Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    The first set were pretty high up off the ground, so as a little kid, I couldn't get my leg up high enough, and later, it lost its appeal

That's what buddies backs were for

Try to remember, I was a girl. We didn't have 'buddies'. We had girlfriends, and girlfriends didn't stand on each others backs. I had friends that were boys, too, but they wouldn't have let me climb up the pole. It was the 60's and girls still needed protecting.
    When we played army, I was always the nurse. Cowboys and Indians, the helpless little farm wife who had to be saved.

Try to remember, I was a girl. We didn't have 'buddies'. We had girlfriends, and girlfriends didn't stand on each others backs. I had friends that were boys, too, but they wouldn't have let me climb up the pole. It was the 60's and girls still needed protecting.
    When we played army, I was always the nurse. Cowboys and Indians, the helpless little farm wife who had to be saved.
    Russle me up a mud pie.

Oh, and I need some mercurachrome and a bandaid. My finger got pinched in my cap gun.

Funny this coming from a helpless waif who claimed to play football with the neighborhood guys when she was a lass

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Funny this coming from a helpless waif who claimed to play football with the neighborhood guys when she was a lass
    I did, but girls didn't let girls climb on their backs, and when we were little [[army and cowboy and indian age) the boys didn't like us to touch them. By the time we were football age, you couldn't get them to stop touching us.

I did, but girls didn't let girls climb on their backs, and when we were little [[army and cowboy and indian age) the boys didn't like us to touch them. By the time we were football age, you couldn't get them to stop touching us.

So, what's your point, Z?

The slower we are to get started, the more we have to make up for lost time!

Same went for the girls.

Wow! Not one post yesterday! How come, everybody working? What a drag.

Have a safe trip EB.

Son did okay in the short film fest he and is associate entered. Nominiated for three categories: Best Film Concept, Best Director, and Best Actor.
    They took Best Director.
    Thanks to those who inquired.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Wow! Not one post yesterday! How come, everybody working? What a drag.

Have a safe trip EB.

Son did okay in the short film fest he and is associate entered. Nominiated for three categories: Best Film Concept, Best Director, and Best Actor.
    They took Best Director.
    Thanks to those who inquired.
    I was wondering what happened to you son's short film. Congrats!

Met up with a friend last night in Eastpointe. Shot some 9 ball at Snookers [[The old Kelly's Kue). Afterwards we cruised the old neighborhood along Kelly. Regina and Luthern East are now Chandler Park Middle School and Elementary school respectively. The school grounds and buildings look as nice as ever. Sadly, the former NDHS building and grounds are neglected.... bushes and weeds growing wild, graffiti by the back door enterance to the cafeteria. Fr. Bryson would not have been happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Met up with a friend last night in Eastpointe. Shot some 9 ball at Snookers [[The old Kelly's Kue). Afterwards we cruised the old neighborhood along Kelly. Regina and Luthern East are now Chandler Park Middle School and Elementary school respectively. The school grounds and buildings look as nice as ever. Sadly, the former NDHS building and grounds are neglected.... bushes and weeds growing wild, graffiti by the back door enterance to the cafeteria. Fr. Bryson would not have been happy.

That's sad but also sadly predictable. Speaking of Fr. Byson check the impressive lists of bands that graced the stage at the ND Sock Hops in 1970.
    Last edited by zitro; March-01-10 at 12:14 PM.

Me thinks ol' M's just yankin' our chains, eh?

Any of you folks planning on holding or folding at one of the card parties SJ's got planned for next week?

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    That's sad but also sadly predictable. Speaking of Fr. Byson check the impressive lists of bands that graced the stage at the ND Sock Hops in 1970.
    and don't forget the Rolling Stones and the Supremes in earlier years..... Fr. Bryson, if he chose so, could have been one of the top rock-act/record promoters in the country.

"Chandler Park Middle and Elementary schools?" I couldn't find them on Google, but then again I didn't try too many searches. So are they Harper Woods public schools, or new private schools? I'm surprised they named them after Chandler Park. That area is not anywhere NEAR Chandler Park!

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    "Chandler Park Middle and Elementary schools?" I couldn't find them on Google, but then again I didn't try too many searches. So are they Harper Woods public schools, or new private schools? I'm surprised they named them after Chandler Park. That area is not anywhere NEAR Chandler Park!
    I assume they're still golfing at Chandler Park. It would be a real shame if they let that go.

What, am I noone? I posted 4 times yesterday. Z posted 3x, as did CFG, not to mention EMG, KR and 7 and K.
    Gee, MKap.
    I'm happy for your son. That's a great beginning to a lifelong career. Congrats.

What, am I noone? I posted 4 times yesterday. Z posted 3x, as did CFG, not to mention EMG, KR and 7 and K.
    Gee, MKap.
    I'm happy for your son. That's a great beginning to a lifelong career. Congrats.
    Thanks for noticing.

Thanks for noticing.
    I just got tired of going back and counting posts. You had 1

I just got tired of going back and counting posts. You had 1
    Thanks again. I understand your feelings.

Gee, MKap.

Ahh, the life of being the proverbial Chopped Liver.

Congrats Mkap.. I did get a chance to view that short and it was very moving

And thanks to 7andKellly for the St. Jude Bells video. With just one bell, it didn't seem all that spectacular, but it was interesting to see nonetheless considering that I didn't live close enough to hear them ringing and was never near there when it did. For all I knew that tower might have been "just for decoration" and long abandoned! My own church at the time [[St. Brendan) didn't have bells.

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    And thanks to 7andKellly for the St. Jude Bells video.
    You're quite welcome.

Just starting out on youtube...so far it handles video much better than FB, IMO.

I'm sure someone out there is sitting on a goldmine of 8MMs of the eastside and St. Jude's just waiting to be digitized and posted for our amazement.

Well, are all my peeps happy campers on this grey and dismal Monday morning? Both of out teams did it again!

Page 6 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 106 ... LastLast