Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Andylinn, we're on the same page. I heard you on WDET the other day. We'll talk

Default Invitation

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post this here so smack me if I've erred!

Are you interested in helping to reform Detroit City Government? Join us for a night out and chat with like-minded people from throughout the city about the May 5 Mayoral Election and Proposal C- the Charter Reform ballot proposal. Enjoy lively discussion, delicious refreshments and meet some candidates for the Charter Revision Commission - you can help by signing some nominating petitions to make sure that we get some great candidates on the ballot. Let's Work Together to Free Detroit from Politics as Usual!

Sunday, May 3, 2009
    6:00pm - 8:00pm
    Street: 511 W. Canfield
    City/Town: Detroit, MI
    Email: reformdcharter@gmail.com

Default Candidate Schreuder enters the mix

Andy, Recycler, and Ms. Chievous, I look forward to supporting your efforts. Will you all still be around this weekend collecting signatures?

My friend [[and boss) has just asked me to help her gather the required signatures to get on the ballot for Charter Commission. Eastern Market seems like a great place to start the recruiting process, but I'm wondering where else might be good this weekend.

The candidate is Ellen G. Schreuder, a lifelong Detroiter. She's had a 30+ year career as an area attorney. She's President of the Rosa Parks Institute, and former Chairperson of the Board of Controllers at Northern Michigan University. I'm sure there are more traditional CV qualifications I'm missing.

She's also an all-around great lady. Ellen is extraordinarly committed to her neighborhood in East English Village. She's invested tons of time and energy to helping out kids in her neighborhood [[I often help shuttle them to Sunday school...they're terrific, but her patience is greater than mine).

Ellen has a passion for Detroit that I hadn't seen matched until I joined this forum a few months ago. I've only been in the area a year or so, and she loves to teach my wife and I the rich and complex history of the City and region.

So I hope you'll all consider signing her petition and/or voting for her. I should be out Eastern Market tomorrow, and I'd love to hear other suggestions for places to get signatures.

Just found out that as a Ferndale resident, I can't even try to get signatures. But I hope you'll all read my endorsement above and support Ellen Schreuder [[along with Andy, Matthew, and Ms. Chievous).

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_wall View Post
    Just found out that as a Ferndale resident, I can't even try to get signatures. But I hope you'll all read my endorsement above and support Ellen Schreuder [[along with Andy, Matthew, and Ms. Chievous).

If Ellen Schreuder is a detroit resident running for the Charter Commission, it should be perfectly legal for you to get signatures for her from Detroit residents. Has someone from the clerk's office or the department of elections told you otherwise?

Cloud_Wall, in asking around, it seems unclear whether or not non-Detroit residents can collect Signatures. To be safe, I have only registered voters collecting for me, but if she is in a pinch, and needs your help, I believe that non-Detroit residents are allowed.

Detroit Yes Community:

If you have not yet, but would be willing to sign one of my petitions, you can stop by Bureau of Urban Living until tomorrow night [[May 8th), she has one behind the counter, or

Also, I will be outside Avalon International Breads from 1-3pm tomorrow, Saturday, May 8th, with petitions to be signed, and would love to meet you and hear your ideas. [[I will also be canvassing around the city in the morning and afternoon, but will be roving, so hard to find)

Thank you all so much for your support.

Remember that you can also join my facebook cause:
    http://apps.facebook.com/causes/2745...467?m=6d54c0aa

I believe non-Detroit residents could gather signatures [[the info I was given says "qualified & registered electors of Michigan"), I'd hate to have someone signatures disqualified because of erroneous info so, to be safe you might stick with Detroit residents or talk to someone knowledgeable at the Clerk's office [[good luck with that, some are good, some not). I've been off the boards for a few days so I think I missed a few opportunities to meet and converse with you Andy. If your petition is still there on Monday morning, I'll stop in and sign.

A huge thank you to Jessica Pfeiffer, another Charter Commission candidate who was instrumental in getting me involved in this effort, for setting up a blog so voters can be informed about some of the candidates. http://www.reformdcharter.blogspot.com/

In coming weeks, you will see bios from Jessica, myself and others. I believe you will be able to submit questions and comments so feel free to pass this link on to your friends and family who are interested in candidate events and information.

"If you think you can, you can; if you think you can't, you're right"
    Join: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/279229?m=714b0a78

Last edited by MsChievous; May-09-09 at 08:39 PM.

Ms. Schreuder talked to someone in the Clerk's office who said she had to use Wayne County residents, which seemed like a strange distinction to me. I think the written language she was asking about says "Michigan electors only" or something to that effect.

I don't know if the person knew what he was talking about or not, but Ellen chose to take the safe route. I'm hopeful she'll be able to get the signatures she needs.

Default Re; Andy Linn

Went to Facebook to check out your cause.....Two suggestions....Tuck in your shirt and lose the photo of Coleman....

JBA, hey, that was a photo of ME with Coleman!

I will take your suggestions into advisement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2