Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Looking for volunteer opportunities

Hey everyone!

Longtime reader of the site who recently moved to downtown Detroit. Started a blog about my experiences living downtown and giving back to the community. It's EricLacy.com. Looking to do whatever I can to help the city. I've spent time with Blight Busters and at an urban farm created by the Capuchin Soup Kitchen. If you know of other ways to help, please let me know. And keep up the great work. I'm inspired by all the activism and community involvement going on here.
    Last edited by LafayettePark; August-30-10 at 11:55 AM.

You could volunteer for the Tour de Troit.
    http://www.tour-de-troit.org/2010/volunteer-info/

Saint Ladislaus on Caniff in Hamtramck always needs help with the soup kitchen on Thursdays from 1:30 till around 6:00

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Norwalk View Post
    Saint Ladislaus on Caniff in Hamtramck always needs help with the soup kitchen on Thursdays from 1:30 till around 6:00
    Thanks for that. Do they let you just walk in and start helping or is there some process? I get off of work at four and could easily make it to Hamtramck to help for an hour and a half or so.

Check your neighborhood rec center. Coleman Young is down the street from you. Clark Park is not that far either.

Friends of Belle Isle, Detroit Garden Center, the Tplex and Friends of Fort Wayne all come quickly to mind.

Inside Detroit promotes the city in a number of ways and is always looking for volunteers to share their experiences with visitors and help out in other ways.

Toolbox Guest

Think Detroit PAL is always looking for coaches and other volunteers to help run their programs.