Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Isnt it strange how much a lil "nookie" can get u so deep into "dookie"?

I don't know who this Cox guy is or anything about his involvement, but will the Feds get him too?

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    If that's the case, it would've been much higher on the Richter Scale.

Smogboy, thanks for the great laugh! Something similar came to mind when I read the post that resulted in yours. But what I came up with was no way as entertainig as your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dookie joe View Post
    I was in the bathroom. What happened?
    Dookie, Kwame is doing in his pants what you might have accomplished in the loo.

KK apparently took corruption to a stellar level and now may be dragging more people than Christine Beatty into his black hole of sleaze. If this takes he will be in the slammer for a fair amount of time.

Plus, I have always thought that with Gary Brown on city council that the stripper murders in Detroit and Atlanta will not go away quietly. Who knows, in addition to his current charges the Tamara Green murder might eventually lead to more?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hey, BTW each of those youtube links you provided have been taken down by Cox! Not just as standard YT violations of TOS, but sited as copyright claims by Cox... hmmmn.

Or was that your point -- that they've disappeared.....?
    The latter.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    That isnt nice! You must not feel too sorry for them if you are calling them stupid names.
    I feel sorry for the kids because of the names Carlita and Kwame hung on them.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    I feel sorry for the kids because of the names Carlita and Kwame hung on them.
    I'm not sure how a dig at his kids' names is at all relevant to this conversation. Plenty of people, including my own parents, give their kids unusual names, and most of them are perfectly fine folks with no criminal or sociopathic tendencies at all. The FBI doesn't investigate people for their taste in baby names, and Kwame's actions would have been just as despicable had he named his kids John, Bill, and Mike. Can we stick to criticizing him for things that are legitimately and objectively wrong? Surely there's enough material there.

Surely there's enough material there.

True, but don't call me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    I'm not sure how a dig at his kids' names is at all relevant to this conversation. Plenty of people, including my own parents, give their kids unusual names, and most of them are perfectly fine folks with no criminal or sociopathic tendencies at all. The FBI doesn't investigate people for their taste in baby names, and Kwame's actions would have been just as despicable had he named his kids John, Bill, and Mike. Can we stick to criticizing him for things that are legitimately and objectively wrong? Surely there's enough material there.
    You have your point of view and I have mine. I don't like the kids names . I will also say what I want to say here. I also do not like Kwame, Carlita, Christine Beaty, or any of the other people involved in this mess. But I do feel sorry for the kids. I feel that Kwame when all is said and done, Kwame will plead guilty to at least one count, maybe two and go to the federal slammer for at least 5 years. This will take another round of the court room in the papers , media, about 2 or 3 years .

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Surely there's enough material there.

True, but don't call me Shirley.
    Okay, Meddle there's enough material there.

I don't like YOU.

You have your point of view and I have mine. I don't like the kids names . I will also say what I want to say here. I also do not like Kwame, Carlita, Christine Beaty, or any of the other people involved in this mess. But I do feel sorry for the kids. I feel that Kwame when all is said and done, Kwame will plead guilty to at least one count, maybe two and go to the federal slammer for at least 5 years. This will take another round of the court room in the papers , media, about 2 or 3 years .

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    I don't like YOU.
    I am so hurt.

Default Fight kwame fight

You didn't just get up in jail just by coming, they sent you up in there. YOU GOT TO FIGHT!!!!

No, seriously, I heard that jail sentences are usually longer if you get convicted by a jury instead of taking a plea bargain. So with that knowledge I advise Kwame to fight tooth and nail, so that when he loses he can get the maximum jail time.

This post was inspired by the following article: Kilpatrick lawyer: He'll battle this indictment

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    You didn't just get up in jail just by coming, they sent you up in there. YOU GOT TO FIGHT!!!!

No, seriously, I heard that jail sentences are usually longer if you get convicted by a jury instead of taking a plea bargain. So with that knowledge I advise Kwame to fight tooth and nail, so that when he loses he can get the maximum jail time.

This post was inspired by the following article: Kilpatrick lawyer: He'll battle this indictment
    They all say that. In America, you are innocent till proven guilty. Kilpatrick is innocent until proven guilty.

How long he is going to stick with his innocence is another story.

It was evident 2 weeks ago something was happening when Channel 7 was asked for some old Kwame tape. They showed a clip of Kwame saying he won't mess with the IRS as I recall. Anyway, Kwame and many of his cohorts are going down for the Civic fund. It will take a few years. This will keep the newspapers and local television stations in business for a while. Plus a few lawyers. This new lawyer Reed not in the same league as Kwame's other lawyers. If this is the best lawyer Kwame can round up, Kwame going to prison for a long time. Willie Gary is up on tax charges himself. His " case " about the text messages not as strong as they once thought. Another state court has just ruled that personal text messages written on work owned phones are not subject to privacy laws.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    We're all past that. It's my hope with the exposure of all the BS, those who have been making a living from exploiting the "great divide" will go out of business.
    Amen, and amen again! I hope this helps Detroit turn the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Stinking Boo View Post
    Isnt it strange how much a lil "nookie" can get u so deep into "dookie"?
    Never thought about that, but, that sure is true.

The Feds are strongly saying that this investigation is NOT over. This indictment is just the easiest to prosecute. Two key areas that will bring further indictments are the "pay to play" activities of the King, his father and others. The second key area is the city pension fund activities. Both are harder to prove, but they are going to come, sooner or later. As far as McNamara and his crime family, yeah, he escaped by dying because he was going down for sure. I never understood why KK was called "brilliant", as one person interviewed in the paper said, nobody is that smart and stupid at the same time. KK was a gifted liar, nothing more. Totally amoral, not immoral, a complete narcissist and self delusioned egomaniac. I don't see this thug as getting out of this with less than 10 to 15 years served when it all plays out. KK was a total creation of his parents, who are just as devious. Problem is that this is what Detroit's basic problem has been, generational "self entitled" corruption.

These charges are for the Kilpatrick Fund...didn't Carlita also have some sort of fund that was to go toward education. Could she also be charged with tax evasion? Could this be why she's moving back to D.C.? Could she knows she's also in trouble and will have her parents take the kids? Just speculating.

thewitz, do we know for sure she's moving back to DC? I've heard rumors from friends in Texas that she's already gone from the mansion, but nothing confirmed to be fact. And yes, there were at least 2 other funds managed by Carlita and Ayanna Kilpatrick that should also be called into question at some point in the future. It just gets deeper and deeper. Oh and by the way, did anyone catch let it rip on channel 2 last nite? Some very telling statements were made by Adolph Mongo and Steve Hood....we are a long way from this being over.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrrman View Post
    Problem is that this is what Detroit's basic problem has been, generational "self entitled" corruption.
    I think this is a growing problem in politics all over the country. As always, Detroit is the canary in the coal mine.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I think this is a growing problem in politics all over the country. As always, Detroit is the canary in the coal mine.
    Not the canary - Philly, Baltimore, obviously Chicago, the scandal involving several mayors and rabiis in New Jersey and New York, just to name a few in recent years. Kwame's people pretend like he's being singled out [[I know you are not suggesting that)..

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dtrrman View Post
    ...I never understood why KK was called "brilliant", as one person interviewed in the paper said, nobody is that smart and stupid at the same time. KK was a gifted liar, nothing more. Totally amoral, not immoral, a complete narcissist and self delusioned egomaniac. I don't see this thug as getting out of this with less than 10 to 15 years served when it all plays out. KK was a total creation of his parents, who are just as devious. Problem is that this is what Detroit's basic problem has been, generational "self entitled" corruption.
    Totally agree. His lack of any personal ethics or morality [[I think) might lead him to roll over on close friends, probably relatives, and maybe even his parents. I think that is what the feds are banking on, and that is what he'll have to do just to get 10-15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxpayer7 View Post
    thewitz, do we know for sure she's moving back to DC? I've heard rumors from friends in Texas that she's already gone from the mansion, but nothing confirmed to be fact. And yes, there were at least 2 other funds managed by Carlita and Ayanna Kilpatrick that should also be called into question at some point in the future. It just gets deeper and deeper. Oh and by the way, did anyone catch let it rip on channel 2 last nite? Some very telling statements were made by Adolph Mongo and Steve Hood....we are a long way from this being over.
    I had read that Kwame had 2 bodyguards for himself and family while in Texas. Without the income of his fake job, they can no longer try and use the secret money chest I am almost sure exists. My gut tells me they may not go after the women involved, Carlita and the sister because they have children. The outcry would be horrendous. Church groups would be all in a tither and I am sure Jesse and Sharpton would make the rounds here. I am not condoning the women and their funds. Now Chrissy a different matter. If they can get her, they will. Again, JMO. Let it Rip was good last night. Mongo is not one of my favorites . Steve Hood was interesting. Charlie Langton can be a twit, but sometimes makes valid points. I think the concensus from the panel is that Kwame in huge trouble and probably going down. The bribery stuff is coming and they are going after Bernard too.

I had read that Kwame had 2 bodyguards for himself and family while in Texas. Without the income of his fake job, they can no longer try and use the secret money chest I am almost sure exists. My gut tells me they may not go after the women involved, Carlita and the sister because they have children. The outcry would be horrendous. Church groups would be all in a tither and I am sure Jesse and Sharpton would make the rounds here. I am not condoning the women and their funds. Now Chrissy a different matter. If they can get her, they will. Again, JMO. Let it Rip was good last night. Mongo is not one of my favorites . Steve Hood was interesting. Charlie Langton can be a twit, but sometimes makes valid points. I think the concensus from the panel is that Kwame in huge trouble and probably going down. The bribery stuff is coming and they are going after Bernard too.
    If women want equal rights, they should be held equally responsible for decisions that they make whether good or bad. Men have children too, so that is no excuse.
    [[Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am female)

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast