Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    His reported excuse was that he couldn't afford to make it back to Texas for the deposition and he volunteered to be deposed in Michigan this week.

Thomas, as an attorney for one of the parties to the lawsuit, has the right to attend [[or have an appropriate associate attend) all depositions related to the suit.
    Not that I support the Kilpatricks in anyway, but that sounds like a ligitiment excuse for me.

I couldn't figure out why he was to be deposed in Dallas in the first place, as im pretty sure he is still living in Detroit.

As far a Bernard Kilpatrick is concerned, he doesn't give a rats A$$ about Yatooma, and if he was in Detroit why should he fly all the way to Dallas on his dime to give the deposition. Let Yatooma come to him if he wants a depositon so bad.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    If the judge does not like the answers given then the judge would hold him in contempt and issue financial penalties, not jail.
    Not necessarily true. A contempt citation can always result in jail. It's entirely at the judge's discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    His reported excuse was that he couldn't afford to make it back to Texas for the deposition and he volunteered to be deposed in Michigan this week.

Thomas, as an attorney for one of the parties to the lawsuit, has the right to attend [[or have an appropriate associate attend) all depositions related to the suit.
    Thanks for answering my question in your #8 post. Now if this Bobby -Dallas atty.- is BK's atty will she have to travel to MI for his deposition? Is having the deposition here really to make it easy for Thomas to attend.
    Would this Dallas atty have legal rights to operate in MI?

lilpup Guest

Claude G, Bernard Kilpatrick had been in Texas and was most likely served in Texas [[note that his attorney is Dallas based). Yatooma made arrangements to go to Bernard and Carlita IN TEXAS but then Bernard skipped back here.

Thomas himself doesn't have to be present, he can have a representative there for him. Same thing with BK's Dallas attorney. Whether or not a Dallas based attorney can operate in Michigan depends upon whether or not they've been admitted to practice in Michigan [[kind of like doctors - every state has its own licensing criteria).

Thanks Lilpup. I really think BK is playing an awful delay game. One in which I certainly hopes he looses fast. I guess I was asking if he wants to be deposed in MI would his TX lawyer have to be present.
    I doubt we have seen the last of BK's maneuvering.,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3