Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Henry Ford Hospital Security

How many security police officers does henry ford hospital have in Detroit?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by im habit formin View Post
    Why do you want to know?

I work security at a different hospital and i was wondering how many officers they have.

Speaking of hospital security... with my mother at St. John for 3 weeks with life saving surgery... I would have to say that their main campus on Moross near Mack in Detroit must have a ratio of 50 parking lot vehicles for every Security vehicle. They are EVERYWHERE!!

And getting into the Emergency Room [[or the hosiptal after 8PM) is like going thru security at Metro Airport.

I am sure that the large Detroit metical centers [[Henry Ford, DMC and St. John) are now some of the most well guarded and safest locations in the city of Detroit.
    Last edited by Gistok; July-26-10 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Speaking of hospital security... with my mother at St. John for 3 weeks with life saving surgery... I would have to say that their main campus on Moross near Mack in Detroit must have a ratio of 50 parking lot vehicles for every Security vehicle. They are EVERYWHERE!!

And getting into the Emergency Room [[or the hosiptal after 8PM) is like going thru security at Metro Airport.

I am sure that the large Detroit metical centers [[Henry Ford, DMC and St. John) are now some of the most well guarded and safest locations in the city of Detroit.
    They really need the security around there, they got a real problem with the homeless people standing around there begging for money.

There is a Fedex Kinkos acceoss the street, and everytime I had to go in there at night they usually try to hit me up for some change.

If they are not begging for change, they are breaking into cars so the security is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    They really need the security around there, they got a real problem with the homeless people standing around there begging for money.

There is a Fedex Kinkos acceoss the street, and everytime I had to go in there at night they usually try to hit me up for some change.

If they are not begging for change, they are breaking into cars so the security is necessary.
    Are you talking about Moross & Mack??

Been in the area for decades and never had anyone beg for money.... go to Kinkos, National Coney Island, GP Post Office, Mr. C's, Krogers and Pointe Plaza several times a week... never been hit up once.... ditto for the St. John parking lot and parking structure [[been there 100 times since May)...

But Cadieux & Harper is a different story... get a lot of beggars there...

1. This is not a good place to get that sort of information.

2. If you are having a tough time having the hospital tell you these things its because they won't.

3. I find it hard to believe that you can work security somewhere and ask such questions. This sort of questioning leads me to belive that you are some sort of terrorist or want to go on a rampage.

Are you talking about Moross & Mack??

Been in the area for decades and never had anyone beg for money.... go to Kinkos, National Coney Island, GP Post Office, Mr. C's, Krogers and Pointe Plaza several times a week... never been hit up once.... ditto for the St. John parking lot and parking structure [[been there 100 times since May)...

But Cadieux & Harper is a different story... get a lot of beggars there...
    They have definitely been working the Kinkos/Coney lot lately. really annoying. Same guy hit me up three times in two days with the same story about needing 1.25 for the bus.

And getting into the Emergency Room [[or the hosiptal after 8PM) is like going thru security at Metro Airport
    My son was in St. Johns for a few months. The security guards in the ER said that security is very tight because they've had instances where attempted homicide victims come into the ER, and the assailant follows them in trying to finish them off.

At night, the only way into the St. John's is through the ER, which has some pretty tight security. Then, after you get into the main hospital building, you can't get back into the ER from inside the hospital, you need to go back through security again.

By the way, the neo-natal unit at St. Johns is *excellent*

Retroit Guest

I wouldn't base security staffing levels for one hospital on those of another. Each hospital is different. Depends on size, number of entrances, ease of access for potential off-the-street trouble makers, threat level of surrounding community, how many of your patients were injured by violence [[possibility of retaliation), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post

3. I find it hard to believe that you can work security somewhere and ask such questions. This sort of questioning leads me to belive that you are some sort of terrorist or want to go on a rampage.
    Exactly!!!!

I don't know the answer, but even if I did I wouldn't go blabbing it on the internet! SHEESH!!!

My sister in law just retired from there, St John's. She told me of at least 3 occasions in the past 2 years where they had a lockdown, employees ducked and hid in closets due to someone loose in there with a weapon. Someone shot at a patient in emergencylast year. I was at Detroit Recieving visiting someone in emergency 10 years ago. It was hot out. They let the vagrants in off the street and let them stay in the waiting area to cool off. When the show Cops came on the tv there, they really enjoyed watching that. When I was in the ladies room, a weird lady tried to rip a necklace off a friend of mine. security guards in a hospital deserve respect. A lot of them are retired cops.

Why don't you go there and count for yourself? Do you really think that it is appropriate to ask for security information on a hospital? Do you want to know how frequently they do their rounds. What their patrol patterns are?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    They have definitely been working the Kinkos/Coney lot lately. really annoying. Same guy hit me up three times in two days with the same story about needing 1.25 for the bus.
    Maybe I've been there at the wrong time [[or at 6'4'' maybe I am too intimidating )... but not too intimidating for any of the gas stations at Harper/Cadieux.... always get hit up there...

JBMcB... the St. John oncology unit is superb as well. The new "North Tower" [[VanElslander Pavilion)... is amazing.... each room is like a penthouse suite!

This is kind of a funny place to ask that question. How could DYes possibly give you a valid answer to this question? Why don't you just call hospital security and ask? If you truly are from another hospital system, they should be able to provide you with some basic information without compromising their security or business model.

I heard 250,000