Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    mmm rum cake and cocoa bread. I got some take out from a Jamaican restaurant, when I got the fish dinner home it was a whole fish that had the head intact It was tasty nonetheless!
    I've noticed that most of the best Mexican places in SW Detroit serve the fish the same way. Although not a market, I forgot to mention that Caribbean Citchen on 7 Mile [[yes, they actually spell it that way, haha!) also has ackee and saltfish, the national dish of Jamaica. I don't think you can get it anywhere else in Metro Detroit.

What an ugly run-on sentence. Sorry!

There is also Udeon Jamaican Patties. http://www.udeonjamaicanpatties.com/ They had a few groceries behind the glass, and had vegetarian patties.....

Rono's restaurant has Jamaican food and drink. It's old location was just west of Evergreen on Mc Nichols, but they are now directly across from Sinai-Grace....

I frequent the French African market on Grand River one block west of Lahser as well.
    21631 Grand River, Detroit

I like the Nescafe [[all robusta- like the Clasico Nescafe at Walmart but better) Milo and good Fanta when they have them in stock.....

I did not know the Phillipine/African market on the Blvd had closed. There is a similar market in the big strip mall @ 12 1/2 and Southfield accross from the Target. It is near the Lee Beauty Supply [[sign just says Asian market, but they have Caribbean stuff as well). This strip mall also has an Ethiopian restaurant....
    Last edited by rooms222; July-16-10 at 08:38 AM.