[quote=Stosh;180382]Oh right... my bad, you said Republican ties to the tea party before 2007 right?

Sort of. My quote from post 31 was, "The recent Tea Party movement began as Ron Paul fundraisers in 2007." The subject of the sentence was "The recent Tea Party movement". In post 38 I added, "All you have to do is show us some Republican use of the Tea Party theme preceeding 2007. Remember that Bush and the neo-cons were in charge prior to 2007 and that Republicans, for the most part, were supporting Bush's spending, annual debts, and wars like Democrats are today. " You did provide instances of feminists and Republicans citing tea bags and tea parties prior to 2007, which is a good start, but you failed to show any significant tea party movement activity before 2007. As a 'movement', it didn't exist during the Bush years when neocons ruled the Republican party. The tea party movement was, in fact, partly a fiscally conservative rebellion against what Bush and Republicans had been doing.

Jimaz, I enjoyed your article. To just imagine that a businessman would have accepted money for his services from bad people like Stalin! shame! shame! Where was jimmy Carter when we needed him? Some US wheat farmers went bankrupt because of Carter's embargo grain embargo against the Soviet Union for conducting a war in Afghanistan. Lucky for those farmers too. Otherwise they would have had to accept Soviet money for their wheat.