Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stress

Quote Originally Posted by agirlintheD View Post
    Like Ray1936?
    Nope. Ray1936 ain't going here.

SMDH the more I red about stress really makes me question the mindset of those who advocate for their continued existence who were around back when they were active...

You just can't have a bunch of Dirty Harrys running around out of control.
    Innocent people get hurt that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    SMDH the more I red about stress really makes me question the mindset of those who advocate for their continued existence who were around back when they were active...
    Just as we saw in the post 9/11 world of travel.
    Those most in favor of a certain group of people undergoing increased scrutiny, based on nothing but that person's appearance, are easily identified. Its the group that feels comfortable that they'll never be subjected to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Just as we saw in the post 9/11 world of travel.
    Those most in favor of a certain group of people undergoing increased scrutiny, based on nothing but that person's appearance, are easily identified. Its the group that feels comfortable that they'll never be subjected to it.
    Right. That's why I don't see how anyone in their right mind would advocate bringing back a bunch of racist cops. That was then, this is now.

Well it has been killing me to not be allowed to post until today. Putting Raymond's name on here calling him an executioner if you don't have the facts to back it up is not fair or appropriate. He wasn't a Rouge police officer he was a Detroit STRESS police officer. He is a retired Detroit STRESS police officer today. If what you are saying is true Colman Young would've made sure the fried him. Please all remember what year it was. Due to arrests that were made by Raymond the Mob put a hit out on him. I'm not going to say everything STRESS did was appropriate, but I also don't think all cops now do whats appropriate. Raymond is my stepfather and has been since 1991 he is a great man and would give you the shirt off his back. Most white people in that time were racist and didn't treat African American with respect. Not saying it was right but I would bet your parents or grandparents were racist at some point. He grew up through the depression, served in the Army, was a police officer in the Riots, and retired from the Detroit police department. People grow and people change. Raymond has been nothing but a positive role model to me and his two mixed grandchildren.

I need to add that he went on trial and 12 citizens of Detroit found him innocent of any wrong doing.

Thanks for the information, Fact. Welcome to the board, sorry it had to be over this, but glad you're here to bring firsthand information to the thread.

I am one who is advocating bringing back S.T.R.E.S.S.. Said so very clearly in that 'Easy Mark' thread I started after our experiences Friday night downtown.

I say it again. Decoys NEED to return to the city. A.S.A.P.

EVERYONE else who is having a negative hissy-fit are improperly assuming that I am also advocating a whole bunch of other bullshit that nobody in their right mind could imagine welcoming.

There is NO equation of MY mentioning S.T.R.E.S.S., and whatever history happened with a bunch of old white dudes in another age. None whatsoever.

Anyone who chooses to think that a call for S.T.R.E.S.S. today is a call for bringing back racism, or home invasions, or any of that is NOT in their right mind. They are illogical, and over-emotional at the very least.

IF something isn't done, this city is going to devolve into the worst situation any of us can imagine...because our economy is continuing to tank. Things ARE going to get worse economically, and we need to INSURE that everyone knows that striking out against the very people who fund the after-5 economy in the city WILL get them thrown in jail and/or tagged and put onto a daily work program cleaning up the broken glass and abandoned properties and Belle Isle after Friday and Saturday nights...or worse, dead if they choose to employ any sort of weapon against the sworn officers.

OR, this will become the wild west with people with brains arming themselves and preparing to do battle every time they dare enter the city. We will not be shocked to see open-carry firearms, like that one cowboy I saw at the HoeDown.

So, calling to bring back S.T.R.E.S.S. is NOT in any way, shape, or form a racist or classist or any-other-ist comment...except only 'robberist'. I AM very discriminating against those who choose to rob people and prey on them. AND pretty segregationist about it, too. LOL! I want MY society to be completely separated from those who would choose to steal and rob and even scrap.

I cannot imagine any logical person wanting anything else.

NOTHING in this post is 'code-speak', either, so I don't want to hear any backlash about that bullshit.

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; June-20-11 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Nope. Ray1936 ain't going here.
    Why not Ray? I bet you've got some hellava stories to tell, about how it was being a Cop back in the day. Bet you've seen it all.

For whatever reason, this thread brought to mind this song:

Detroit = NYC in 1982.

Cin Kid I don't think people want to bring back a bunch of racist cop from the STRESS force. I think they might want to start a STRESS force again. This time only half the force will be racist and they will hide it like most do today.

STRESS did good too. They just focus on the negative.

Jimmy and Ray are the the only two that live around here now. BTW Jimmy never ran or supervised any part of STRESS.

My ex stepfather was part of the initial S.T.R.E.S.S. unit... he said he knew it would be tough and controversial but he really really really wanted to get out of Sex Crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Why not Ray? I bet you've got some hellava stories to tell, about how it was being a Cop back in the day. Bet you've seen it all.

Yeah, in your enthusiasm, you'd probably want WAR VETERANS to re-live all their darkest memories, too. You're a peach, Cincinnati. Give the man a break. He survived. He retired. He'll tell us what he chooses to tell us.

Cheers!

Ok, I am thinking back now and I dont know if he was a charter member, so to speak. But I do know he came in during the early stages.

Quote Originally Posted by FACTBASEDINFO View Post
    This time only half the force will be racist and they will hide it like most do today.

STRESS did good too. They just focus on the negative.

I believe what you describe ISN'T pure racism, but accumulated job stresses from dealing with a few of the worst cases, I've observed from afar the trials and tribulations of one of our friends from here who became a Detroit Police Officer...and have known others like him who have become callosed and jaded from their daily interactions with folks who really need policing.

I chime into his Facebook deliveries occasionally with reminders when I feel he is becoming hardened...I feel a bit of responsiblity since I was one of two forumers who strongly encouraged him to make the choice to further his desires to wear blue and a badge...the night before one of our friend's funeral at the end of Slow's bar.

Perhaps the solution here, since the city has now made it legal for Detroit Officers to work after-hours in private enterprise...is to create a company that pays these police officers off-duty to simpy BE in the city once their shifts end, with perhaps some incentives when they help spot and foil crime in the making. Same company can train civilians in self-defense, and begin to build bonds between the GOOD cops and those civilians who want better for this town.

Maybe that is the answer here...

Cheers,
    John

Maybe we need to bring some of these retirees into the fold...

http://www.freep.com/article/2011062...text|FRONTPAGE

Now days they call it a Task Force [[PC) but considering that currently LEO are using personal cell phones for dispatch,driving cars with bald tires without in car dispatch computers it would probably hard to set one up.

Detroit don't need STRESS and it will never come back. What Detroit needs is community policing. Good ole' neighbors arming themselves to resist against crime.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because security is an illusion.

NEDA, I MISS YOU SO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Yeah, in your enthusiasm, you'd probably want WAR VETERANS to re-live all their darkest memories, too. You're a peach, Cincinnati. Give the man a break. He survived. He retired. He'll tell us what he chooses to tell us.

Cheers!
    You are the most negative poster on here. Nobody was suggesting him to re-live his nightmares, maybe he didn't have any. Like I'm interogating him. You are a piece of work with your negativity. Cheers.

I really admire those Detroiters who all have stories about them or the cousin-uncles who were mistreated by STRESS; everyone has some sort of tale about being rousted or wacked or yelled at. I've been hearing those stories forever.

But I've never met anyone who rioted. Never met anyone who burned a building. Never.

Guess that never happened, did it?

But I would say that in the context of the day you would have to look at the demographic makeup of the PD and the people they targeted then. Myself would think it is time for a unit similar to that now cuase some pf these young kids have gotten pretty brazen with what they do. There is nothing for them to fear out there...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2