Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

For me, whether or not he was there isn't really that central. Far more important was the part he played in blocking investigations of other agencies and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I just don't believe KK is smart enough to have implemented such a perfect cover up, who really is?
    More like shoddy attempt at a cover-up with lots of untied loose ends, really.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I noticed you didn't post the weakness statements. Everyone of these statements printed in the Free Press had a weakness statement because each story was full of holes. Why do you think the media had a hard-on when Wilson Kay suddenly appeared out of nowhere to say "he was there?"

As for Sandy Cardenas, the first one you posted well if you read it over it says that "the dispatcher who worked the shift after hers in October 2002 told her"

All that tells me is that in October of 2002 she was working a shift and someone who worked the next shift could have told her in late Sept. 2002 that a party occurred. This says nothing when the party occurred.
    What do you think of the weakness in the Reverend's [[sorry folks, it's not David Murray) story that Tamara Greene told him some people were out to kill her, the weakness being that she didn't tell him who was out to kill her? I understand that in a court of law this may not add up to being beyond a reasonable doubt, but if you were to err on one side or the other using just your basic common sense? Reports disappearing and investigators being reassigned, it just seems like par for the course, to me.

I noticed you didn't post the weakness statements. Everyone of these statements printed in the Free Press had a weakness statement because each story was full of holes.
    Well first of all, let's be fair and say that the Free Press calls them potential weaknesses, more as if they're playing devil's advocate than anything else. I didn't post the potential weakness statements because my focus was what the witnesses said. The link I provided let anyone who wanted to read the potential weakness statements.

Also, I don't know if it's a fair statement that "each story was full of holes." For example, here is the potential weakness statement for Cenobio Chapa: "Doesn't give a specific date for when he saw this. Gave affidavit six years after the events he reported would have happened."

And here is the potential weakness statement for Walter Godzwon: "Doesn't give a specific date for when he saw the reported events at the hospital. Gave affidavit nearly six years after the events allegedly happened."

Those potential weakness statements, to me, do not sound as if their stories are "full of holes".

As for Sandy Cardenas, the first one you posted well if you read it over it says that "the dispatcher who worked the shift after hers in October 2002 told her"

All that tells me is that in October of 2002 she was working a shift and someone who worked the next shift could have told her in late Sept. 2002 that a party occurred. This says nothing when the party occurred.
    Well, that may just be a matter of how you interpret the Free Press summary of Cardenas' affidavit, but it's pretty clear to me that October 2002 in her statement is referring to when those events happened.

Clickondetroit is more precise: "Cardenas said the next night she came to work and all the 911 tapes of the run had been removed. The midnight dispatcher told Cardenas that an Internal Affairs Officer took the tapes." http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2...l.html?taf=det

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    What do you think of the weakness in the Reverend's [[sorry folks, it's not David Murray) story that Tamara Greene told him some people were out to kill her, the weakness being that she didn't tell him who was out to kill her? I understand that in a court of law this may not add up to being beyond a reasonable doubt, but if you were to err on one side or the other using just your basic common sense? Reports disappearing and investigators being reassigned, it just seems like par for the course, to me.
    I'm sorry but Reverend David Murray knew Tamara Greene? Perhaps you could provide a link that have that comment. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDetroit View Post
    I don't think Cox was there, just my gut feeling. Nevertheless, I don't like him and I hope he gets KO'd next week by Rick Snyder.
    Well, your wish came true. Snyder vs Bernero in November. That story that he was at the party had to cost him some votes. Bad timing for that to come out.

For his sake, I hope he was there. Not that a nearly decade-old lap dance is an consolation prize for being told "um, no" by the voting public, but at least he would have gotten something from it.

One has to ask, what happened to the Tea Party support? Cox was reaching out for the Tea Party to give him a push.

george_babbage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    As much as I want to believe there was a party, it has never made sense to me that not a single neighbor could or would corroborate the story that there was any activity there that night.
    I remember seeing a report on one of the local TV stations where neighbors did acknowledge a party. Wish I could remember which station and when it ran.

That story that he was at the party had to cost him some votes.

Some, maybe. But he lost by 140,000 votes so he probably wouldn't have won anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That story that he was at the party had to cost him some votes.

Some, maybe. But he lost by 140,000 votes so he probably wouldn't have won anyways.
    True, CCK bit the dust tonight as well.

Ravine Guest

I'm sorry but Reverend David Murray knew Tamara Greene? Perhaps you could provide a link that have that comment. Thanks.
    Fryar did a bad job of phrasing that one, causing you to miss the point, which is that Tamara told a Reverend-- someone other than the famously mentally-incompetent Murray-- about her fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Fryar did a bad job of phrasing that one, causing you to miss the point, which is that Tamara told a Reverend-- someone other than the famously mentally-incompetent Murray-- about her fears.
    Thanks for the clarification. I see the point.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4