Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Has anyone seen her commercial where City Council President Charles Pugh is supporting her? That, [[along with council staff ridiculous raises), doesn't sit well with me.

Nee it is an awful commercial. You are correct about her putting her two cents in Detroit's business with her Yallz boy spill. That is what makes her a target for the negative remarks now.

I only can hope that her trailing in the polls translates to her losing. Her family single-handed are giving Detroit a reputation across America for corruption. Maybe without her, there might be more investment in the city

Just as a hypothetical... if we didn't know all that we do about the family, son, ex-husband etc. and it was just CCK has she done enough to keep her job ?

In other words is she behind because of her performance in DC or is it because of all the other stuff .

If she loses, doesn't that mean we lose seniority and a chairperson seat of importance?

Hope we wouldn't do that out of spite directed to her son.

In other words is she behind because of her performance in DC or is it because of all the other stuff .

Irrelevant. What matters is that she loses.

Hopefully her losing will be a warning to others to keep their camps & families in line.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    If she loses, doesn't that mean we lose seniority and a chairperson seat of importance?
    She was chair of the congressional black caucus in 2007-08. She hasn't had that "seat of importance" for 2 years. What she has left is whopping sense of entitlement - "I'll have this job for as long as I want it!" - and a disgraced name that continues to bring one embarrassment after another to the community. She is part and parcel of the Kilpatrick stench with her Y'alls Boy appeal to racism. I hope the citizens of that district have the sense to replace her with Hansen Clarke. Fingers crossed.

One more thing--Charles Pugh is an even worse airhead I thought, shilling for CCK in that barf-bag commercial Thank You, Congresswoman Kilpatrick blah blah blah. Pugh seemed like a nice guy if not the brightest. Now he just looks like the standard crooked politician kissing up to the Cheeks-Kilpatrick Political Dynasty.

Cheeks is behind. Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

Irrelevant. What matters is that she loses.

Hopefully her losing will be a warning to others to keep their camps & families in line.

And like I and so many others have been saying, most of you simply want her to lose out of spite.....name TWO reasons whee she failed @ her job that means that she deszerves to be ousted.....

BTW your whole reasoning for her not be re elected makes just about as much sensed as voting for people simply cause their names sound familiar....

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDetroit View Post
    She was chair of the congressional black caucus in 2007-08. She hasn't had that "seat of importance" for 2 years. What she has left is whopping sense of entitlement - "I'll have this job for as long as I want it!" - and a disgraced name that continues to bring one embarrassment after another to the community. She is part and parcel of the Kilpatrick stench with her Y'alls Boy appeal to racism. I hope the citizens of that district have the sense to replace her with Hansen Clarke. Fingers crossed.
    My daughter applied for a college scholarship from the Congressional Black Caucus in both 2007 and 2008.

She was competitive. She had a very high GPA, numerous community services as well as an adundace of extra curricular activites at her high school. CCK was chairperson at this time. We lived in her district.

We were not looking for a hand out but she more than qualified for the scholarship. As I previously said she was competitive.

To make a long story short, if we hear from the committee, you heard from the committee. At the very least I expected a letter telling her that she did not get it. Nothing, ziltch, nada. There comes a time when people can out stay their usefullness. I will not vote for her. And I am looking at her record only.

So can someone tell me what she actually did as chair of that committee?

Det News:

Congress

District 13 [[Detroit, Grosse Pointes, parts of western Wayne and Downriver)

Advertisement

John Broad, D

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100803/...#ixzz0vWqUIio9

Freep:

While Cheeks Kilpatrick sits on the powerful House Appropriations Committee, she has not delivered federal dollars for a largely needy district on par with her position nor raised the congressional conscience about the problems of urban America and aged industrial communities. Two years ago, after she squeaked through a primary, the Free Press said Kilpatrick had to be more effective for Michigan and do a better job of communicating with her district. She hasn't.

On the night of that 2008 win, Kilpatrick proclaimed the 13th District seat was hers until "I decide to retire." The seat belongs to the people, which Hansen Clarke is unlikely to forget. It's time for a change.

District 13

Democrat: HANSEN CLARKE

http://www.freep.com/article/2010080...s-endorsements
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010071...ouse-districts

I don't see endorsements from any of the TV stations.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    And like I and so many others have been saying, most of you simply want her to lose out of spite.....name TWO reasons whee she failed @ her job that means that she deszerves to be ousted.....

BTW your whole reasoning for her not be re elected makes just about as much sensed as voting for people simply cause their names sound familiar....
    1. She hasn't introduced any bills.
    2. She supports Manny Maroun
    3. She flew her family to Africa and S. America, including her then-Mayor son, on federal taxpayers' dimes.
    4. She was under investigation for House ethical violations. Where there's smoke...
    5. I'm not sure that she has ever stepped a foot in Harper Woods. She may have had breakfast in the Pointes once.
    6. I can not think of one tangible thing she has actually obtained funding for that is a direct benefit to those in her district.
    7. She has been trying to take credit for mass transit dollars for several years.
    8. The "y'alls boy" speech is unbefitting of U.S. Representative.
    9. She claims to have brought in $1 billion into the district since the district changed in 2002. Even if true, by my math that is about a $100 a year return on however many thousands we each pay in her 600,000+ people district.

...there are other reasons as well.

When she wins again I will not be surprised.

She always has a large turnout from the cemetery vote.

Quote Originally Posted by BagAJellyDonuts View Post
    When she wins again I will not be surprised.

She always has a large turnout from the cemetery vote.

Ha! Ha! Cemetary vote. I like that

Annndd she's gone.

yeah, Hanson!

Matty Maroun must be very disappointed.

Boom goes the dynomite.

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    Matty Maroun must be very disappointed.
    And Karmanos too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thames View Post
    And Karmanos too.
    Yep, Karmanos can stop kissing her @ss now, she's gone the way of getting a lifetime pension, health care and other freebies from our lovely, corrupt and incompetent govt. Another Kilpatrick bites the big one, always a reason to celebrate. As far as Pugh goes, just another witless dolt on the city council.

It will be "an eradication of the Kilpatrick family politically," said political analyst Steve Hood of Detroit. "They are no longer relevant."

Praise God!

"It's not about how much money or how many endorsements or how many big-named people are shilling for him in commercials."

Amen!

Must be a bitter pill for old Conyers to swallow, especially after endorsing her. He knows he could have the same fate, thanks to Monica, if he wasn't lucky enough to run 'unopposed'. Maybe somebody will decide to challenge him next time using Hansen Clarke as a role model. In the meantime, Conyers will surely miss hiding out in Washington with CCK hundreds of miles from their beloved family members and the Detroit media.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxDetroit View Post
    It will be "an eradication of the Kilpatrick family politically," said political analyst Steve Hood of Detroit. "They are no longer relevant."

Praise God!

"It's not about how much money or how many endorsements or how many big-named people are shilling for him in commercials."

Amen!

Must be a bitter pill for old Conyers to swallow, especially after endorsing her. He knows he could have the same fate, thanks to Monica, if he wasn't lucky enough to run 'unopposed'. Maybe somebody will decide to challenge him next time using Hansen Clarke as a role model. In the meantime, Conyers will surely miss hiding out in Washington with CCK hundreds of miles from their beloved family members and the Detroit media.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Shanelle Jackson who represents the 9th [[my district) runs against Conyers in two years She will be term-limited and the 9th is part of the 14th congressional district.

Bet she grounds him after his prison release! Buh-Bye!

Guess Ayanna will finally have to get a job! Oh, and Carlita too, because all of the friends with favors are about to dry up!

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Shanelle Jackson who represents the 9th [[my district) runs against Conyers in two years She will be term-limited and the 9th is part of the 14th congressional district.
    She stated this is her plan and a woman [[LP) stated she was going to fight against her at a council meeting where Ms. Watson had to calm [[LP) down . But LP I think does not live in JC's district. Anyway I do believe this will be her goal as Conyers is getting long in the tooth. Who knows in two years JC may want to retire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast