Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 95 of 263 FirstFirst ... 45 85 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    this talk about the pens got me thinking. what did everyone use to carry your books? my sister and I had those plaid plastic book bags with a zipper top mom got from the school. in the winter, they cracked, and in the summer, they stuck to our arms.
    You took books home?

either that or get the pointer or meter stick across my bum for not turning in homework.

I had the clear plastic fold'over top one when I was in 7th - and 8th - and earlier, I think it was the zippy ones. Hey, I've got one of those pointers at home from the school, so no one better get out of line -- right JJO?

Default The Wall

On my trip to DC. I took etchings of the names of St. Jude grads who gave their lives for our country in Vietnam. I've also posted them on the St. Jude FB page

David J. Givens Casulty Date 8/31/1969
    Howard J. Harman Casulty Date 8/29/1968
    Lawrence L. Bonacci Casulty Date 10/5/1968
    Paul D. Mannerow Casulty Date 5/10/1969
    Brian E. McCarthy Casulty Date 5/10/1970
    Last edited by zitro; June-09-10 at 03:53 PM.

Default The Wall II

Gregory T. Indrecc - Casulty Date 5/5/1968
    James H. Cools - Casulty Date 9/1/1967
    Albert F. Sayer Jr.- Casulty Date 9/8/1967
    Joseph C. Wiar Jr. - Casulty Date 1/7/1968
    John J. Schultz Jr. - Casulty Date 5/12/1966
    Last edited by zitro; September-16-09 at 03:14 PM.

Ronald F. Van Raemdonck - Casulty Date 9/21/1966
    Last edited by zitro; September-16-09 at 03:15 PM.

z, that sure brings it home. When I visited the WWII memorial and saw the Illinois pylon, I literally cried as my dad was born south of Chicago and it made me feel I was with him again - I had donated to the fund to build the monument. I didn't know any of the Vietnam vets, but all those years I saw that plaque in church, I am totally humbled. Thanks for bringing this to us.

z, that sure brings it home. When I visited the WWII memorial and saw the Illinois pylon, I literally cried as my dad was born south of Chicago and it made me feel I was with him again - I had donated to the fund to build the monument. I didn't know any of the Vietnam vets, but all those years I saw that plaque in church, I am totally humbled. Thanks for bringing this to us.
    You're quite welcome laing. I can't even begin to describe my emotions when I went to the WWII Memorial and the Iwo Jima monument. Let's just say I was overwhelmed

Z, thank you so much for this important contribution to our St. Jude group, and more importantly, for honoring these brave men and their families in this way.

I just noticed the rubbing for Albert Sayer. I wonder if that was Miss Sayer's brother.

I carried my books naked in my arms in 6th, 7th and 8th grade. I'm sure I had some sort of book bag that also cracked and stuck when I was much younger.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I carried my books naked .....
    Are we allowed to use the word "naked" in a thread monitored by Fr. Ording?

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Are we allowed to use the word "naked" in a thread monitored by Fr. Ording?
    Do you prefer unclothed, denuded, undraped, au naturale....

"All of the above?"

You're protected under the 2nd amendment on this one, J.

Miss Cole - Report to the Principal's office at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Miss CFG - Please be there with your pointer.

Why, Father, which word do you prefer?

Why, Father, which word do you prefer?
    Let's not get cheeky, young lady.

this talk about the pens got me thinking. what did everyone use to carry your books? my sister and I had those plaid plastic book bags with a zipper top mom got from the school. in the winter, they cracked, and in the summer, they stuck to our arms.
    Same here Laing...They must have been on sale at Kresge or the "new" K Mart on 9 and Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by JJOrding View Post

Miss Cole - Report to the Principal's office at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Miss CFG - Please be there with your pointer.
    What about EMG? He said he liked them all. You're just picking on the girls.

I will bring the pointer - and a box of erasers that need to be clapped! EMG will be busy for quite some time!

thinking about cleaning erasers, what did we used to do to clean the desktops of the old wooden lift topped desks at year end?

murphy's oil soap?

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    On my trip to DC. I took etchings of the names of St. Jude grads who gave their lives for our country in Vietnam. I've also posted them on the St. Jude FB page

David J. Givens Casulty Date 8/31/1969
    Howard J. Harman Casulty Date 8/29/1968
    Lawrence L. Bonacci Casulty Date 10/5/1968
    Paul D. Mannerow Casulty Date 5/10/1969
    Brian E. McCarthy Casulty Date 5/10/1970
    Z: Thank You. Many of us at St. Jude remember when the memorial plaque by the Blessed Mother statue was installed and the feeling of awe, gratitude, and sympathy that was felt after reading the names of those who gave the ultimate sacrafice during Vietnam.

Looks like we got a triple-header on tap for today: Michigan, State and Notre Dame, and the Tigs. I'll have to work fast and mow the lawn during half-time.

Page 95 of 263 FirstFirst ... 45 85 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 105 145 195 ... LastLast