Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts and prayers from Canada... let's all hope for the best.

I will keep the DFD in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the updates, BuyAmerican. Keeping those firefighters and the DFD in my prayers tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Thanks for the updates, BuyAmerican. Keeping those firefighters and the DFD in my prayers tonight.
    Amen to that. Shame about that building, though. Very handsome post WWI-era commercial building; elegant brick and stone work. Probably wood-framed, unfortunately.

From the R.L. Polk 1928-29:
    Last edited by kathy2trips; August-14-10 at 02:20 AM.

I agree Kathy2trips, very handsome building. Thankfully it didn't spread to the attatched apartment building as well.[[as far as we know)

Does anyone have an update on the condition of the Firefighters? I wish them all the best. Having a Firefighter for a brother, I pray I never get the call these poor families received.

I pray the injured firefighters make full recoveries. I hope the fire wasn't intentional but I understand that there have been a number of arsons in the area which was of some real concern to an elderly woman I know in the area who was petrified that arsonists would burn down the abandoned house that was dangerously close to her own home. Please don't let this be an insurance job or something thoughtless like that.

Default Update

These guys were crushed.

One still on ventilator, collapsed lungs, cushed ribs, broken leg, scalp ripped off....is awake. [[bad shape)

One broken feet, broken hip, broken orbital eye sockets.

One with ventalator but breathing on own, broken legs [[may beable to save one leg), fractures head, neck, face

One with severed spine, no feeling from neck down, unknown extent of damage.

Others will be OK

as of a couple of hours ago...Say many prayers.....

sweet jesus.

thanks jba

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jba View Post
    These guys were crushed.

One still on ventilator, collapsed lungs, cushed ribs, broken leg, scalp ripped off....is awake. [[bad shape)

One broken feet, broken hip, broken orbital eye sockets.

One with ventalator but breathing on own, broken legs [[may beable to save one leg), fractures head, neck, face

One with severed spine, no feeling from neck down, unknown extent of damage.

Others will be OK

as of a couple of hours ago...Say many prayers.....
    I didn't hear about the severed spine...as of this am they were still evaluating his condition....God I hope that's not true. Thanks for the update. I know some guys are going to see the guys at St. John today, if I find out anything I'll post. We are all praying hard.

Maybe a vertebrea is compressed or something. At least that would give a chance at pressue being releived and feeling coming back. I hope, as sad as it is, that is the problem.
    Horrible. This place wasn't abandonned though right? These Men didn't just sacrafice themselves for no reason I hope. Enough of that happens over there already, as you all know so well.

Update from ClickonDetroit.com

One of the six Detroit firefighter's injured in Friday's building fire has been upgraded from critical to fair condition at Detroit Receiving Hospital.

Eric Jurmo suffered injuries when a wall collapsed, trapping firefighters in the building located at Jefferson and Dickerson streets in Detroit.

Firefighter Brendan Milewski was also in fair condition at Detroit Receiving Hospital.

Brian Baulch was in serious condition at St. John Hospital.

Gerald Rutkowski was also in serious condition at Royal Oak Beaumont.

Two other firefighters were treated at local hospitals and released

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    Update from ClickonDetroit.com

One of the six Detroit firefighter's injured in Friday's building fire has been upgraded from critical to fair condition at Detroit Receiving Hospital.
    Shouldn't that be "downgraded"? In this case going from critical to fair is an improvement.

Kind of irrevelent what you call it....words mean nothing...

Firefighter Brendan Milewski was upgraded to fair condition yet he faces being paralyzed from the neck down.
    To early to access the real damage because of the swelling...

Did hear third hand, that he may have moved some toes which should be considered with guarded optimism as there is no known source for this info. May be just a hopefull rumor?

It is a miracle that anyone survived this tragic event...

Buy American Guest

Brian is quite combative, still serious. Two broken feet, ribs broke, lung damage, vertebra in his neck injured. He doesn't know about his fellow firefighters and the extent of their injuries.
    Brendan is having a steel rod put in his spine tomorrow. Pray that it's just a bruise and not total paralysis. I heard the same thing about him moving his toes but there are so many rumors out there that unless I hear it from family I don't know whether to believe it or not.
    Razzy is serious, he has bone fragments floating around in his pelvic area due to the shattered pelvis. Another surgery is looming either today or tomorrow.
    They are all serious and need our prayers.

I'm so very sorry this happened. Continuing to pray...

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Updates that I just heard:
    Brian has broken ribs, broken hip, possible broken feet, lung damage, is intubated.
    Razzy has a broken hip and has been transferred to RO Beaumont for surgery.
    Brenden may be paralyzed from the chest down, drs. aren't sure at this point. Head lacerations.
    The others have broken elbows, feet, legs, crushed bones, but all are expected to survive. Thank God. Keep them all in your prayers. If I hear more I'll post.
    I went to HS with Brenden Milewski. He graduated 2 years before me in 1997 and I remember he had a sweet custom low rider pickup truck. he actually grew up in the same neighborhood that i did but I never really knew him all that well. I pray for him and all the rest of them. Buy, are you a firefighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Shouldn't that be "downgraded"? In this case going from critical to fair is an improvement.
    Upgrade in synonymous with the word improvement.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I went to HS with Brenden Milewski. He graduated 2 years before me in 1997 and I remember he had a sweet custom low rider pickup truck. he actually grew up in the same neighborhood that i did but I never really knew him all that well. I pray for him and all the rest of them. Buy, are you a firefighter?
    Retired Lieutenant with DFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Retired Lieutenant with DFD.
    My uncle is a retired chief/captain. Had a huge retirement party a year ago...

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    My uncle is a retired chief/captain. Had a huge retirement party a year ago...
    Been retired for a few years now, enjoying it.

Just heard an update from a DFD Lieutenant, I won't name names but here is a list of injuries; all are severe:

All of these guys had crushing injuries and are not out of the woods by any means. Broken pelvis, hips, legs, arms, elbows, feet, neck and one may be paralyzed. Head injuries, one was practically scalped, broken orbital sockets, noses, injured lungs, bruised heart on one that they are very worried about.

Please pray hard for all the firefighters in the hospital and the ones that are working every day to protect and serve the citizens.....throughout Detroit, Michigan, and the U.S.

Buy American Guest

These firefighters need all the prayers they can get...none of them are completely out of the woods yet. Keep this thread going folks....they need your support now and in the future.

To all the reactionaries out there who think residency is the Holy Grail: I think we can estimate that at least half of these men whose lives, health and futures have been irreparably damaged as they fought to save Detroit homes and businesses do not live in Detroit. When will the residency people stop their assertions that the City's safety employees don't really care about the people in the City?

Another update from clickondetroit

Seems they have someone who may have started this...........maybe they should have him pay a visit to the hospital to see what this pyro has caused.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/24618241/detail.html

This is truly sad. I hope the injured firefighters recover. What a thankless job [[and yet super-critical).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast