Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My take:

When Carlita was so unfairly forced to relocate to the tiny hovel on the wrong side of the tracks, BK lost his exile and needed another relative to take him in. Naturally he landed back here on the doorstep of whoever would take him in & might even be living with CCK at this point.

I also think that Carlita plans to move on, sooner rather than later. That new tummy tuck will come in handy as she gets back into the dating scene.

Default carlita's new do

... speaking of Calita dating - thank heaven she finally relaxed that hair and got rid of that Betty White do!

Don't get your hopes up too high of anyone going to jail. These are, after all, politicians. Of whatever color, age, sex or stripe, they are politicians. And, politicians cut deals. It's not unheard of to cut deals with the judiciary, either. We just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Don't get your hopes up too high of anyone going to jail. These are, after all, politicians. Of whatever color, age, sex or stripe, they are politicians. And, politicians cut deals. It's not unheard of to cut deals with the judiciary, either. We just have to keep our fingers crossed.
    I'm with you Kielson. I just don't believe any of them will see much [[if any) jail time. We can only hope and pray.....

lilpup Guest

Here's the contempt of court raising its head: http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...-court-hearing

"Rosen said Kilpatrick and his lawyer, Bobbie Gray Edmonds of Ft. Worth, could avoid the Aug. 31 court hearing if Kilpatrick appears for a deposition."
    Big deal.
    So compempt of court means nothing!
    Just show up whenever you like or not at all.

lilpup Guest

He hasn't been cited for contempt yet - a contempt hearing is scheduled. If he is cited he can be jailed.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    He hasn't been cited for contempt yet - a contempt hearing is scheduled. If he is cited he can be jailed.
    He won't be cited if he gives his deposition before the Aug. 21st hearing, right!

lilpup Guest

That's correct. The threat of a contempt hearing serves as incentive for him to appear for a deposition - without it he would have no reason to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara_10 View Post
    "Rosen said Kilpatrick and his lawyer, Bobbie Gray Edmonds of Ft. Worth, could avoid the Aug. 31 court hearing if Kilpatrick appears for a deposition."
    Big deal.
    So compempt of court means nothing!
    Just show up whenever you like or not at all.
    Not exactly, if it were you or I [[or anyone else on this forum) we would have been tossed in jail and the key would have been thrown away. These people [[on the "Kilpatrick friends and family plan" operate on an entirely different set of bendable rules....

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agirlintheD View Post
    Not exactly, if it were you or I [[or anyone else on this forum) we would have been tossed in jail and the key would have been thrown away. These people [[on the "Kilpatrick friends and family plan" operate on an entirely different set of bendable rules....
    Well, you'd have to be found to be in contempt first before that ball got rolling.

The information about Carlita and the bodyguard is interesting, as is the fact that Bernard seems to be hopping from place to place. Yatooma stated the other day that he had Kwame "by the texticles." This is crazy unusual stuff [[maaaan!) for a civil case, much much more to come.

That's correct. The threat of a contempt hearing serves as incentive for him to appear for a deposition - without it he would have no reason to appear.
    Anybody else would be sitting in jail.
    Isn't a supena incentive enough to appear? Now we have to have a hearing.
    The only valid escuse to not appear is if he is dead.
    All of these delays are a joke.
    And don't get me started on lawyers.....

As much as I dislike The Felon and his entire clan of kleptocrats, if Yatooma wins this case, the city will be on the hook for millions. None of the dough will come out of Kwame's thinning wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    As much as I dislike The Felon and his entire clan of kleptocrats, if Yatooma wins this case, the city will be on the hook for millions. None of the dough will come out of Kwame's thinning wallet.
    What's a few more million...
    Justice for Tamara.
    Go Yatooma!

lilpup Guest

No, there IS a process involved. That process is being followed. When the process is NOT properly followed guilty parties get off on technicalities.

We want everything about all this airtight so no one walks due to a court or legal system error.
    Last edited by lilpup; August-17-10 at 02:41 PM.

As much as I dislike The Felon and his entire clan of kleptocrats, if Yatooma wins this case, the city will be on the hook for millions. .
    also, Dave Bing will be embarrassed by default, and it's another red-flag in the eyes of potential private investors..

lilpup Guest

Please, we've been hearing about imminent default for ten years or more now.

Isn't a supena incentive enough to appear? Now we have to have a hearing.
    The only valid escuse to not appear is if he is dead.
    All of these delays are a joke.
    And don't get me started on lawyers.....
    Excuse me but how would anyone else would be sitting in jail for a civil case? I know some people have it in for the Kilpatricks but the idea that he would go to jail over missing a deposition is laughable because it is not the state that's suing, it's a private citizen that filed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Excuse me but how would anyone else would be sitting in jail for a civil case? I know some people have it in for the Kilpatricks but the idea that he would go to jail over missing a deposition is laughable because it is not the state that's suing, it's a private citizen that filed suit.
    Then, you are saying a supena is laughable?

lilpup Guest

Do you understand the difference between a CIVIL case and a CRIMINAL case?

Do you understand the difference between a CIVIL case and a CRIMINAL case?
    Apparently not.
    A subpeona means something in a criminal case, but not in a civil case....
    got it.

Bernard is hiding something it seems. Now what could that be?? The elderly player knows he will not get off.

Yeah, that's a bold outcome indeed. Kwame Kilpatrick the gift that keeps on giving [[I'm mean taking)... what will be left...

Apparently not.
    A subpeona means something in a criminal case, but not in a civil case....
    got it.
    Here's the thing Barbara. [[Channeling my inner Adrian Monk) This is a deposition for a civil case. The only thing that can occur at this time for Bernard Kilpatrick is to reschedule the deposition or if he keep jacking off the time of the attorneys then the judge can order him to court to explain himself. If the judge does not like the answers given then the judge would hold him in contempt and issue financial penalties, not jail. If this was a criminal case then there more than likely not be depositions but a preliminary to determine if this should go to trial and if Bernard had to appear to testify and he blew it off then a bench warrant would be issued and then he would go to jail. Got it because I am out of words.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Here's the thing Barbara. [[Channeling my inner Adrian Monk) This is a deposition for a civil case. The only thing that can occur at this time for Bernard Kilpatrick is to reschedule the deposition or if he keep jacking off the time of the attorneys then the judge can order him to court to explain himself. If the judge does not like the answers given then the judge would hold him in contempt and issue financial penalties, not jail. If this was a criminal case then there more than likely not be depositions but a preliminary to determine if this should go to trial and if Bernard had to appear to testify and he blew it off then a bench warrant would be issued and then he would go to jail. Got it because I am out of words.....LOL
    Got it
    Thanks.
    I hope lilpup reads this.
    His/her post #32 seems to conflict.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast