Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
Too bad. It has great boutique hotel qualities. I would think clever management and marketing could make it work. When asked for places to stay in Detroit, the Inn on Ferry and the Omni were always my first two recommendations. Once the riverwalk is completed it will be even more enhanced. Its river side vistas,he converted Parke Davis lofts and surrounding area are very nice. Look for someone else to take a run at it.
Agree with Lowell on this one. There are lots of positive and unique attributes of this property. Maybe another owner/operator team, unburdened of some of the property's debt, can make a go of it.

Some additional visibility would help. Every effort should be made to get a deal with one of the building owners on the corner at McDougall and E. Jefferson to allow some signage. Also, the restaurant was never able to realize its revenue potential because it has no view of the river. Were riverside windows not installed during the hotel conversion because of historic rehab tax credit restrictions? Are the restrictions still applicable? Just wondering.

This is a very cool hotel. I hope it can find a new owner.