Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Then you need to take up you complaints with Kim Worthy and the Federal Prosecutor for not going far enough in the charges that were brought.
    I have NO complaints against Kym Worthy, and it is WAY too early to have any opinion of the Fed Prosecutor's worthiness.

Saw a bumpersticker in Casey's Bar yesterday that said Kym Worthy hates the State Police...fuck that. She only tried to bring justice against that yahoo who killed Magoo in cold blood. What a bunch of claptrap bullshit that is...

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    Bailey:

You dumb a**, he ASSAULTED A POLICE OFFICER! That is not a "white collar crime" where I come from. Interesting that in the Freep James Thomas also says he was convicted of a "non-violent crime".
    For which he already served 120 days in jail you ignorant piece of sh*&.[[are we doing the name calling thing around here now?lol) He's not in jail now due to the assault, he completed that sentence. He's there because he violated on the perjury and restitution.

Prosecutor Douglas Baker has told Judge David Groner that Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick will plead no contest to one felony assault charge in return for dropping a second assault charge.
    The deal also calls for Kilpatrick to resign by Sept. 28 and 120 days in jail. That sentence will run at the same time as the jail time Kilpatrick agreed to in a deal he struck with Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy.
    A judge sentenced former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick to four months in jail Tuesday for a sex-and-text scandal, calling him "arrogant and defiant" and questioning the sincerity of a guilty plea that ended his career at City Hall.
    The punishment was part of a plea agreement worked out last month. Wayne County Circuit Judge David Groner adhered to that deal but said Kilpatrick would not get time off for good behavior, potentially up to 20 days in this case. "When someone gets 120 days in jail, they should get 120 days in jail," Groner said.
    Kilpatrick, a Democrat, admitted lying while testifying last year in a civil lawsuit filed by former police officers who accused him of illegally demoting or firing them.
    He and chief of staff Christine Beatty, both 38, were accused of having an affair and denied it, but text messages obtained by a lawyer in the case — and later the Detroit Free Press — contradicted them.
    Kilpatrick also was given a 120-day concurrent sentence for assaulting a sheriff's officer who was trying to deliver a subpoena in July
    if you're upset he got off too light on the assault, you're a good year plus late on the righteous indignation.
    Last edited by bailey; July-22-10 at 01:04 PM.

At 6 PM tonight on Channel 4, Kevin Dietz broke the story of a witness under sworn affadavit of a party at the Mannogian. Mike Cox was there according to the report. Carlita took a table leg and hit Tammara Greene with it. Cox and Kwame were getting lap dances.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I have no tangible evidence but I feel with every fiber of my being he was there.

Channel 4 the first with this story. It is not on any other media outlet yet. Just so the nay sayers know where the story was first reported. I am sure the other outlets will have more info later. How credible is this story? Don't know yet. I hope it does blow Cox out of the water and he is done. Kwame is already done. Carlita should be in jail too.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Channel 4 the first with this story. It is not on any other media outlet yet. Just so the nay sayers know where the story was first reported. I am sure the other outlets will have more info later. How credible is this story? Don't know yet. I hope it does blow Cox out of the water and he is done. Kwame is already done. Carlita should be in jail too.
    Channel 2 reported a blurb on their newscast. They will be on it soon enough. That's where I first heard it. But 4 had them scooped.

8. Default

This totally smells of dirty tricks and one that may work. The Republican primary contest is very close among three, maybe four candidates. With seven days to go there is no way to have this PR disaster for Cox averted. The person who made the testimony would have to crack, say he was lying, got paid to do it etc. Not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    This totally smells of dirty tricks and one that may work. The Republican primary contest is very close among three, maybe four candidates. With seven days to go there is no way to have this PR disaster for Cox averted. The person who made the testimony would have to crack, say he was lying, got paid to do it etc. Not likely.
    This does sound fishy. The guy making the accusation will need at least one more person doing the supposed security to come forward. If one more does come forward, then this story might hold up better. I never liked Cox anyway. I would not put it past him that he was at the party.

We'd been hearing this as rumor for years, only substantiation was that one police radio operator who said that 'numerous officers' confirmed that Mike Cox was at this party. Couldn't remember any names, so it was dismissed as unconfirmed.

Now we know why it shouldn't have been EXCLUDED from consideration.

One thing which strikes me as honest about his story, every other supposed eye-witness claimed the weapon was a baseball bat. The table leg makes much more sense...and screams original perception.

Closer and closer to the truth we finally are...

If this guy's testimony includes that MOST of the guests arrived by boat, then it will harmonize with more of the other not-yet-confirmed rumor.

I have beleived and said from the start of this mess, that Cox was at that party. That is why he was so happy to declare it an "Urban Legend" and cover Kwame's ass.......he was covering his own at the same time. No one in their right mind should vote for this lying, cheating bastard.

Lowell is on the right track. A political motive is responsible for this witness appearing all of a sudden without a shred of corroboration. This is the kind of bombshell or over the top kind of thing that Adolph Mongo is good at producing, but there's been no public indication that he is working for any candidate or group involved in the gubernatorial campaign. So then, who is behind this?

One thing is for certain. The affidavit is false. There is no way that a sitting mayor [[even one as irresponsible and entitled as Mr. Kilpatrick) hires a motorcycle club to provide security at a party. There may have indeed been a party, but this guy wasn't there as a security guard.

george_babbage Guest

I agree with swingline. I mean, the mayor had his own EPU army. He needs biker-gang security? And I have a hard time believing the Hip Hop Mayor puts Mike Cox [[who hadn't even been elected attorney general yet) on his invite list.

Quote Originally Posted by george_babbage View Post
    I agree with swingline. I mean, the mayor had his own EPU army. He needs biker-gang security? And I have a hard time believing the Hip Hop Mayor puts Mike Cox [[who hadn't even been elected attorney general yet) on his invite list.
    I'm inclined to agree, even though I am firmly in the camp of those who believe that this party happened and Kwame is connected to Tamara Greene. I still completely believe this, but something about this affidavit doesn't ring true, for the reasons that Swingline and George Babbage mentioned. Why would Kwame not use the EPU, officers that he probably trusted completely? Why would he hire total strangers to do security, if he knew he would be doing things that he would want to remain secret?

Not only that, here's a thought: Tamara Greene appears to have been a small woman. Additionally, given what has been spent in the past on furnishing and decorating the Manoogian in the past, I'm sure that any coffee table there would have been solid wood and solidly constructed, not some inexpensive particle-board table.

I may be wrong, but I cannot see an expensive, solidly-built wood table breaking from a small woman landing on it.

Still though, I'm secretly hoping that this guy's story is true, as it gives me a glimmer of hope that everything will finally come to light.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    Lowell is on the right track. A political motive is responsible for this witness appearing all of a sudden without a shred of corroboration. This is the kind of bombshell or over the top kind of thing that Adolph Mongo is good at producing, but there's been no public indication that he is working for any candidate or group involved in the gubernatorial campaign. So then, who is behind this?

One thing is for certain. The affidavit is false. There is no way that a sitting mayor [[even one as irresponsible and entitled as Mr. Kilpatrick) hires a motorcycle club to provide security at a party. There may have indeed been a party, but this guy wasn't there as a security guard.
    ...or he learned his lesson after the debacle of using them in the first place. Remember this was REALLY early in the tenure. Not saying I believe it, but Mike Cox's non-denial denials sure make one a little suspicious. Couldn't he have just said, "read my lips, I was not at any stripper party at the manoogian". period. end of line. end of statement. Instead we get a dissertation about dirty tricks and how he was a Marine.

lilpup Guest

I don't really see a problem with this affidavit - Kwame liked to ride bikes, Kwame knew Cox previously, hiring the bikers insulates the thing from the police department, and it's entirely possible the bikers had better connections to provide some entertainment and/or candy for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If women want equal rights, they should be held equally responsible for decisions that they make whether good or bad. Men have children too, so that is no excuse.
    When has a woman gotten away with a crime merely because she is a woman? There are plenty of women doing the time their boyfriends should be doing just because they were with the guy. Then the boyfriend turns her in for a reduced sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    When has a woman gotten away with a crime merely because she is a woman? There are plenty of women doing the time their boyfriends should be doing just because they were with the guy. Then the boyfriend turns her in for a reduced sentence.
    I was responding to someone who was claiming that Carlita wouldn't go to jail because she has children.

Was this mentioned in the paper today? If so, I missed it. If not, why not?

Is it possible that cheap furniture was in the house as they had not completely moved in or decorated yet? I am second guessing this man's story also but it could be true.

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    They were talking about this on 97.1 late morning/ early afternoon yesterday so channel 4 was hardly "first with this story"

So that would be Tuesday, and Channel 4 had the story Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    They were talking about this on 97.1 late morning/ early afternoon yesterday so channel 4 was hardly "first with this story"
    No, Channel 4 had it breaking exclusively at 5:45 PM Monday. I checked all media at that time, no one but Dietz had it. Their 6 PM newscast led with it. Channel 2, 7, the papers , or radio, nobody had it. It was Dietz .
    I posted here a few minutes after it broke. Check the date and time.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast