Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Hermod - The IHM nuns at St Matthew had a convent located next to the school - north side.

Default Make a connection

Hermod, I know this is an old post but I just came upon it. I grew up at 10673 Nottingham, just next door to the south of you. Family moved in in 1973 and moved out in 1992. I was just 1 when we moved in. I remember your house as owned by a woman named JoAnn with a few children, all older than me. However, my dad tells me that the previous owners he thought were "Dick and Grace" and their child[[ren). Is that you? I read with great interest your comment about having photos of the area when it was being built. I've always wanted to see some of those, never have. Any way you could share?

I lived there between 99 and 04. It wasn't exactly safe but the neighborhoods were well kept and people took pride in their homes. Fast forward 15 years and the decline in palpable. My old street has 20 percent occupance. The remaining structures are in place but open to the elements. The gas stations are chalmers and harper were hot as shit

Are there any photos of the farmhouse that was on Eastland mall parking lot

Nottingham was a mess 15 years ago. Balfour a few streets away now looks like Nottingham did then.

Quote Originally Posted by StBrendan86 View Post
    Hermod, I know this is an old post but I just came upon it. I grew up at 10673 Nottingham, just next door to the south of you. Family moved in in 1973 and moved out in 1992. I was just 1 when we moved in. I remember your house as owned by a woman named JoAnn with a few children, all older than me. However, my dad tells me that the previous owners he thought were "Dick and Grace" and their child[[ren). Is that you? I read with great interest your comment about having photos of the area when it was being built. I've always wanted to see some of those, never have. Any way you could share?
    We left in 1954 ad the folks that my parents sold to were an older couple who were childless. I was back there briefly in 1961 visiting neighbors. Most of our neighbors had "pulled the plug" by 1970 as their kids were grown and they moved into smaller digs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6