they closed the wheel plant. Moved to Indiana, worked for Dana in Syracuse and General Motors in Marion. Moved to Rothbury when transferred to the GM Coopersville Plant. Was sold down the river by GM to Delphi. Retired [what choice did I have?] in '06. Work for my son at his CNC machine shop in Spring Lake. Up to my eyeballs in debt over that one. Kinda, sorta, but not really a second career - Licensed Deacon in the Michigan District of the Lutheran hurch Missouri Synod, serving in Muskegon. Maybe it will grow into something bigger.

What a ride it's been!

Im a FX artist for the film and haunted house industries, trying to focus more on film these days. As per norm, I move out of Detroit just in time for the film industry to settle in.
    Opened what I hope will one day become the Bronners of halloween out in Jonesville Mi. we shall see. Funny side story, I spent the large part of my childhood drawing monsters and what not, my teachers always said to me, youll never make any money doing that, I wish I could see them now............... to tell them they were RIGHT!

Technical Mgr. for AT&T.........

Ravine Guest

"What do you do for a living?

Perhaps it's none of my business."

Moderator, please cross-post to "Asked & Answered" thread.

If I responded, directly, to all of the "just curious" [[and nobody, ever, is "just curious") thread-initiating questions inside of this forum, you all would know:
    1. Where I live.
    2. My age .
    3. My occupation.
    4. My ethnicity and skin-tone.
    5. How much education I have.
    6. My blood-type.

OK, just kidding, with that last one, but I'm trying to make a point, here, which is that one of the attractive things about internet forums is the anonymity, an anonymity which would be narrowed & short-lived if we answered the plethora of "just curious" questions that recurringly pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    "What do you do for a living?

Perhaps it's none of my business."

Moderator, please cross-post to "Asked & Answered" thread.

If I responded, directly, to all of the "just curious" [[and nobody, ever, is "just curious") thread-initiating questions inside of this forum, you all would know:
    1. Where I live.
    2. My age .
    3. My occupation.
    4. My ethnicity and skin-tone.
    5. How much education I have.
    6. My blood-type.

OK, just kidding, with that last one, but I'm trying to make a point, here, which is that one of the attractive things about internet forums is the anonymity, an anonymity which would be narrowed & short-lived if we answered the plethora of "just curious" questions that recurringly pop up.
    We all know your job already- professional curmudgeon.

Ravine Guest

Oh Pam, don't I wish that I got paid for it.

Also, it seems that "plethora" has, accidentally, become my Word of the Day...

Bullet Guest

I have been working as a Driver for GPF DPW for the last 30 years...Yikes!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8