Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Serpico! I am not sure how old you are or where you were in the 70's in Detroit. Maybe you were asleep. I wonder if you ever spent much time in different parts of the city. Did you ever experience any crime first-hand? Know anyone who was mugged? Had your car stolen? Know anyone who was a victim of an armed robbery? Have you ever experienced those who were resentful that their entitlements were slow in arriving? Wake up and smell the roses or urban decay?

Default Wake up call Midtown Detroit

Yes, I have ben through other parts of the city. We were robbed first hand at gun point. that was over thirty five years ago. I hope you weren't sleeping, things have gotten progressively worse. That's why most of local businesses moved out. My question is, what is it going to take to get business back in these midtown areas of Detroit. I think you know the answer. Some areas like Mexican Town are thriving.

serpico Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger4me View Post
    Serpico! I am not sure how old you are or where you were in the 70's in Detroit. Maybe you were asleep. I wonder if you ever spent much time in different parts of the city. Did you ever experience any crime first-hand? Know anyone who was mugged? Had your car stolen? Know anyone who was a victim of an armed robbery? Have you ever experienced those who were resentful that their entitlements were slow in arriving? Wake up and smell the roses or urban decay?
    The only time Serpico had a gun put to his head in Detroit was in 1989 by Detroit's finest [[undercover). Serpico was born in Detroit on Kentucky Street. I often put the blame not on crack heads or thugs, but on those who fled Detroit in fear rather than fight back.. Serpico left the city for 15 years but am now in River Rouge. The city today, yes, is far too dangerous even for Serpico. Yes, I blame myself too, for not addressing the problems years ago. Having bikes stolen, lawn mowers gone,..on a monthly basis.. and just accepting this as "normal" contributed to the state of Detroit today. Private property needs to be respected but is treated as "fair game" by too many in Detroit. The loud obnoxious threatening voices to "burn the city down" are listened to far too often... Even the power house of Max Fisher in 1969 caved in to this nonsense....
    Last edited by serpico; January-13-13 at 10:17 PM.