Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

For the benefit of anyone who [[like me) is a passenger-train fetishist, does anyone know what happened to the Long Island Railroad passenger car hulks that were dragged into the Packard plant for filming this movie? Did they get scrapped, or are they still hanging around in a place so little-traveled only the people on this board go there?

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    I didn't even see any Detroit in that! Are they going to actually show it being in Detroit or will it be like the last one where Detroit is standing in for another city? In this case Chicago.
    This isn't like the first few episodes of Detroit 187. Chicago has always been the setting for the movie. They filmed in Gary as well as Detroit.

any update here?

Quote Originally Posted by circa1776 View Post
    Defend democracy. firericksnyder.org =)
    NOT THE PLACE JERK as much as I agree with getting rid of him...

Since this thread is a little slow I'll post this photo a user on my MCS group posted when T3 was filming...

Name:  180052_526775701588_147701973_30804337_7653540_n.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  21.1 KB
    Jesse Medina

You'll notice one shot of detroit in this: the building accross the street from the colorful Jewish center off Woodward[[?)

In this one you'll see a very prominent Packard plant [[in the state it's usually in...on fire)

Last edited by mcsdetroitfriend; June-27-11 at 02:01 AM.

Tomorrow night. Midnight. Hell yes!

At the 5 second mark Shia is in the alley off Clifford and Griswold. You can see the back of the David Whitney building behind them!

Wow just left the theater and this movie was amazing, Detroit got a TON of amazing shots! The depot and even the Roosevelt Warehouse got a substantial scene. They even included old wooden benches [[the kind you would see in a train station) and once again Michael Bay put some sort of an Angel inside...he put angels along the roof of MCS in the first movie

Even the Book Tower got a close up but as a stand in for the building in Chicago which is a pivotal part of the story. The Packard scenes were cool, they obviously didn't need to dirty it up much...

One funny bit is there is a scene set in Chernobyl/Prypriat and that was filmed in Gary Indiana!

Edit: they also included a shot of the Packard Motel on Grand Blvd which I thought was a cool little touch.
    Last edited by mcsdetroitfriend; June-29-11 at 01:51 AM.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    Wow just left the theater and this movie was amazing, Detroit got a TON of amazing shots! The depot and even the Roosevelt Warehouse got a substantial scene. They even included old wooden benches [[the kind you would see in a train station) and once again Michael Bay put some sort of an Angel inside...he put angels along the roof of MCS in the first movie

Even the Book Tower got a close up but as a stand in for the building in Chicago which is a pivotal part of the story. The Packard scenes were cool, they obviously didn't need to dirty it up much...

One funny bit is there is a scene set in Chernobyl/Prypriat and that was filmed in Gary Indiana!

Edit: they also included a shot of the Packard Motel on Grand Blvd which I thought was a cool little touch.
    Not all that funny, I read today that they used Conner Creek for Chernobyl as well.

Can't wait to see that Transformer 3, Dark Side of the Moon movie. It would be the biggest blockbuster projecting to make over 70 to 100 million dollars in the box office making it number one with a bullet.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

That movie is more that meets the eye.

I MISS YOU SO, NEDA.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Not all that funny, I read today that they used Conner Creek for Chernobyl as well.
    You're right, but not for the majority, its a small section

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    Wow just left the theater and this movie was amazing, Detroit got a TON of amazing shots!
    And 99.9999% of the people who watch it will not give a rats ass.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    And 99.9999% of the people who watch it will not give a rats ass.
    nope, but some of us will

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend
    Yeah I saw that too, they did a nice job with the Detroit shots.
    My movie review: It kicked fucking ass, go see it.
    Last edited by Roq; June-30-11 at 09:51 PM. Reason: bb quote brackets

Hang on. Something fishy going on. Michael Bay is recycling "Island" material!

And he did it before....

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Hang on. Something fishy going on. Michael Bay is recycling "Island" material!
    People are expecting cinematic integrity in a Transformers film? Really?

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

same director, doesn't matter he can do what he wants to save some money

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4