Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

No offense, but buying in this neighborhood just wasn't going to end well.

I agree.... the odds were not good. It's not pleasant but in point of fact that area and many parts of HP your property and contents therein are picked at 'buzzard' style day and night. Until you finally LEAVE-so they can get at the property all the better! This is especially true if you are 'marked' as a new stiff trying to rehab a property.

Sad but reality of the Highland Park in general. Especially the northeast segments.

I have friends and family there that make it and remain only because their homes are multi-family dwellings, or families long standing in one case that live next door to each other watching, and vigilant - someone is always home, and armed as measure of last resort against home invasion [[with this fact being known).

That helps a small bit to keep the 'scrapping' and break-in buzzards away.
    Quote Originally Posted by ismoakrack View Post
    No offense, but buying in this neighborhood just wasn't going to end well.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-10-12 at 06:31 AM.

The first house on the block is wrapped in glass blocks instead of windows and has security doors. Feels a little like prisoner in your own home. Would have given me pause. I like the ivy all over the house across the street from it tho.

More like the village idiot, LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Stop be Red Hots Coney Island, on Victor off of Woodward. See Rich the owner, he is like the mayor of Highland Park

It's been repeated several times in this thread, but this is not Highland Park. It is North of 6mile.

Thanks for the update Major. Any new plans hatching? Hamtramck is a good buy. Good neighbors!

SteveJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Thanks for the update Major. Any new plans hatching? Hamtramck is a good buy. Good neighbors!
    I think Major's smart choice would be to stay in Royal Oak.

Current plans?
    I have some law school classmates that live in lofts near WSU. I would like to live there, as they have secured entrances, secured parking, and WSU police patrol. The rent however is $1000 a month or more, double my current rent. Not to mention that my car insurance would double.

I would move if I could afford it.
    I work for the federal government. If they participated in [[what I call) the Live in Midtown Program, I would move next month. As of now though, they don't, and I can't imagine that they will.

I actually prefer single family home neighborhoods/ two family flat neighborhoods to living in an apartment building.
    I like the trees, parks, etc. There is quite an appeal to living in a cool apartment though, so lofts have a certain draw.

Guess for now, I have to wait until I make enough to live in a secure Detroit building.

Agreed. One thing if you live here already to strive, but there's too much up in the air right now for any hasty moves to the city. I would NOT recommend it sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    I think Major's smart choice would be to stay in Royal Oak.

Secured and or gated apartments or townhomes is a better option if you really want to live in the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    Current plans?
    I have some law school classmates that live in lofts near WSU. I would like to live there, as they have secured entrances, secured parking, and WSU police patrol. The rent however is $1000 a month or more, double my current rent. Not to mention that my car insurance would double.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4