Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Man......I'm blown away by Detroit each and everytime I venture into the neighbourhoods via streetview. So many beautiful homes/buildings in such disrepair. I'm so jealous of the things you have, even if they're burnt out. What a story those places could tell. For some reason...I always feel bad for the lone house on the block.
    Anyways.......there are a couple odd places on Junction I wonder if anyone has answers about. First is this TINY little structue at Junction and Otis. Could be used as a used car lot place now.....but what did it do before? Next would be this really neat place one block north, called Johnstone Automotive........I guess no questions, just an neat structure. Ancient lamp post on last leg there btw.Kiddie corner from that is a used car place......old gas station? Thing could be a front porch to an old mansion its so small! Also, I totally agree about the brick on Woodbridge! It lends so much charachter to the area and the buildings.Is the city aware/care about what the road does for the area? Speaking of which, I'm a quite smitten with the small place just west of St. Aubin on Woodbridge.Theres a sign saying "Studio 51" on the side. Anyone know its past? Age? Looks like an old school to me.......no? I love your city.What an amazing collouge of history.
    Last edited by Magnatomicflux; August-21-10 at 05:09 AM.

Studio 51 is a nightclub/bar. It was called something different in the past. I'm not sure if it still functions as a nightclub/bar. I haven't seen any activity this year. Regarding the lights being out on Woodward, this stuff has been going on for months and it seems to always happen in the summer months. I remember attending the jazz festival two to three years ago and the same set of lights were out. What was really upsetting was the fact that you had vendors set up in the street in tents, with lighting from a string of lights that appeared to be lit from the use of generators or hook ups to the buildings along Woodward. Why this "blackout" continues year after year is a mystery to me? It's an embarrassment.

Thanks for the info royce. Does that place extend real far into the back? Seems a little small for a club. Maybe a pub....but not a club. Beautiful little building anyways.