I know this may be a little "off subject", but I had to respond to some of the earlier threads about the predjudicial thing. Both of my grandparents were transplants here. My father's from europe [[ Ireland) in the 20's and my mother's from Tennessee in the 50's. Both came here for the work, like many others, and both brought with them certian predjudices from that era. People from back then seem to have very little loyalty for the D. Not like us guys on D yes. Many of whom are their descendants. With so many different nationalities/races competing for jobs, and hence survival, feelings were "strong", to say the least. Many of the people who were here for Detroit's "boom town" period have since moved away, or passed away. After the prosperity well ran dry- they left. I believe that's why Detroit had 2 million people at its peak, and only less than half that now. A lot of people were just "transitory". Again- off the specific topic, but I think relevant to what happened then, and the way it is today.