Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FerndaleDamon View Post
    You wanted an all black controlled city- you got it. Black mayor, black police chief[[ fucked), black controlled infrastructure. You got it- and it don't work. Who you gonna' blame? Don't blame anyone else. I've heard all kinds of excuses- " white people moving to the suburbs" etc. People don't want bullets flying by their head when they walk down the street. Crime does really happen everywhere, but where is it most "likely to happen"?
    ...and, scene.

Funny, my aunt was trying to convince me that Ferndale was somewhere I would want to live. I just found evidence to refute her claims.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Mayor Bing stated that he was to be a one-term mayor because he wanted to be able to make the tough decision with no worries of losing the office that he does not plan to seek again.
    I believed it when he said it, however I don't believe it any longer Bing is playing the political safe route on some issues and I believe he will kick the can down the road on downsizing the city.

Gary Brown, I need to see more but I'm thinking he could be a player in the next election for mayor.

whoever else-- if anyone-- ends up running in 2013, I don't want another divisive campaign-- who is more legitimately pro-black/afrocentric, who is "clearly" a plant by suburban/out-state 'interests'; who will play hardball with city unions vs. who just rolls over for them, who would be quick to sell off "jewels" like Cobo Hall, etc..
    With Fieger's lawsuit[[s) against the city in the Aiyana Jones case, how will he handle it if the case isn't settled by the time his campaign run is in full swing? if he gets elected, and the case isn't settled yet, then what? he inherits the organization that he is suing against...?!?
    with Fieger's stances against the Goliaths of big business, big government, portraying himself as a stand-up-for the little-guy sort, what will he do when its time to look at the city's finances and decide to make potential cuts in services, personnel? what about negotiating with city workers?
    Does he have a specific plan to address blight? What's his take on the rightsizing of the city? What's his stance on mayoral control of schools, or school reform period?

My fear is that if he does decide to run, it's going to be a return to the dynamic of bashbashbashbashbashbashbashbashbash IWIN! passthebuckpassthebuckpassthebuckpassthebuckpassth ebuckpassthebuckpassthebuckpassthebuck that detroit leadership has been stuck in for the longest..

maybe it's just me but is there anything creepier than to see Fieger smile......eeewww - i wouldn't vote for that bastard if he ran for dog catcher in the city of detroit

Quote Originally Posted by beanietek View Post
    maybe it's just me but is there anything creepier than to see Fieger smile......eeewww - i wouldn't vote for that bastard if he ran for dog catcher in the city of detroit
    Yea, maybe ! I'll bet you would hire him if you needed to win a frivolous lawsuit LOL !

Hell I should run for Mayor of Detroit. My family is from there, I spent many nights there at my exgirlfriends house, and I like Detroit.Plus I ain't a Lawyer.So I might have a chance.

I spoke to a few black people at the bar last night about the possibility Fieger running. And, to my surprise, they totally thought he could win. I wanted to see if they thought it would become a racial issue but that did not seem to be the case. I think Fieger is just too much his own breed to really be looked at from the white/black perspective. He's just Fieger. Anyways, according to the people I was chatting with, it will boil down to whether Bing is making progress and runs again, or if a better contender enters the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    I spoke to a few black people at the bar last night about the possibility Fieger running. And, to my surprise, they totally thought he could win. I wanted to see if they thought it would become a racial issue but that did not seem to be the case. I think Fieger is just too much his own breed to really be looked at from the white/black perspective. He's just Fieger. Anyways, according to the people I was chatting with, it will boil down to whether Bing is making progress and runs again, or if a better contender enters the arena.
    Problem is, I don't see a better contender out there. It seems like we are re-cycling the same tainted politicians. Our choices seems to be between bad and worst, instead of between good and better.

i hope he doesn't run.. it's bound to get divisive.. the Aiyana Jones case will be constantly harped on.. and I question whether he'd really be into the DetroitWorks revisioning efforts..

Well, look at it this way, if elected that amount of lawsuits filed against the City of Detroit would take a huge hit. That can't be all bad for the general fund, eh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2