Quote Originally Posted by papillonaquatique View Post
1. I am not from Detroit so I don't have a clue what the neighborhoods are like.

2. Where I live now the colleges give courses on ballroom dancing. It is really popular here. However it wouldn't be the only use for the building and I am sure that alternative arrangements could be reached.

3. I estimated 20K for the roofing due to the average roof repair cost where I am at costs 10K but The Grande and The Vanity are bigger and I assumed they would cost more. I could very well be wrong. As for the interior being 50K I mean just to gut the interior. No repairs of any kind.

4. Are you kidding me? I bet you could get a break for historically accurate repairs. I can understand wheelchair access but why would anyone in a wheelchair be in a ballroom? I guess maybe to watch?

5. I don't have the contact info for the current owners nor the original floor plan for this building. Me and a group of friends are interested in the building and we have come up with several ideas but until I get the information we need we can't really formulate a plan. I have emailed Leo and I hope he will be in touch.

6. Why is it so hard to find out anything about The Grande or The Vanity from their early years and why are people so secretive about information regarding these buildings?
PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR:

Use some of your investments and purchase a Delta Airlines ticket for $ 315.41 round trip.
It is flight # 1121, leaving Salt Lake City to Detroit.

When you get at the airport, rent a car. Drive to one of the downtown hotels. I recommend the Hilton Garden Inn on Jefferson. Drive Jefferson east and check out the places you are talking about. All the speculation will not give an accurate picture of what you are talking about you must see Detroit in person to invest wisely.

Fall is a lovely time to come.