Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    This is about the most blatant abuse of trolling I've ever seen. Danny- you are out of your f*ckin mind.

And FYI, almost half of Corktown IS BLACK.

And while we're at it, the people who are now running the Bagley-Trumbull Market have dumped thousands into that store to make it more desireable to passer-bys. And it's working, cuz they're making more money this summer than that store has in years. Do you even go into that place to buy anything? Apparently not, so while you spew divisive crap about a proud Detroit neighborhood entertaining your "succession" fantasies, why don't you try shopping locally for a change?

Like at our LOCAL grocer, you know cuz we supposidly don't have one. It's called HONEY BEE, on the Corktown- Mexicantown border who we're proud to call our closest western neighborhood, on Bagley behind the MCS, voted the best independant grocer in the ENTIRE CITY.

If you hate being apart of Detroit so much, LEAVE.
    Reading is fundamental.

Hi think we should put a dome over Hamtramck too. Outlaw the weather. Corktown eat our dust!!!!

Geez, I thought we were already independent from the City, but then I guess I was just thinking about the service issue or lack there of.

Now that we have a suburban mayor ... wouldn't it make more sense to annex suburbs like Franklin and all that good property tax than to split Detroit in micro-burbs?

Yeah, you can have the Michigan Central building as your city hall.
    Bring back Jack Kelly too while you're at it.
    Come on, get real.

Ravine Guest

The Bagley-Trumbull Market was a favorite stop, of mine, while the Maltese family owned it and ran it.
    Since they left, I've been in there a few times, and each time, it looked like a generic, dimly-lit and funky [[and I don't mean that in a good way) rat-trap similar to 5000 other party stores around this city.
    First thing done to make it more "desirable" was the installation of the bullet-proof glass, which, somehow, the Maltese folks never seemed to feel the need for; anybody started any shit, Felix or Tony found ways to handle the situation without any truly disasterous results for anyone.
    And the goddam cooler was set to keep stuff actually cold, too.

Consolidation of political units is more like it in this era [[epoch?) of waning tax revenues. Why not, for example, do away with city police and fire depts and go to county-wide agencies a la Los Angeles and some other counties?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    LOL... thanks Bear... I was waiting for a voice of reason to kick in... that saves me from using the "anyone with at least 50 posts and half a brain" comment...

Danny... who by the way for those at this years and last years Forum picnic would have noticed... is indeed African-American....

Danny is in a sort of way the DYES resident mascot.... he's been around here for what seems like forever... he's special... so don't take his sometimes odd comments too seriously.
    Well, in all fairness, I don't normally jump to conclusions about the status of someone's specialness. I guess I'll have to do that on this forum more often...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3