Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Right on, dtrrman. You've got to admit, though, his current peer group probably makes him look pretty good. Maybe that should be his first clue.

But it is VERY clear the delusion is not HIS alone, btw. He's still got his cheerleaders.
    I think you call those sycophants, er.....@sskissers, butt barnicles, or something like that!

OR co-conspirators still waiting to tap those off-shore accounts he cannot touch from prison...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    OR co-conspirators still waiting to tap those off-shore accounts he cannot touch from prison...LOL!
    You can bet there is a ton of money sitting in sheltered accounts these guys are just itching to get at. The IRS is going to be watching these guys like hawks for a long time.

I can only imagine that no one's posted this yet because we are all too busy banging our heads against the wall: Michigan parole board votes to release Kwame Kilpatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthofNormal View Post
    I can only imagine that no one's posted this yet because we are all too busy banging our heads against the wall: Michigan parole board votes to release Kwame Kilpatrick.
    This news warrants its own thread -- WOW @ the news!

bartock Guest

So he's got several months of relative freedom before he starts his real prison sentence. So at least his children will theorectically get to spend some time with him before a lengthy sentence. Of course, now we'll be inundated with more of his horseshit as he continues on this little PR campaign of his, and odds are 50/50 in my opinion that he's going to violate his parole again before the federal trial even gets started.

Thank You Baby Jesus, Kwame will be FREE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    Of course, now we'll be inundated with more of his horseshit as he continues on this little PR campaign of his, and odds are 50/50 in my opinion that he's going to violate his parole again before the federal trial even gets started.
    This is what I'm afraid. I'm so tired of this guy. He just won't go away. What is Christine Beatty doing these days? I never hear about her. I never hear about Carlita, or any of the other players in this big sordid mess. The only fool that stays front and center aggravating the Detroit area is Kwame. Even his mother went away. What exactly is Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick up to these days? Why can't Kwame go silently into the night like all the rest of the players in his soap opera?

Buy American Guest

The correct term is: KWAME MAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    This is what I'm afraid. I'm so tired of this guy. He just won't go away. What is Christine Beatty doing these days? I never hear about her. I never hear about Carlita, or any of the other players in this big sordid mess. The only fool that stays front and center aggravating the Detroit area is Kwame. Even his mother went away. What exactly is Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick up to these days? Why can't Kwame go silently into the night like all the rest of the players in his soap opera?
    Kmame won't go away because he needs to muddy the waters as much as possible before the federal trial. The federal trial is what can ruin his life big time and he wants to get his side of the story out as much as possible. If you believe him or not, thats another story.

The Detroit News has a story today supposing what KK will do now: promote his book, fulfill "many" speaking engagements, etc .
    I wonder if it's going to be a lot harder to market that book now that Border's has closed. He could have done readings in their stores. Now his market is churches,and many of those wouldn't be able to pay his travel expenses.
    Thinking as well about going home and trying to fit in again as Father and leader of that family. That will be hard, as it should be.
    I see that his spokesman is his "former spokesman"- but strangely still promoting him.

He could do readings on Saturday Night Live....

Kinda like Christopher Walken reading "Good Night Moon"

Can't wait to see the reviews of the book on Amazon... I suppose. Someone's got to read it to at least write something... Hah! That's about the only way I will know the contents...
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    The Detroit News has a story today supposing what KK will do now: promote his book, fulfill "many" speaking engagements, etc .
    I wonder if it's going to be a lot harder to market that book now that Border's has closed. He could have done readings in their stores. Now his market is churches,and many of those wouldn't be able to pay his travel expenses.
    Thinking as well about going home and trying to fit in again as Father and leader of that family. That will be hard, as it should be.
    I see that his spokesman is his "former spokesman"- but strangely still promoting him.

has the book's ghostwriter made any public statements or interviews yet?

I don't know about the writer, but we learn today that the publisher is having someproblems [[probably $$$ problems) and so the book is delayed.

As well, the propomotional company has bowed out, the Free Press reports:
    "A lot of people have stuck with Kwame Kilpatrick through thick and thin, but the publicity firm hired to hype his book, "Surrendered: The Rise, Fall & Revelation of Kwame Kilpatrick," isn't among them.
    Smith Publicity, an international book promotion firm, had been prepared to help Kilpatrick promote the book once he got out of prison. Now, with Kilpatrick set to walk out of the G. Robert Cotton Correctional Facility in Jackson on Tuesday, they've cut him loose.
    "It was our decision," publicist Kate Knapp said Friday, "but we wish him the best."

They forgot the rest of the quote, must've run out of column space...

...they more likely said, 'we wish him the best...in prison...'

So, one wonders...the best what?...CELL PHONE reception? The sweetest suite-mate?!

The best Temperature Controlled Cell?!

Screw this guy...Kwhyme doesn't get another ounce of my energy today. I'll await the next time I can jump in and help keep his large ass out of the public square...

Sincerely,
    John

I just hope the printer and graphic designer were paid. They tend to get 'shafted' in these endeavors. Always ask for a half down deposit... not one of those 'we'll all get paid when...' scams.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I don't know about the writer, but we learn today that the publisher is having someproblems [[probably $$$ problems) and so the book is delayed.

As well, the propomotional company has bowed out, the Free Press reports:
    "A lot of people have stuck with Kwame Kilpatrick through thick and thin, but the publicity firm hired to hype his book, "Surrendered: The Rise, Fall & Revelation of Kwame Kilpatrick," isn't among them.
    Smith Publicity, an international book promotion firm, had been prepared to help Kilpatrick promote the book once he got out of prison. Now, with Kilpatrick set to walk out of the G. Robert Cotton Correctional Facility in Jackson on Tuesday, they've cut him loose.
    "It was our decision," publicist Kate Knapp said Friday, "but we wish him the best."

Here's a link to the statement that was released in Mr. Kilpatrick's name today:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

The Freep has a video of him being released from the hoosegow. He looks pretty good, it looks like he lost a lot of weight.

Prison made him a changed man on the outside, same a-hole on the inside I'll bet ya.

I'm about kwamed out. What is it, about another year before the Feds get him in court?
    Last edited by rjk; August-02-11 at 10:19 AM.

Believe the current start date for the "Kilpatrick Enterprise" trial is 9/12/12.

KING KWAME is freed and heading back to Texas. Good Riddance to him until the next trail. Enjoy your freedom your royal highness. Because you will heading down to court for next trial.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

First thing KING KWAME is going to do is throw a stripper party.

Neda, I miss you so.

this is one person that i actually hate. i'm so sick of his smug face and attitude, comes out of jail with a smile and a thumbs up. he thinks he a fricken celebrity! says "he'll be back detroit", ugh, please, no thank you....don't do us any favors. i hope these federal charges get his ass back in jail asap and for more than the 14 months he just served.

Kwame's Release Party on Belle Isle tonight, at least according to twitter.

Who' going?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Kwame's Release Party on Belle Isle tonight, at least according to twitter.

Who' going?
    What time? I play handball in Belle Isle on Fridays.

I was hoping Uncle Sam would be waiting outside the gate with an arrest warrant.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast