Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DETROIT -- Former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's top lawyer suggested that Attorney General Mike Cox was going to find there was no Manoogian Mansion party before the probe even began, according to text messages released Monday.

That and other newly released messages, sent on city-owned pagers, provide a window into how Kilpatrick ran his administration, revealing that he and his appointees and relatives were concerned about spinning scandals, grabbing perks and racial issues.

The messages, released under a judge's order, also provide more details of an affair between Kilpatrick and former Chief of Staff Christine Beatty and other extramarital flirtations.

Cox "called me [[Saturday) and asked who we would rather be cleared by him or [[Wayne County Prosecutor Mike) Duggan," former city Corporation Counsel Ruth Carter texted Kilpatrick on May 19, 2003, the day Cox announced he would conduct his own investigation. "I said him."

Cox dismissed as an "urban legend" rumors that Kilpatrick hosted an out-of-control party that ended when his wife, Carlita, beat up a stripper who was later murdered. Cox has since faced allegations from cops and others claiming he cut short the State Police investigation. He confirmed he called Carter before he announced his probe but denied telling her it would clear the former mayor.

"I don't know why it's written that way, but it's pretty clear if you look at it that I wanted to do the right kind of investigation," Cox said.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20090310/...#ixzz0v89YcO2e

"Cox "called me [[Saturday) and asked who we would rather be cleared by him or [[Wayne County Prosecutor Mike) Duggan," former city Corporation Counsel Ruth Carter texted Kilpatrick on May 19, 2003, the day Cox announced he would conduct his own investigation. "I said him."
    Sound like something that will end up in a campaign ad, or court evidence.

Is this the final straw for the house that McNamara built?

Further stink in the same article...
    "Carter sent Kilpatrick another text message saying she spoke to Cox again and that she and Cox would coordinate the probe.

Cox said he was thrust into the investigation when Gov. Jennifer Granholm announced the Michigan State Police would investigate allegations about the Manoogian party and problems with the mayor's executive protection unit; and Cox would handle any charges resulting from the investigation.

Cox intervened after the City Council asked for a federal investigation, and Duggan, Wayne County Sheriff Warren Evans, and Michigan State Police Commander Tad Sturdivant were all were seen as too close to Kilpatrick. Sturdivant was even rumored to have attended the party."
    Buh-bye Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    "Cox "called me [[Saturday) and asked who we would rather be cleared by him or [[Wayne County Prosecutor Mike) Duggan," former city Corporation Counsel Ruth Carter texted Kilpatrick on May 19, 2003, the day Cox announced he would conduct his own investigation. "I said him."

Sound like something that will end up in a campaign ad, or court evidence. Buh-bye Mike.

Is this the final straw for the house that McNamara built?
    We could only hope, but some people are still out there [[behind the scenes) and then we have the Kwame Krew that for some reason Bing either kept on the job or brought back on the scene. So The McNamara machine is slowly disappearing but now we have to get rid of the Kwame Krew.

Quote Originally Posted by dookie joe View Post
    DETROIT -- Former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's top lawyer suggested that Attorney General Mike Cox was going to find there was no Manoogian Mansion party before the probe even began, according to text messages released Monday.

That and other newly released messages, sent on city-owned pagers, provide a window into how Kilpatrick ran his administration, revealing that he and his appointees and relatives were concerned about spinning scandals, grabbing perks and racial issues.

The messages, released under a judge's order, also provide more details of an affair between Kilpatrick and former Chief of Staff Christine Beatty and other extramarital flirtations.

Cox "called me [[Saturday) and asked who we would rather be cleared by him or [[Wayne County Prosecutor Mike) Duggan," former city Corporation Counsel Ruth Carter texted Kilpatrick on May 19, 2003, the day Cox announced he would conduct his own investigation. "I said him."

Cox dismissed as an "urban legend" rumors that Kilpatrick hosted an out-of-control party that ended when his wife, Carlita, beat up a stripper who was later murdered. Cox has since faced allegations from cops and others claiming he cut short the State Police investigation. He confirmed he called Carter before he announced his probe but denied telling her it would clear the former mayor.

"I don't know why it's written that way, but it's pretty clear if you look at it that I wanted to do the right kind of investigation," Cox said.

Thanks for the reminder. And while I forgot about it previously [[so many names being thrown around in the last 3+ years) shouldn't there be some kind of investigation into Ruth Carter?????

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Just Amazed View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. And while I forgot about it previously [[so many names being thrown around in the last 3+ years) shouldn't there be some kind of investigation into Ruth Carter?????
    I don't think the Federal investigation is all wrapped up yet, is it?

gdogslim Guest

Cox wasn't there. Sounds like a smear conspiracy with no facts to back up claims.

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    Cox wasn't there. Sounds like a smear conspiracy with no facts to back up claims.
    And your proof is?

I would never vote for Cox, but the "evidence" that he attended the Manoogian party is thin to the point of invisibility.
    Yatooma's best witness is a multiple-felon biker with scars from knife and gunshot wounds who failed to show up for his deposition. He and his biker buddies supposedly provided security at the mansion -- despite Kwame's huge DPD security force -- and he just happened to notice Cox getting a lap dance. His affidavit surfaces nearly eight years after the phantom party, exactly one week before the gubernatorial primary in which Cox is a candidate.

If I were Norm Yatooma, I'd be worried about my case. I think Rosen will end up throwing the thing out when the time comes later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Originally Posted by gdogslim Cox wasn't there. Sounds like a smear conspiracy with no facts to back up claims.
    And your proof is?
    more than there is for the party

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    more than there is for the party
    Soooo, speak.

I don't think Cox was there, just my gut feeling. Nevertheless, I don't like him and I hope he gets KO'd next week by Rick Snyder.

In case anyone was wondering about the credibility of Norman Yatooma's big witness -- the biker who said he provided security at the party -- the Free Press has discovered, surprise!, mental problems in his past. Yatooma is surprised. Right.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010073...-is-news-to-me

The question is why did Brian Dickerson step in to defend Cox this week?

I didn't read Dickerson's column, but I'm guessing he felt Cox is getting a raw deal with this "witness" surfacing so late in the campaign. The bigger question is what does this "witness" -- who was the first person to assert [[in an affidavit) he actually attended the Manoogian party -- do to Yatooma's case? I see the case falling apart in the coming weeks. The whole Manoogian party story is as bogus as this mentally ill biker.

I just looked up Dickerson's column about the Greene case. I think he said the same thing I said in the post above, only he said it more eloquently -- Yatooma is going nowhere with his ridiculous affidavits, and the one by this biker probably jumped the shark. There were a lot of crimes and craziness in the Kilpatrick administration, but no Manoogian party at which Carlita beat up a stripper.

Quote Originally Posted by 9606 Prest View Post
    Did Mike Cox, candidate for governor, attend the Manoogian Mansion party despite his denial?
    I don't recall seeing him there.

I just read Dickerson's column. He pointed out something that I have harp on for a long time.
    All Yatooma has to do now is find a few more eyewitnesses [[including, ideally, some less encumbered by felony convictions) who can supply details such as the approximate date of said party, and he'll be well on his way to checking off No. 1.
    Every affidavit filed in this case mentions that said party occurred in 2002 but never provides a date. Can we at least get a month? Was the leaves on the trees still green or were they red, brown and orange? Was it chilly and wet or was it Indian summer. One of these people have to remember some detail right!!!!!!!

Default "What Party?"

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Don't care.
    First of all, Blarf, if you don't care...why bother to post?
    Second, I have very good friends who live right across from the Manoogian.....
    and they used to see KK retrieve his newspaper every morning.
    They thought that was pretty cool.
    "Oh, The Party....."
    They remember it distinctly.
    "Oh, was Cox there?"
    Didn't I read somewhere that Cox attended the 'Party' early...and then left
    shortly thereafter?

It seems that the only thing that the Manoogian Party will only have a small effect on whether he makes it pass the primary. If he doesn't win the primary, which I hope he doesn't, then there would be little for Cox to lose after that, since his political career can't go any further.

A proper investigation should have been done, simple as that. The fact that he dismissed it so quickly, arose suspicions of many in Michigan. However, it is too late for that. He will be investigated for his acts during that time, sooner or later.

In fact, him getting knocked out during the primary would probably be the best thing for the republican party. Otherwise, there would be no way that a republican would sit in the governor's seat.

lilpup Guest

and don't forget that Cox couldn't even remember which company provided his phone service during the period in question...

I believe if there was a party is was NOT at the Monoogian Mansion. That is why they keep saying, "No, there was no party at the Monoogian Mansion." That doesn't mean there wasn't a party. The neighbors say it was quiet and I don't see Kwame throwing this party at his "wife's" house. But there are plenty of other places to go. I heard Penske, Bing, etc... and some other big wigs were at this gathering. Mike could've been there too if it was mixed races. Him just being at some thug party thrown by Kawme I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFreddy View Post
    First of all, Blarf, if you don't care...why bother to post?
    Second, I have very good friends who live right across from the Manoogian.....
    and they used to see KK retrieve his newspaper every morning.
    They thought that was pretty cool.
    "Oh, The Party....."
    They remember it distinctly.
    "Oh, was Cox there?"
    Didn't I read somewhere that Cox attended the 'Party' early...and then left
    shortly thereafter?
    If your friends remember the party could you impose on them to tell you the date of the party? If not the date, at least give the month. Saying it was in 2002 is so lame because it gives the impression that people just don't know.

There are two EMS supervisors, an EMS paramedic, and a retired Detroit police senior clerk who stated that it happened in the fall of 2002. Additionally, there is a Detroit police officer/911 dispatcher who stated the party happened specifically in October of 2002.

The witness accounts, from the Free Press:

SANDY CARDENAS
    Detroit police officer and 911 dispatcher

THE ACCOUNT: Said she was on duty the night several scout cars responded to reports of a disturbance at the Manoogian Mansion and that the tapes of the runs were taken the next night. Said the dispatcher who worked the shift after hers in October 2002 told her "a Detroit police officer came into the dispatch area and removed all of the 911 tapes of the run. The midnight dispatchers specifically told me that it was an internal affairs officer who took the tapes." Also, Cardenas reported she later learned from fellow officers that Carlita Kilpatrick assaulted the stripper in front of police after she let them in.

CENOBIO CHAPA
    EMS paramedic

THE ACCOUNT: On a night in fall 2002, he was in the emergency room at Detroit Receiving Hospital and saw three plainclothes police officers bring in a young woman in a wheel chair. She was emotional, held her hand to her face and yelled that she had been attacked by the wife of Kwame Kilpatrick.

LT. WALTER J. GODZWON
    EMS supervisor

THE ACCOUNT: On a night in fall 2002, he saw Kwame Kilpatrick and his police bodyguards at Detroit Receiving Hospital. Says he learned from the ambulance workers that the security team had brought a woman in for treatment.

LT. MICHAEL J. KEARNS
    EMS supervisor

THE ACCOUNT: On a Friday or Saturday night in fall 2002, he saw a woman who identified herself as Tammy Greene with a swollen left eye at a gas station on Jefferson at Conner, about 2 miles from the Manoogian Mansion. Greene said she and another dancer had been assaulted by Carlita Kilpatrick.

JOYCE ROGERS
    Retired Detroit police senior clerk

THE ACCOUNT: In fall 2002, saw an interdepartmental envelope that contained a police report on an assault of Tamara Greene by Carlita Kilpatrick at the Manoogian Mansion.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010050...2020/1001/news

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    There are two EMS supervisors, an EMS paramedic, and a retired Detroit police senior clerk who stated that it happened in the fall of 2002. Additionally, there is a Detroit police officer/911 dispatcher who stated the party happened specifically in October of 2002.

The witness accounts, from the Free Press:

SANDY CARDENAS
    Detroit police officer and 911 dispatcher

THE ACCOUNT: Said she was on duty the night several scout cars responded to reports of a disturbance at the Manoogian Mansion and that the tapes of the runs were taken the next night. Said the dispatcher who worked the shift after hers in October 2002 told her "a Detroit police officer came into the dispatch area and removed all of the 911 tapes of the run. The midnight dispatchers specifically told me that it was an internal affairs officer who took the tapes." Also, Cardenas reported she later learned from fellow officers that Carlita Kilpatrick assaulted the stripper in front of police after she let them in.

CENOBIO CHAPA
    EMS paramedic

THE ACCOUNT: On a night in fall 2002, he was in the emergency room at Detroit Receiving Hospital and saw three plainclothes police officers bring in a young woman in a wheel chair. She was emotional, held her hand to her face and yelled that she had been attacked by the wife of Kwame Kilpatrick.

LT. WALTER J. GODZWON
    EMS supervisor

THE ACCOUNT: On a night in fall 2002, he saw Kwame Kilpatrick and his police bodyguards at Detroit Receiving Hospital. Says he learned from the ambulance workers that the security team had brought a woman in for treatment.

LT. MICHAEL J. KEARNS
    EMS supervisor

THE ACCOUNT: On a Friday or Saturday night in fall 2002, he saw a woman who identified herself as Tammy Greene with a swollen left eye at a gas station on Jefferson at Conner, about 2 miles from the Manoogian Mansion. Greene said she and another dancer had been assaulted by Carlita Kilpatrick.

JOYCE ROGERS
    Retired Detroit police senior clerk

THE ACCOUNT: In fall 2002, saw an interdepartmental envelope that contained a police report on an assault of Tamara Greene by Carlita Kilpatrick at the Manoogian Mansion.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010050...2020/1001/news
    I noticed you didn't post the weakness statements. Everyone of these statements printed in the Free Press had a weakness statement because each story was full of holes. Why do you think the media had a hard-on when Wilson Kay suddenly appeared out of nowhere to say "he was there?"

As for Sandy Cardenas, the first one you posted well if you read it over it says that "the dispatcher who worked the shift after hers in October 2002 told her"

All that tells me is that in October of 2002 she was working a shift and someone who worked the next shift could have told her in late Sept. 2002 that a party occurred. This says nothing when the party occurred.

As much as I want to believe there was a party, it has never made sense to me that not a single neighbor could or would corroborate the story that there was any activity there that night. I don't believe its possible that KK's clan could have paid off every single one of them to clam up. I guess its possible, but highly improbable. Hush money, buy off any security camera footage too?

There's a story in there about why he obviously interfered in her death investigation. But what that story is, we may never know. She could have been one of his private on-call side pieces, Lord knows he had plenty of them all over the city.

I just don't believe KK is smart enough to have implemented such a perfect cover up, who really is? But Mike Cox certainly has something to hide and perhaps he did use his powers to run the whole cover up.

I'm still about 50/50 but it may be like 30 years before we ever find out the truth ala deathbed confession, maybe when the real witnesses no longer fear for their lives.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast