Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Anyone ready for some football? The Eastwood gang is ready for the Saratoga Boys, the Nottingham nobility, the [/SIZE]Liberal Leanings or any pick up team from Moross Blvd. Here's a look at the Redmond/Eastwood intersection looking north toward St. Jude. You'll notice the trash bins are located near where the boundary lines are extended in the intersection. Luckily, there are no cars parked to interfere!
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...3,,0,0.75&pw=2

I want to move!!!! Anyone interested in a trade?
    Last edited by zitro; October-16-09 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I want to move!!!! Anyone interested in a trade?
    LMAO!..If this were the NFL maybe you could just buy a team. Oops, on second thought

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Go long ... Iola side ... on two.
    No wonder the police were always there.

Of course you have to draw the plays out in your hand
    or on your chest facing backwards and making sure your team is far enough from scrimmage so that the play won't be overheard

The "Nottingham Nobility?" I grew up on that street and I like that title!

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    The "Nottingham Nobility?" I grew up on that street and I like that title!
    Bring your team. The Eastwood gang is waiting.

The Laing Gang will take you all on.

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    The Laing Gang will take you all on.
    and your team song of course is "Playin on the Laing Gang"...all day long, ump,...ahhhh.

and your team song of course is "Playin on the Laing Gang"...all day long, ump,...ahhhh.
    Uh, when you ladies are done naming your teams and picking out what you're going to wear, I would like to get to the matter of kicking your @$$e$ in a real game.

Uh, when you ladies are done naming your teams and picking out what you're going to wear, I would like to get to the matter of kicking your @$$e$ in a real game.
    Sounds like a true Eastwoodian

Oh yeah, well your mother wears Army boots

Oh yeah, well your mother wears Army boots
    I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you.

I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you.

Sounds like a true Eastwoodian

Let's toss the coin to see who will receive. Heads I win, tails you lose.

7K: I remember very well Olson Electronics [[Forham on the west side of Gratiot). Our family purchased our first FM stereo receiver with speakers from there. It was a far cry from the quality of Pecar Electronics. At that time however, just getting FM sterero was a real treat. The system was only 10 watts per channel but it affored a young teenager at that time the ability to listen to the new "underground" stations such as WABX FM and WXYZ [[later WRIF) FM. in stereo. Olsons had enough stuff to keep gadget folks or music buffs in the store for hours. I think my dad paid $48 for the system. We hooked up our "record player" and were able to hear all those 78, 45 and 33 RPM records. Only the 33 rpm records [[mostly bought at Korvette on 12 and Gratiot) could be heard in stereo. Great memory 7K
    What about a reverb in a car remember that ??

Quote Originally Posted by stonechipped View Post
    What about a reverb in a car remember that ??
    I had a Vibrasonic in my 1st new car - a '63 Corvair Monza. It gave off a big "sprong" noise whenever I hit a big bump. I think it had springs in it.

Soupy Sales died ...

His show was my reason for installing the UHF converter onto our old Admiral, and constantly tweaking the antenna in the attic and the spaghetti factory of connecting wires.

The resulting still fuzzy picture was just clear enough to be able to enjoy the crazy funny antics of Soupy Sales.

... may God rest his soul.

Today was just a great fall day on Eastwood ... temperatures in the mid 60's ... the delightful smell of burning leaves wafting past my nose ... Went to George's Party Time ... picked up some Topps baseball cards, a pocket full of Bazooka Joe bubble gum and a Mr. Freeze. Then to Jason's Pastry Shop for one of those ginormous sugar cookies ... free to an appreciative kid with a cute face. Took that all back over to the curb in front of Veenstra's, next to Carion's, across Eastwood from Bass's and across the parking lot from Colonial Bank to open up and enjoy as I stared up at the remaining leaves still draping Eastwood like a canope.

Today was just a great fall day on Eastwood ... temperatures in the mid 60's ... the delightful smell of burning leaves wafting past my nose ... Went to George's Party Time ... picked up some Topps baseball cards, a pocket full of Bazooka Joe bubble gum and a Mr. Freeze. Then to Jason's Pastry Shop for one of those ginormous sugar cookies ... free to an appreciative kid with a cute face. Took that all back over to the curb in front of Veenstra's, next to Carion's, across Eastwood from Bass's and across the parking lot from Colonial Bank to open up and enjoy as I stared up at the remaining leaves still draping Eastwood like a canope.
    Did you have to pay for the cookie?
    Last edited by kellyroad; November-13-09 at 07:41 PM.

It was 50 years ago this month that our family made the trek from our Morang house to our Eastwood house near Redmond. It was a Saturday. The neighbors were raking the few remaining elm tree leaves into the street for burning. There were a few kids throwing the pigskin around. This six year old at the time was giddy with a new bungalow home with a rec room, bay window, and a 2 car garage with a raft [[a great place to hide out)...a far cry from our duplex on Morang. There were new neighbors to walk to St. Jude with and just hang out together. Interestingly, most of the neighbors stayed well into the 70s or 80s and many were there since the start of Eastwood neighborhood in the early 40s. Given the number of kids and with St. Jude just 2 blocks to the north, Heilmann Park nearby, and Kelly Road shopping just around the corner, that Eastwood neighborhood was simply a great place for a kid to grow up.

Did you have to pay for the cookie?
    Uh, I take it you did have to pay, KR. You probably just exceeded the age limit for this sort of thing.

In any event, those cookies would have been a bargain at twice the price!

Uh, I take it you did have to pay, KR. You probably just exceeded the age limit for this sort of thing.

In any event, those cookies would have been a bargain at twice the price!
    Well, at twice the price of free, I'd have to agree

This six year old at the time was giddy with a new bungalow home with a rec room, bay window, and a 2 car garage with a raft [[a great place to hide out).
    At the risk of being stupid, what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    At the risk of being stupid, what is that?
    My guess is rafter, like most garages in our hood they had bare cross members and most parents would utilize the space by laying sheets of plywood up there to store Christmas stuff or whatever. If you had a way to shimmy up there, it made a great place to hide playing hide and seek.

Am I close KR?

My guess is rafter, like most garages in our hood they had bare cross members and most parents would utilize the space by laying sheets of plywood up there to store Christmas stuff or whatever. If you had a way to shimmy up there, it made a great place to hide playing hide and seek.

Am I close KR?
    You got it Z...just like the baloon boy, going up in the garage raft[[er) was an adventure.
    Last edited by kellyroad; November-14-09 at 07:30 PM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast