Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thought I'd change the topic from nuns to car wash.. a perfect segue. This was posted on the Eastwood forum and since Eastwood and Hayes is in the St. Jude boundary perhaps one of our posters might have an answer or comment.

To all who lived near Eastwood and Hayes: As long as I can recall there has been a car wash on the south east corner of Eastwood and Hayes. Last time I checked [[last year) the car wash was still in business. I don't recall another car wash in existence any longer.
    Does anyone know when that car wash opened?
    Do you know of another car wash that has been in business longer?

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    Well, you better get up here and look us up. You better bring lots of presents too, to make up for the tooth. Or, you could just pay for the replacement of it! LOL
    Meet you half way? Say Mt. Pleasant? I'll pop for a couple pulls on the one armed bandit. You can pop for a couple of pops . We can help build another Teepee. Would love a get together. We have a place about forty minutes South of MP. PM me. We can exchange info.
    Last edited by Mkap; April-04-09 at 05:38 PM.

Any SJ folk taking in the final 4 scene this week in the D?

Had great front row seats for yesterday's games, KR ... right in front of the colored TV.

Go green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Usher's annual pancake breakfast yesterday at St. Jude! Such a great turnout that the volunteers from DeLaSalle HS and Regina HS, had to hurry and put up more tables and chairs! Those ushers know how to put out a breakfast!

Busy weekend. Had to go to Hughes-Hatcher in the basement to get fitted for a new Easter suit, then over to Mueller's for some new shoes. I hope I don't get them scuffed up before Sunday or I'll never hear the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Busy weekend. Had to go to Hughes-Hatcher in the basement to get fitted for a new Easter suit, then over to Mueller's for some new shoes. I hope I don't get them scuffed up before Sunday or I'll never hear the end of it.
    Some kids are just born with a silver spoon in their mouth I was lucky if Robert Hall had a gas pipe sale and Federal's basement had a clearance shoe bin for deep discount prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Go green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go White!!!

I'm off to Tie Rack myself to get a bow tie to go with my red blazer from Robert Hall.

I love Easter. I remember well searching for that Easter basket Mom packed with such loving care.

I always preferred the hollow chocolate bunnies, and the red and black jelly beans ... still do. And those cardboard coin banks were fun to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Great Usher's annual pancake breakfast yesterday at St. Jude! Such a great turnout that the volunteers from DeLaSalle HS and Regina HS, had to hurry and put up more tables and chairs! Those ushers know how to put out a breakfast!
    Saw the pancake breakfast photos on facebook. The SJ ushers along with the DeLaSalle and Regina volunteers did a great job it seems. Nice to see the gym kitchen back in use.

The gym was hoppin' - and yeah, it was great seeing the ushers flipping those pancakes on the gym griddle. Took more pictures from 6-130 & 6-131 and will post later.
    Speaking of Easter Finery - did a stop myself at Feds for some Easter Duds and walked over to Bakers for shoes dyed to match the assemble. Nothing like one stop shopping at 7 and Gratiot - oh yeah, the Easter handbag came from Monkey Wards.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Some kids are just born with a silver spoon in their mouth I was lucky if Robert Hall had a gas pipe sale and Federal's basement had a clearance shoe bin for deep discount prices.

You were so Po you couldn't afford the "or".

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    I'm off to Tie Rack myself to get a bow tie to go with my red blazer from Robert Hall.

I love Easter. I remember well searching for that Easter basket Mom packed with such loving care.

I always preferred the hollow chocolate bunnies, and the red and black jelly beans ... still do. And those cardboard coin banks were fun to fill.

What a pain it was to dig the last of the jelly beans out of the bottom of the basket when they would get entwined in the plastic grass

I loved the hollow chocolate bunnies and eggs, too, but even better than those were the white chocolate bunnies from Morley's Candies. Oh, so good. And in the really bad taste of childhood that you look back on and say 'why did I ever eat that' I loved marshmallow Peeps, but they had to be stale, or I wouldn't eat them. My mom had to open the package three days before Easter and then put it in the basket.

Does anyone remeber what the record store was at Eastland? I think it was in the store that was originally Zodeens.

Does anyone remeber what the record store was at Eastland? I think it was in the store that was originally Zodeens.
    I remember a small record shop across from Kresge near the grand court. Don't recall the name. The only other places to get records were at Kresge in the basement. I'm not sure if they even carried albms [[33 rpm). Hudson's did have a record department on the 3rd or 4th floor. Does anyone else recall a place to purchase records at Eastland [[before or shortly after it was made an indoor mall)?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    I remember a small record shop across from Kresge near the grand court. Don't recall the name. The only other places to get records were at Kresge in the basement. I'm not sure if they even carried albms [[33 rpm). Hudson's did have a record department on the 3rd or 4th floor. Does anyone else recall a place to purchase records at Eastland [[before or shortly after it was made an indoor mall)?

The place across from Kresge's is what I was thinking of

Opening day for the tigers. Good thing it's not at Copa, might be snowed out. Hope things settle down with the pitching this year.

Go Spartans!
    Last edited by Mkap; April-06-09 at 02:34 PM.

I can't recall the name of the record store either, but this all brings back my memories of working at Hudson's during Chrismas season back in 1977.

Wasn't there a Gus Zoppi in there, but that's not the place I was thinking of.

Gus Zoppi was/is out around 12-13 and Dequindre. I don't remember the store at Eastland.

I've got to know that through the years - when the Easter basket re-emerged, it still contained some old jelly beans from the previous year, way down deep in the bottom on the green, green, grass.

I kinda remember the record store, but have a much clearer memory of when Bill Freehan came to Zodeens to sign autographs! Now, THAT was an exciting day for a 12 or 13 yr old! It had to have been only a year or two after the 68 Series!

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    I can't recall the name of the record store either, but this all brings back my memories of working at Hudson's during Chrismas season back in 1977.
    We worked there in 77. What department were you assigned to? Sis was in Men's shirts main floor - I was selling Men's unmentionables in the "Rainbow" store. Learned quick not to go running for a tape measure when some "customer" wanted his inseam measured! :-)

Page 6 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 106 ... LastLast