Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 65 of 263 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by 12468_laing View Post
    'cause you can. come on, take one for the jets!
    Fine. Everyone is to spend an hour after school and is required to write at least one interesting factoid about their years at St. Jude. Here's mine:
    I sang in the city wide choral competition in, I think, 3rd or 4th grade. We sang a whaling song wearing yellow slickers while a large cardboard whale was carried back and forth across the stage.

I sang "Camptown Races" in the finale of a Stephen Foster musical and played a solo on the snare drum during a band concert. It was "76 trombones" from the Music Man. They were both during the 4th grade. My fifteen minutes of fame was up after that.
    Last edited by kellyroad; July-15-09 at 10:35 AM.

Yes, Sr. jcole! In 4th grade, we had to make posters for the ADF - Archdiocesean Development Fund, and my poster won for the 4th grade. I was given a rosary made in Rome - on the case it has a symbol of the Pope, and the tissue wrapper the whole thing was in had the Italian rosary makers name and information on it. Was to have been blessed by Pope Paul, but not sure of that. Still have it.

I once got to hand the class trash can to Fannk and saw him put it in the incinerator

but did you catch it when he threw it back up the stairs to you? I remember I dropped it once when Mr. Gogeleski was the janitor and never went back.

but did you catch it when he threw it back up the stairs to you? I remember I dropped it once when Mr. Gogeleski was the janitor and never went back.

Luckily yes! I lived to see another day

Ok, you three boys get a gold star for completing the assignment and may leave to go play baseball.
    The rest of you, get on the stick!!

ok guys, all at the same time, THANK YOU SISTER!

That's "S'ter" not "Sister". I ,too, got one of those rosaries for an ADF essay. Of course, since I'm much older than you, mine was made from the wood of the true cross. I lost it.

We sang Christmas Carols at Michigan Central station in our black choir robes that had some kind of red satin collar thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Fine. Everyone is to spend an hour after school and is required to write at least one interesting factoid about their years at St. Jude. Here's mine:
    I sang in the city wide choral competition in, I think, 3rd or 4th grade. We sang a whaling song wearing yellow slickers while a large cardboard whale was carried back and forth across the stage.
    Yes to that factoid. Was it Walter Taranek's father who did the art work? I can't remember.

JC - It must have been in the third grade as I do't see Sister ER having patience for all of us "birds of a feather".

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Yes to that factoid. Was it Walter Taranek's father who did the art work? I can't remember.

JC - It must have been in the third grade as I do't see Sister ER having patience for all of us "birds of a feather".

I think your right Mkap. Sister ER would not allow us to have that much fun. I seem to remember Kathleen [[ Mini Ha Ha ) Menighan having the lead in that play.

I made it to the final two in the school spelling bee in 8th grade. Dave Moroz and I were the last two standing. I blew it on the word microorganism. The two o's together just seemed wrong, so I left the second one out. Dave went on to win, and he represented the school in the Detroit News competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    I made it to the final two in the school spelling bee in 8th grade. Dave Moroz and I were the last two standing. I blew it on the word microorganism. The two o's together just seemed wrong, so I left the second one out. Dave went on to win, and he represented the school in the Detroit News competition.

Eye allmost one a speeling be wonse mieself

Thinking of spelling bees....who remembers the flash card contests? I ruled Sr. Mary Malley's 7th grade class.

Thinking of spelling bees....who remembers the flash card contests? I ruled Sr. Mary Malley's 7th grade class.
    Okay, boys, as soon as 7 gives us his piece, you can all go over to the blacktop for the rest of the afternoon.

Okay, boys, as soon as 7 gives us his piece, you can all go over to the blacktop for the rest of the afternoon.
    I drank a carton of chocolate milk from one of those fabulous machines every single school day for 8 years.

There you go. Class dismissed

Who, like me, is looking forward to Lions football? While we can't improve upon last year's undefeated pre-season record, I am more confident than ever we can win more games this year over the previous year.

Millen's gone. Marinelli's gone. Kitna's gone. Lot's of new faces on and off the field. It's a new day ... a new era ... GO LIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Who, like me, is looking forward to Lions football? While we can't improve upon last year's undefeated pre-season record, I am more confident than ever we can win more games this year over the previous year.

Millen's gone. Marinelli's gone. Kitna's gone. Lot's of new faces on and off the field. It's a new day ... a new era ... GO LIONS!

Ask me after the Tigers are finished winning the World Series

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Ask me after the Tigers are finished winning the World Series
    Fair enough, but now's your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and beat the bandwagon jumpers.

In my world, the Tigers win the World Series at home on Nov 1, and the fans attending the 7-0 Lions' anhilation of the Rams flow out onto the streets of Detroit to join in the euphoric celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    I think your right Mkap. Sister ER would not allow us to have that much fun. I seem to remember Kathleen [[ Mini Ha Ha ) Menighan having the lead in that play.
    Z - Now there's a blast from the past. As I remember she was a tiny, gregarious gal with a short brunette bob. When did she leave us, and has anybody heard from her.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Fair enough, but now's your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and beat the bandwagon jumpers.

In my world, the Tigers win the World Series at home on Nov 1, and the fans attending the 7-0 Lions' anhilation of the Rams flow out onto the streets of Detroit to join in the euphoric celebration.
    7 - I'm with you, I think. Can't wait to see if they can begin the new era with at least 'a' win this year. Can't help but remember the old Bobby Lane curse though. I suppose that means I'm on again off again. Hard to make up you mind with the Lions/Laydowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    7 - I'm with you, I think. Can't wait to see if they can begin the new era with at least 'a' win this year. Can't help but remember the old Bobby Lane curse though. I suppose that means I'm on again off again. Hard to make up you mind with the Lions/Laydowns.
    But the Bobby Lane curse should be over. That was more than 50 years ago, and I think the curse was for 50.

But the Bobby Lane curse should be over. That was more than 50 years ago, and I think the curse was for 50.
    True, but I heard he extended it when they hired all those guys with the initials M.M. Maybe only one more to get rid of.

Was it the Lions would not win for fifty years, or not win at all in the 50th year? Both of these happened, but J's right.
    The Bobby Lane Curse has expired.

GO LIONS!!!

Page 65 of 263 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 115 165 ... LastLast